Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

China

Print  
Posted By Message

deadcore

MMA Regular

deadcore Avatar

Career:69-52
Camp: FSC Fight Club
Chips:
I would love to see China start letting their fighters get involved in MMA. Would change the sport in my opinion.

Post #1   2/12/07 1:25:41AM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Career:25-13
Chips:
...What fighters?

Post #2   2/12/07 1:42:30AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,902-1,070
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Snacks

...What fighters?

Good point , can u give us an example of who you mean?

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   2/12/07 2:41:47AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Snacks

...What fighters?

Who Nows............
I hear Karate is pretty big over there. But unless they have a ground game they will get killed. I assume there are some good fighters there but who knows.

Post #4   2/12/07 8:02:03AM   

deadcore

MMA Regular

deadcore Avatar

Career:69-52
Camp: FSC Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Snacks

...What fighters?

Who Nows............
I hear Karate is pretty big over there. But unless they have a ground game they will get killed. I assume there are some good fighters there but who knows.

lol at karate being big in china. had to give you props for that one.

no but what i am saying is that their surely some great fighters that we don't and probably never will get to see. just imagine all the 'karate' masters waiting to be unleashed

Post #5   2/12/07 9:11:06AM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Career:501-328
Chips:
just think of it this way....

bruce lee was a god in the 70's...and they have had 30 years to improve upon that....im pretty sure that little old chinese ladies could take fedor now, via preying mantis handbag to the head.

Post #6   2/12/07 1:07:27PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by jmoooooo

bruce lee was a god in the 70's...and they have had 30 years to improve upon that....im pretty sure that little old chinese ladies could take fedor now, via preying mantis handbag to the head.

Or maybe. Its not old ladies you have to be scared of. But rather the high level athletes.................... the chinese are known for intense training of their atheletes. I know a swimmer from there. He used to train 8-9 hours a day. Thats a full work day for most people.

Post #7   2/12/07 8:02:22PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by jmoooooo

Or maybe. Its not old ladies you have to be scared of. But rather the high level athletes.................... the chinese are known for intense training of their atheletes. I know a swimmer from there. He used to train 8-9 hours a day. Thats a full work day for most people.

most of china's athletes train 8-9 hrs a day / 6 days a week and if they show talent they are forced to start at an early age and taken away from their families for the majority of their childhood. also most communist countries are the same - china and cuba among others wont let their premier athletes compete outside of their home countries for fear of defection. they are essentially their governments property

Post #8   2/13/07 12:20:14AM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Career:501-328
Chips:
was a joke guys.

china is doing really well in global athletic competitions (medal counts on the rise in the olympics)

but at the same time, competition breeds innovation and improvement. everyone thought the soviet hockey teams in the 70's were unbeatable. they werent, they were really good (and went beyond the 8 hour a day training, they were moved from their homes to a central location to eat/breathe/live together - and they still are) but they arent unbeatable - forced training cant make you love what you do. which is why small countries where certain sports are ingrained in the national psyche will still dominate a good portion of the time over strict/communist training type countries.

with 1.2 billion people and strict training methods (if thats all it took) they would be the best at everything, with that kind of pool to draw from. my point was that we know little/nothing about their mma scene (if they have one?)

i would be interested to find out. tai chi translates well to mma...........

Post #9   2/13/07 5:42:16AM   

crimethinc

MMA Regular

crimethinc Avatar

Career:81-61
Camp: Camp Baby Dumpster
Chips:
Ok first off Karate is Japanese not Chinese. I think Kung Fu would definitely be a factor in any MMA fight, look what it did for Keanu Reeves.They might have to dome the cage though because everyone knows that Chinese people can fly. I also think the future of UFC will lay on the back of the inevitable MMA forms competition so China's got a perfectly performed puncher's chance.

Post #10   2/14/07 6:01:49AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I say we leave those pinkos where they're at...we don't need their communism

Post #11   2/14/07 10:13:25AM