Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

And yet another "Big" John McCarthy interview

Print  
Posted By Message

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
This one is pretty extensive and touches on a lot of subjects so I thought I would post it too. Really good to hear that The Fight Network should be comming to combat sport fans in the States soon. I can't say enough about this channel.

Chris Howie of MMANews.com: This is Chris Howie with MMANews.com and today I am speaking with former UFC head referee and the newest addition to the Fight Network team, "Big" John McCarthy. How are you today John?

"Big" John McCarthy: I'm doing good. Just spending a few days here in Toronto.

MMANews.com: How are you liking the city?

"Big" John McCarthy: Well, they lied to me and said it never snowed here.

Link

Last edited 1/8/08 2:07PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   12/19/07 11:21:33PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
thanks for post, his interviews are always good

fav part:

MMANews.com: Do you feel there are any promotions out there now that can compete with the UFC?

"Big" John McCarthy: There are none out there now that are competing. There are some that are existing around them but the UFC dominates the sport in terms of programming, putting on the biggest fights - they dominate.

he does say there are others that "CAN" compete, but as of now, as everyone knows, they are not
good way of putting it big john

WAR MMA and WAR BIG JOHN!
he'll return as a special guest referee for a super fight within next ten years

Post #2   12/19/07 11:30:22PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
i would like to see big john fight once b4 he leaves, give him a easy fight

Post #3   12/20/07 12:12:38AM   

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Wouldn't that be something, hell even if it was in a organization other than the UFC. He is 45 years old, but he is also a BJJ black belt and a very big guy, I doubt it would ever happen but I know if it ever did I would be watching for sure. I agree with the comment about seeing him as a Ref again for a superfight down the line somewhere, this will def. happen.

Post #4   12/20/07 12:28:22AM