Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Whos got the best chance to stop Cro Cop??

Print  
Who will defeat Cro Cop
Andrei Arlovski 25 33%
Tim Sylvia 12 16%
Randy Couture 18 24%
Chuck ( LHW) 12 16%
Brandon Vera 8 11%
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Big Nog is coming to the UFC. Pretty sure he beat Cro Cop and would be one of his biggest challenges now.

Post #46   4/14/07 11:34:29PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Big Nog is coming to the UFC. Pretty sure he beat Cro Cop and would be one of his biggest challenges now.

bignog shouldnt be a problem. CC dominated that fight until he just slipped up. He wont make that mistake again. On the feet Nog had nothing. It would be a slightly more dominant match than the last.

AA has the best chance. I dont think CC would know how to defend against a big overhand right too well.

Post #47   4/15/07 12:55:37AM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
the only way cro cop gets beat in the next year is if he goes into a fight with a broken left big toe!

or if any one smart enough can get him in a clinch against the cage and does nothing but stomp on his foot repeatedly!

Post #48   4/15/07 1:16:38AM   

FortySixBelow

MMA Regular

Career:17-17
Chips:
Couture got my vote...It's going to take a lot of heart and an amazing game plan to beat a man like Cro Cop... i don't think his chance is good...but it is the best among that group. I think he could throw more wrenches into Cro Cop's game then any of the others.

Post #49   4/15/07 7:58:19AM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:

Posted by richieb19

Andrei Arlovski
Tim Sylvia
Randy Couture
Chuck ( LHW)
Brandon Vera

I would have to go with AA, he may have a suspect chin and would most likely get KO'd, but he has the most agressive standup of them all, which is what you need to beat crocop, plus his right hand is lightning quick. Big Tim's legs are too easy a target for CroCop, Couture would fall short after a few failed takedown attempts, Liddell has a very bad style to match up against Mirko as he keeps his side completely open and his hands way too low, and Vera, well Vera would just get outclassed by a superior striker.

Post #50   4/15/07 2:33:11PM   

seazer

Learning to Sprawl

seazer Avatar

Career:275-166
Chips:

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Posted by richieb19

Andrei Arlovski
Tim Sylvia
Randy Couture
Chuck ( LHW)
Brandon Vera

I would have to go with AA, he may have a suspect chin and would most likely get KO'd, but he has the most agressive standup of them all, which is what you need to beat crocop, plus his right hand is lightning quick. Big Tim's legs are too easy a target for CroCop, Couture would fall short after a few failed takedown attempts, Liddell has a very bad style to match up against Mirko as he keeps his side completely open and his hands way too low, and Vera, well Vera would just get outclassed by a superior striker.

I def. have to agree with this statement, well said man.

Post #51   4/15/07 2:42:03PM   

Statik

Banned

Career:6-7
Chips:

Andrei Arlovski!
Very aggresive fighter, and probably the best chance to beat Cro Cop

Last edited 4/15/07 2:47PM server time by Statik
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #52   4/15/07 2:46:49PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,848-1,057
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Couture has the best shot at Cro Cop. His well-rounded game will give him the best chance. A ground guy that can punch. That is where the majority of Cro Cop's losses come from.

Vera would seem like a good fight except Cro Cop has serious K-1 striker skills. Vera, although a good striker in his own right, would get seriously outclassed by Mirko.

Arlovski would get KTFO. He's got skills but LHK is gonna toast his chin.

Liddell would be in a major disadvantage due to his low hands and tendency to counter. He would never get close enough before Mirko KOs him.

Sylvia... would be funny to see who falls funnier from a LHK, Timmy or Alexandre

BTW, I am not a randy nuthugger in the least, but based on styles and tendencies to big matches, he gets my vote.

Post #53   4/15/07 2:55:58PM   

Juggernaut

MMA Regular

Juggernaut Avatar

Career:27-18
Chips:

Posted by We_Todd_Did

God...or maybe a certain coach Ditka...

Seriously though, I truly think that CC would have an easier time stopping a bigger guy (Sylvia) than someone like AA.With Tim, he'd be able to move around and pick his shots better, particularly leg kicks, which would land FAR faster than Big Tim's jabs.We all know the formula:he throws a bunch of leg kicks until (insert victim here) can't take 'em anymore and focuses on blocking them, then WHAM!LHK,good night.

I can really see AA giving him problems with his speed.AA has an excellent ability to move in and out of the pocket very quickly, probably has better foot speed than CC is used to dealing with outside of K-1, and actually has some really decent head movement.He'd be a far more difficult target on which to time those kicks correctly.Given, he'd have to work on his combos a little, because I don't think it'd take CC long to time some good shots when all AA is doing is "left jab, right...left jab, left jab, right" as he's been known to do.

agreed, Mirko is very good against the bigger opponents. hell,look what he did to Big Bob Sapp, broke his Jaw. I'd say Randy has a pretty good chance though, Mirko isn't all that great against wrestlers and not very good on the ground, look at the fight with Mark Hunt

Post #54   4/15/07 10:45:59PM   

-Virus-

MMA Regular

-Virus- Avatar

Career:90-56
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Im thinking either Chuck because of his punchers chance also Werdum should be on the list because if he beats Arlovski he will be top contender and will have a chance if he can get it to the ground

Post #55   4/15/07 10:53:30PM   

AdamG

Learning to Sprawl

AdamG Avatar

Career:601-428
Camp: SF Fight Fans
Chips:
Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera. Nuf said. The only guy in the UFC that has already beat CC and will be an immediate contender for the title. Of the fighters that haven't beaten CC, I'd give Vera and Liddell the best chances. CroCop is too slow to beat the Iceman and will get out hustled by Vera. I think Chuck would have to change his game plan to beat CC, because trying to counter Mirko is a dangerous game. Vera and Liddell would have to press the action at a faster pace than CC is used to, the way Fedor did.

Post #56   4/16/07 12:23:14PM   

LaosPowerHouse

Learning to Sprawl

LaosPowerHouse Avatar

Career:1,104-762
Chips:
Randy. Once it's on the ground, it's all over

Post #57   8/1/07 7:30:31AM   

russ_95670

Learning to Sprawl

russ_95670 Avatar

Career:169-103
Camp: Sac Towns Finest
Chips:
The pit bull. hes taller and can trade strikes.

Last edited 8/1/07 9:34AM server time by russ_95670
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #58   8/1/07 9:30:55AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
gabriel gonzaga

Post #59   8/1/07 9:33:23AM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4