Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Q & A with Sherk

Print  
Posted By Message

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
After successfully defending his UFC lightweight championship with a decision win over Hermes Franca it was revealed that then champion Sean Sherk and Franca both tested positive for banned steroid substances in pre fight tests. Franca admitted to knowingly using steroids in an attempt to heal from a late developing training can injury but Sherk maintained his innocence and chose to appeal the suspension of one year that he received from the California State Athletic Commission.

Link

Last edited 1/8/08 2:07PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   12/19/07 2:22:14PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
he says if asked to fight in jan could he hav done it, and he replies by saying he could not be ready to fight in 5 weeks notice.
anyone else think thats kinda odd?
i got my reasons for why he couldnt make it on 5 wks notice but not sure what is considered bashing, especially since he IS a CONVICTED steroid user, but anyways, if one of my fav fighters cant be ready in 5 weeks notice, then i prolly wouldnt have that fighter be a favorite of mine
WE NEED BJ v SHERK----THATS A F'N SUPER FIGHT IF I EVER HEARD OF ONE

Post #2   12/19/07 2:54:06PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,973-1,009
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
i think that Sherk is more mentally exhausted that physicaly and that's why he would have not been ready in 5 week notice.

but he can consider himself lucky to have a direct fight with the futur champs Bj or Joe !!

Last edited 12/19/07 3:04PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #3   12/19/07 3:02:49PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
After reading this article I think the fans and fighters should let bye gones be bye gones. Sherk is free to pursue this farther and try to completely clear his name. I feel there is just too much doubt in the state's case and in the way they've handled the appeals process.

Post #4   12/19/07 3:58:47PM   

pgally2000

banned

Career:203-125
Camp: Team Moon Cricket
Chips:
He had a positive urine test and a clean blood test? That doesn't make sense, that carry-over argument is starting to become a legitimate argument now. In my personal opinion, after reading this article, I think he's clean, because I'm sure that stuff stays a lot longer in your bloodstream than it does your urine...

Post #5   12/19/07 4:56:44PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by pgally2000

He had a positive urine test and a clean blood test? That doesn't make sense, that carry-over argument is starting to become a legitimate argument now. In my personal opinion, after reading this article, I think he's clean, because I'm sure that stuff stays a lot longer in your bloodstream than it does your urine...

Well then you can change your mind. The kidneys and liver clean the blood. Bloodstream measurement determines immediate use. The urine holds many substances (drugs) for much longer than the blood. Kidney and liver output show recent toxins that wouldn't still be in your blood.

Post #6   12/19/07 9:49:50PM