Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

On Keith Jardine.

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,263-790
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
GREAT POST.....Jardine Chuck would be a very interesting match

Post #16   2/13/07 4:04:55AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
posted by Achilles heel
Liddell does have a good chin, yes, but I'm not sure it's superior to Griffin's. Anyway, the reason I think kicks to his legs and body could be useful against him is precisely because of their cumulative effect, and because they can sap a fighter's power and hinder his mobility. Naturally, if he caught Jardine like Sylvia caught Rodriguez it would be "nighty-night." But that's true, regardless; I don't think kicking Chuck would be more dangerous than anything else you might try, other than simply running away.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While I agree Forest has a good chin, I don't think it's comparable to Chuck's. Chuck, The Nogs, Gomi, Fujita, Hunt, these are the best chins in MMA to me off the top of my head. Great chin's and good chins are a completely differnt category in my book. Forest was Koed unconscious by Horn and Jardine. I can't even remember Chuck having a flash KO. After losing back to back against Rampage and Randy(where he gassed) he has obviously improved his cardio. He didn't even look tired in the 2nd Tito fight to me. Until someone can take him to the 4th-5th rounds, I don't see anybody getting him . I'm not saying Jardine won't get ( or hasn't earned) a shot soon, just that he's not ready for Chuck yet.

Last edited 2/15/07 10:14PM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #17   2/15/07 7:46:04PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

posted by Achilles heel
While I agree Forest has a good chin, I don't think it's comparable to Chuck's. Chuck, The Nogs, Gomi, Fujita, Hunt, these are the best chins in MMA to me off the top of my head. Great chin's and good chins are a completely differnt category in my book. Forest was Koed unconscious by Horn and Jardine. I can't even remember Chuck having a flash KO. After losing back to back against Rampage and Randy(where he gassed) he has obviously improved his cardio. He didn't even look tired in the 2nd Tito fight to me. Until someone can take him to the 4th-5th rounds, I don't see anybody getting him . I'm not saying Jardine won't get ( or hasn't earned) a shot soon, just that he's not ready for Chuck yet.

Good post... I just have to add Rampage to that list of the toughest chins...

Any man that can take that many knees and still smile at Wandy is up there on my list

Post #18   2/15/07 8:13:39PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2