Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor vs. Antonio Silva

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
If Silva can make 265, which he may possibly can. Tim Sylvia can make it, so the possibly is there, who do you think takes it?

Post #1   2/12/07 2:55:01AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,055-1,156
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
At 265 , or under, I say Fedor beats anybody. Sila is still developing but I would like to see him fight at 265. He weighed 298 last night without cutting at all. I'm sure he could cut 15 lbs. of fat and 13 lbs. of water too make it. Guy is 6 ft. 4 , but has a Tim Sylvia reach, good standup.. BJJ, and he's strong. He's not zulu, and I don't think , even for Fedor, it would be as fair at 298.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   2/12/07 4:09:02AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
If we give him a few years to mature, then this could be a very competitive fight... Right now it would be Fedor, via experience (then RNC)

Post #3   2/12/07 8:40:11AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

At 265 , or under, I say Fedor beats anybody. Sila is still developing but I would like to see him fight at 265. He weighed 298 last night without cutting at all. I'm sure he could cut 15 lbs. of fat and 13 lbs. of water too make it. Guy is 6 ft. 4 , but has a Tim Sylvia reach, good standup.. BJJ, and he's strong. He's not zulu, and I don't think , even for Fedor, it would be as fair at 298.

He did appear to have a few rolls that could be easily cut off. i have no doubt he could make 265.
He would proably be around 275 if completley ripped. And from there it is a easy 10 pounds to cut.

Post #4   2/12/07 10:19:45AM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:
according to silva, the fight has already been on the table and fedor refused it..

source

Post #5   2/12/07 11:30:27AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
I thought Fedor said in a interview something to the effect that Silva would have to earn the right to fight him. I could be wrong, I know he said the same of Monson.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #6   2/12/07 11:41:16AM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I thought Fedor said in a interview something to the effect that Silva would have to earn the right to fight him. I could be wrong, I know he said the same of Monson.

that would make sense to me..
maybe junior was just trying to ruffle some feathers and get fedor to sign on to the fight or something

Post #7   2/12/07 12:16:49PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Career:501-328
Chips:
fedor by whatever he wants.....

silva is a freakshow and i didnt see anything in this last fight that would put him in the same league as fedor. silva is too big/slow/awkward...i dont even think it would be an entertaining fight.......

and good for fedor saying he has to earn the right.....

Post #8   2/12/07 12:29:57PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I heard Fedor was willing to fight Monson, Until the Sylvia- Moson Catastrophe.
Then Fedor basically said give him to Aleks. Im not sure who Fedor is gonna fight in Bodog now. From what i hear Fedor doesn't want a Can. He wants a decent fighter. To destroy into oblivion.

Post #9   2/12/07 3:04:56PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by hippysmacker

I heard Fedor was willing to fight Monson, Until the Sylvia- Moson Catastrophe.
Then Fedor basically said give him to Aleks. Im not sure who Fedor is gonna fight in Bodog now. From what i hear Fedor doesn't want a Can. He wants a decent fighter. To destroy into oblivion.

its supposed to be against matt lindland dude.. apparently its already signed, and lindland signed on to do 3 heavyweight fights for bodog..

Post #10   2/12/07 3:07:52PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
Ya know I started a thread on Lindland /Fedor over a week ago and not one person gave Lidland a chance to win. I only remember one person thinking he would make it to the 3rd round. It's a shame, Lindland has a snowballs chance IMO against Fedor. Since he wants to be MR. free agent he should go beat up Frank Shamrock for us.

The Iron Code

Post #11   2/12/07 3:22:40PM   

Savy

MMA Regular

Savy Avatar

Career:61-50
Camp: Snatch As Snatch Can
Chips:
Too big, too slow.
Reference the zulu fight, or how Aleks handled that goofy brazilian Morais.
It would be a replay.
Beware of the lead left!!

Post #12   2/12/07 3:30:01PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I made a similar comment and It was brought to my attention in another thread that Antonio Silva is lightyears beyond Zulu in his still very young career...

I agree, and have to admit that it is not a fair comparison... From what I hear, he's got decent ground skills, and have to admit that he looked pretty agile in the fight the other night...

If he dropped another 20 or so lbs he might be even lighter on his feet..

Post #13   2/12/07 3:57:04PM   

Savy

MMA Regular

Savy Avatar

Career:61-50
Camp: Snatch As Snatch Can
Chips:
agree to disagree my friend

The ONLY man who has the kryptonite is Mirko.
Not Barnett, not Nogueira, not Hunt, not Sylvia, not Monson, not Lindland and CERTAINLY NOT Antonio Silva!!!!!

Last edited 2/12/07 4:07PM server time by savy
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   2/12/07 4:01:26PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Savy

agree to disagree my friend

That's cool and I mean no disrespect, but have you seen him fight much? I think he has very good skills and could be the man in 2 years if he keeps growing as afighter and cuts to 265. Very gifted and well rounded IMO. Still Fedor by 2nd round GnP IMO.

The Iron Code

Post #15   2/12/07 4:04:39PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2