Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Courture: could fight Fedor in October '08

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

duggy

MMA Regular

duggy Avatar

Career:1,673-897
Chips:
He was asked at the HDnet fights tonight if it was a possibility and he said that it was, but October of next year would be the earliest.

link

Last edited 1/8/08 2:11PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   12/16/07 12:39:44AM   

Californiastrangler

Learning to Sprawl

Californiastrangler Avatar

Career:283-202
Camp: SlapYoMama Stranglers
Chips:
Who cares what might or might not happen in 10 months. A lot can and will change in the MMA landscape, Fedor could lose considering he hasn't fought any quality opponents in a few years. Randy could eventually get offered enough by the UFC to quiet his quest to determine the best heavyweight at this time. Either way by the time October roles around it probably won't happen or it won't matter.

Post #2   12/16/07 12:55:37AM   

duggy

MMA Regular

duggy Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Californiastrangler

Who cares what might or might not happen in 10 months. A lot can and will change in the MMA landscape, Fedor could lose considering he hasn't fought any quality opponents in a few years. Randy could eventually get offered enough by the UFC to quiet his quest to determine the best heavyweight at this time. Either way by the time October roles around it probably won't happen or it won't matter.

Im sure that a lot of people care what will happens in 10 months with fedor and/or randy. both of the things that you mentioned very well could happen, but im sure that by the time october rolls around, if it does happen it will matter.

Post #3   12/16/07 1:12:46AM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:

Well if that the case.... it will be _similar_ to the Silva-Liddell one, it is not the same intensity that it would've been years ago but it'll still be a huge happening.

Post #4   12/16/07 1:18:27AM   

CantAndleDaRiddum

I Got My Black Belt in MMA

CantAndleDaRiddum Avatar

Career:299-192
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

Well if that the case.... it will be _similar_ to the Silva-Liddell one, it is not the same intensity that it would've been years ago but it'll still be a huge happening.

100% agree, i belive they will fight, but have bad feelin it will be too late....i mean hell, randy's age will be a factor whether people are willing to admit it or not, and the longer he waits, the more i am willing to put money on fedor if this fight happens

Post #5   12/16/07 2:06:10AM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Another approach to your post:

"Hey thanks for the info man! "

Dont be afraid man. Theyre only manners.

Post #6   12/16/07 2:06:17AM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:

Posted by rcg916

Ha Ha that was great....

Post #7   12/16/07 2:32:16AM   

duggy

MMA Regular

duggy Avatar

Chips:

Posted by rcg916

pure gold.

i tried to give you props, but the last one i gave must've been to you rcg916, but the computer wouldnt let me. good stuff!!

Last edited 12/16/07 2:33AM server time by duggy

Post #8   12/16/07 2:33:01AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I really dont even want to see this fight anymore. I lost respect for couture, I dont believe the hype on fedor. I wanted to see this fight happen in the UFC for the title.

So I hope they both knock each other out, like the emerson vs manard fight.

Post #9   12/16/07 11:37:21AM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
even it they both still want it ufc wont let it happen, there will be a long court battle over the contract and by the time its settled couture wont be in fight shape any more.

Post #10   12/16/07 11:55:10AM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I really dont even want to see this fight anymore. I lost respect for couture, I dont believe the hype on fedor. I wanted to see this fight happen in the UFC for the title.

So I hope they both knock each other out, like the emerson vs manard fight.

Haha...you'll be the first one lined up to see this fight. I guarantee it.

Post #11   12/16/07 12:46:59PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
KNOCK HIM OUT RANDY.... use the denture cream to keep you're mouthguard in... just kidding, but no matter how old Randy gets i always going to put my money on him.. even when everything is stacked against him, Randy just has some crazy determination that when he sets his mind to do something, he does it. Its a very impressive quality to have... but on the flip side so is being Fedor so its still ppretty much a coin flip in my book, but i gotta take the natural!

Post #12   12/16/07 2:13:47PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
8 months isn't that bad. A guy his age ought to only fight once or twice a year anyway. He really only probably has a few fights left in him so it only makes sense to fight MEGA fights. October works. Fedor will build his rep in the US with more action, then in October all of us will watch a massive fight. Beers for everyone, carne asada on the grill and Randy punching Fedor in the face in HD. It's gonna be awesome guys. Awesome.

Did I say eight months? I meant 10. 10 isn't bad. He' knows how to fight. He'll doa 2 month camp and it'll be fight time.

Last edited 12/16/07 9:53PM server time by EliasG

Post #13   12/16/07 9:52:51PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I'm just wondering one thing....how pissed is Dana?

Post #14   12/16/07 10:23:36PM   

Bemin

Touch gloves, and good fight!

Bemin Avatar

Career:140-118
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

I'm just wondering one thing....how pissed is Dana?

Now that's an interesting question, especially IF it indeed looks like this fight will be put on by M-1 in Oct. Will Dana and Zuffa bow to having a shared event in order to be a part of the huge PPV sales that this fight would bring, or will they simply stand firm and let M-1 have its moment in the sun, waiting for what I think they believe is the inevitable, M-1's hemoraging of money and its collapse.

Personally I think they will choose the latter, it has worked well for them in the past and they have always been confident to the point of arrogant. What they have to watch out for though is with the explosive growth of MMA in the last few years a superfight between these two could truly awaken the casual US fan to the fact that there is in fact great MMA outside of the UFC.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Post #15   12/17/07 12:00:28AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2