Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Penn Again Badmouths Sherk

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
According to a recent Houston Chronicle article, BJ Penn continues to be critical of Sean Sherk, even going so far as to call him a "'roider" and talk about a "steroid championship".

Article

Last edited 1/8/08 2:09PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   12/17/07 4:26:21PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,988-1,015
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
BJ is right !!

nothing to add except maybe Go BJ !!

Post #2   12/17/07 4:37:11PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Good, the clean athletes should have a major problem w/ being asked to fight roiders.

Post #3   12/17/07 4:52:06PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Oh well. He can keep running his mouth until Sherk hands him a beating.

Post #4   12/17/07 4:55:20PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

i dont think that's happening, bj will outclass sherk along with any other lighweight for that matter, hell the guy can beat any welterweight (but he isnt even close to as dominant and there are plenty wws that can beat him too). bj is going to be propelled into legendary status soon, and it starts with sherk.

Post #5   12/17/07 5:01:53PM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:
agreed

Post #6   12/17/07 5:20:05PM   

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:
I really hope BJ never gets busted with the sweet sensai in his bloodstream because you know the haters will jump all over him.

As for the verbal onslaught of Sherk, I can't get enough of it. Its totally obvious that Sherk was on roids or hgh or whatever designer pill was out there. Even in his all access when he was showing all his "supplements" one could sense that he was full of shit.

He'll never have my respect as a fighter. Baseball players can do all of the steroids they want, that's fine with me, not fighters though. Not fair.

Sherk = cheater.

Post #7   12/17/07 5:26:03PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
Sean sherk seems pretty confident in his interviews saying that he never took steroid, from looking at his body alone you would think he was on roids, but it might have been the combination of various supplements that increased the level of whatever he was caught with, but even if this was the case, i still think its his fault for not doing the research and study of these supplements, i think he deserved from what he had........
as much as i would like BJ to win, i really dont see him pulling of a win vs sean sherk, i doubt it that BJ will KO sherk, and i highly doubt it that he will be able to submitt sherk, i see sherk taking this by what he is best known for, a UD....but who knows he might even get a KO if BJ gets tired in the later rounds..............but as for now we will just have to see how BJ and stevenson do, i wouldnt count out joe, but i see BJ taking it

Post #8   12/17/07 5:35:52PM   

MMAnia07

Learning to Sprawl

MMAnia07 Avatar

Career:330-212
Camp: The Bravo Forum
Chips:
Sherk aint beating on nobody....Still no guarantee that they will fight, im not counting Joe out, hes got nothing to lose in this fight. If he loses people will say, oh well he lost to BJ. If he wins, hes a the first TUF world champ and is looking at some big paydays in 08.

Post #9   12/17/07 5:48:01PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:

Posted by MMAnia07

Sherk aint beating on nobody....Still no guarantee that they will fight, im not counting Joe out, hes got nothing to lose in this fight. If he loses people will say, oh well he lost to BJ. If he wins, hes a the first TUF world champ and is looking at some big paydays in 08.

you mean the second TUF champ, Matt serra is still the champ....hey who knows maybe forrest Griffin will e the 3rd, doubt it but its always a possibility

Post #10   12/17/07 5:59:56PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Instead of jumping all over Sherk every chance he gets, BJ ought to be yelling at his Conditioning Coach.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #11   12/17/07 6:03:25PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-468
Chips:
Even though BJ says he's not looking past Stevenson I think he is. BJ is a very confident fighter but that's not always good. Joe is dangerous and has faught at welterweight just like BJ. BJ has faced much tougher competition but Daddy has more experience and might be stronger. This fight is tough to call. I want BJ to win because I want to see this fight with Sherk and the "Steroid Championship" comment made me laugh but it's not going to be a cakewalk for BJ. I won't be suprised if Daddy walks away with the gold.

Post #12   12/17/07 6:56:15PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

Posted by MMAnia07

you mean the second TUF champ, Matt serra is still the champ....hey who knows maybe forrest Griffin will e the 3rd, doubt it but its always a possibility

You can't really call Serra a TUF champ because even though he got the shot from the show he was in the UFC long before it.

And why are so many people acting like Sherk is going to get his ass kicked by BJ? Is it because BJ beat Pulver, a guy who now fights at featherweight? Is it because Sherk got caught with a higher level of nandrolone (i think that was it) than average? It's not like he's been doing it all his career I'm pretty sure he would have been tested more than once in the years he's been fighting. He's always looked the way he does. BJ is going to come into this fight (if he gets past Stevenson) and Sherk is going to take him down, avoid any submissions, ground and pound BJ, and who cares if he lays n prays to a decison? If BJ is such an amazing ******* fighter he should be able to use his jiu-jitsu to sweep and pull off submissions. But what's going to happen when he can't submit Sherk and gasses? Sherk is going to win the lightweight for a second time. And when the test comes back and shows he was clean for the fight what's BJ gonna say then?

Post #13   12/17/07 7:19:23PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

lol, Sherk is a miniature version of Hughes. And BJ will tool him beyond belief.

Post #14   12/17/07 7:30:45PM   

buryyourdead

MMA Regular

buryyourdead Avatar

Career:383-219
Chips:
BJ will frustrate Sherk so badly. Sprawl after sprawl after sprawl. BJ's stand up is juts better then Sherks. First thing is first though he needs to get past Joe Daddy. Not saying he can't or anything but he shouldn't be looking past him at all. BJ has allways been the underchiever I think we can all agree there. Hopefully he's grown up and can be the champion that we all expected him to be.

Post #15   12/17/07 8:08:11PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3