Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

melvin

Print  
Posted By Message

tffdwg38

Banned

tffdwg38 Avatar

Career:16-14
Chips:
whos next for guillard if he beats stevenson

Last edited 2/12/07 6:04PM server time by tffdwg38
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   2/12/07 5:46:45PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I think a shot at the LW title. He has been on a great roll. I would love to see him face Sean Sherk, or Hermes Franca if he wins, for the title. Melvin doesn't have boring fights he is just one of those guys. I think him vs Franca would be one of the most exciting LW match ups to date.

Post #2   2/12/07 6:19:44PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
I don't remember if Franca vs. Sherk is confirmed or not.

But if not, I want to see him fight Franca for #1 contender.

Post #3   2/12/07 7:01:09PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:

Posted by bayonetxwork

according to dana and the post-fight press conference, franca vs sherk is confirmed.. if melvin beats stevenson, i think he would be next in line.. if not, then he would definately be involved in a #1 contender matchup.. and if not THAT, the UFC is screwing him

Post #4   2/13/07 9:11:44AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by bayonetxwork

according to dana and the post-fight press conference, franca vs sherk is confirmed.. if melvin beats stevenson, i think he would be next in line.. if not, then he would definately be involved in a #1 contender matchup.. and if not THAT, the UFC is screwing him

Completely agree. Also, Melvin is popular enough that it would sell.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #5   2/13/07 9:39:58AM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
Melvin is very good, but he is not ready for Sherk or Franca quite yet. I think he should have 2 more matches before he is considered for a title shot.

Post #6   2/13/07 12:21:20PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

Melvin is very good, but he is not ready for Sherk or Franca quite yet. I think he should have 2 more matches before he is considered for a title shot.

Why do you think 2 more matches? j/w. Because I think hes ready for either of them, more so Franca than Sherk though. Franca isn't as powerful as Sherk, plus he has sloppy stand up and would probably get picked apart by Melvin.

Post #7   2/13/07 12:23:27PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:

Posted by bayonetxwork

Posted by fedorwins1

Why do you think 2 more matches? j/w. Because I think hes ready for either of them, more so Franca than Sherk though. Franca isn't as powerful as Sherk, plus he has sloppy stand up and would probably get picked apart by Melvin.

Melvin doesn't have a very good ground game tho and Franca would submit him if it went to the ground.

Post #8   2/13/07 12:36:01PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
If he doesn't get a title shot (if)after he beats Stevenson...

Then maybe they should throw Frank Edgar into the mix???

He alread had one big upset (and fight of the night, IMO) and could maybe pull off another...

We could see a LW Jason McDonald type rise.... Or he could just be fuel for the Melvin fire... Either way it's win - win in my book.

Post #9   2/13/07 12:56:50PM   

modogg

Learning to Sprawl

modogg Avatar

Career:308-202
Camp: Cobra Kai Skeleton Crew
Chips:
Melvin or Stevenson will probably have to fight someone else first because i am guessing the winner of either BJ Penn vs. Pulver or of the new TUF will get a shot after Franca. my guess is the winner of Melvin vs. Stevenson will get the other. most likely will be Melvin (or Stevenson) vs. Penn or Pulver, that should sell real good. also will help the TUF winner have more to fight for, but i could be totaly off here (with the TUF call)

Post #10   2/13/07 9:46:05PM