Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Best unorthodox mma move used

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

crimethinc

MMA Regular

crimethinc Avatar

Career:81-61
Camp: Camp Baby Dumpster
Chips:
The superman punch. Followed immediately by the Incredible Hulk punch, the Spider-Man punch, and the batman punch.

You may notice that only the Marvel names have been capitalized. That's not a typo seeing as how those are the only names worthy of capitalization.

WHAT NOW DC!!!!!!!!!!

Post #16   2/14/07 6:09:08AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Snacks

I really wish i could give .. un-props.. to everyone whos saying Genki Sudo.

Yeah, because anyone that makes it into ADCC, and armbars Nate Marquardt is clearly a joke.

Totally, I mean, bringing up fights that happened years ago is really relevant. I mean, nevermind that all Genki sudo does now is dance around and beat up 143ers while avoiding all meaningful competition.

BTW, Trigg, Abe, Williams, and M. Yano have gotten into the ADCC, so it's not really an accomplishment if you don't win.

Edit: It's funny you bring up Marquadt, yet leave out the fact that Kunioku poaned him.

I think any fight is relevent in this thread... It's just asking about unorthodox moves... So i guess it doesn't matter if it's last week or a few years ago, or decades ago...

I think the guy can throw up a triangle choke like no one's business, even if you don't like him.

Post #17   2/14/07 1:29:23PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I disagree. Genki Sudo has that shit down pat. He hit Kid Yamamoto with it well over six times during one fight.

But Shonie KO'd Serra with it.
Yamamoto beat Sudo.
Therefore i think Shonie is betta at it. Plus Shonie did the little dance afterwards.

Post #18   2/14/07 2:00:15PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Snacks

Yeah, because anyone that makes it into ADCC, and armbars Nate Marquardt is clearly a joke.

Totally, I mean, bringing up fights that happened years ago is really relevant. I mean, nevermind that all Genki sudo does now is dance around and beat up 143ers while avoiding all meaningful competition.

BTW, Trigg, Abe, Williams, and M. Yano have gotten into the ADCC, so it's not really an accomplishment if you don't win.

Edit: It's funny you bring up Marquadt, yet leave out the fact that Kunioku poaned him.

Whether you like him or not, hes had some great fights, impressive wins, and certainly belongs in a thread about unorthodox moves. This isn't a thread about fighters you don't care for, so go grind your axe somewhere else.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #19   2/14/07 7:21:50PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Svartorm

I disagree. Genki Sudo has that shit down pat. He hit Kid Yamamoto with it well over six times during one fight.

But Shonie KO'd Serra with it.
Yamamoto beat Sudo.
Therefore i think Shonie is betta at it. Plus Shonie did the little dance afterwards.

Larry Landless Ko'd someone with a spinning backfist in KOTC, but hes hardly better at it than Sudo. All depends on who you're hitting with it. I just found it great that Sudo landed more spinning backfists in one fight than I've seen landed in MMA history.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #20   2/14/07 7:25:38PM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Career:25-13
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Snacks

I think any fight is relevent in this thread... It's just asking about unorthodox moves... So i guess it doesn't matter if it's last week or a few years ago, or decades ago...

I think the guy can throw up a triangle choke like no one's business, even if you don't like him.

What? How is it unorthodox if it's a common move/techinque. Throwing up a triangle = odd in MMA? When did that happen?

And he didn't refer to the fights at unorthodox, he referred to Genki Sudo as "No Joke" which is funny, because all Sudo has been in MMA is a joke for the better part of this decade.

Post #21   2/14/07 8:09:20PM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Snacks

Whether you like him or not, hes had some great fights, impressive wins, and certainly belongs in a thread about unorthodox moves. This isn't a thread about fighters you don't care for, so go grind your axe somewhere else.

Impressive wins? Name 3.

Post #22   2/14/07 8:10:20PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Royler, Butterbean and Ramon Dekkers.

Royler for dropping one of the upper tier Gracies, Butterbean for fighting a bear of a man who outweighed him by 250lbs, and Ramon Dekkers for fighting arguably the most dangerous kickboxer of all time.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #23   2/14/07 8:16:17PM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Royler, Butterbean and Ramon Dekkers.

Royler for dropping one of the upper tier Gracies, Butterbean for fighting a bear of a man who outweighed him by 250lbs, and Ramon Dekkers for fighting arguably the most dangerous kickboxer of all time.

LOL.

Oh my god. Truely, you have epitomized what Genki Sudo in MMA is all about.

Post #24   2/14/07 8:22:02PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Truely.....

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #25   2/14/07 9:59:31PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Snacks

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Snacks

What? How is it unorthodox if it's a common move/techinque. Throwing up a triangle = odd in MMA? When did that happen?

And he didn't refer to the fights at unorthodox, he referred to Genki Sudo as "No Joke" which is funny, because all Sudo has been in MMA is a joke for the better part of this decade.

No a triangle is not an unorthodox move, the way sudo has caught people with them were... Not many people throw up a triangle when both fighters are standing, or... Well just watch some Sudo highlights and you might see what I'm talking about.

For example; a heel hook is not unorthodox, but Chonan's 'flying' heel hook on A.Silva might be considered unorthodox

Post #26   2/15/07 1:00:04AM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Snacks

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Snacks

No a triangle is not an unorthodox move, the way sudo has caught people with them were... Not many people throw up a triangle when both fighters are standing, or... Well just watch some Sudo highlights and you might see what I'm talking about.

For example; a heel hook is not unorthodox, but Chonan's 'flying' heel hook on A.Silva might be considered unorthodox

I can watch a highlight of James Thompson, doesn't make them a good fighter. And it's pretty easy to do flying triangles when you're cutting to make 155, and your opponents are gaining weight to make 155. And anyway, if we're talking about a good Submission artist with "unorthodox" submission vitories then the lack of consideration for Shinya Aoki is beyond horrific.

Also, show me 1 fight where Sudo lands a flying anything and finishes the fight with it, in MMA.

Post #27   2/15/07 4:35:40AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Snacks

I can watch a highlight of James Thompson, doesn't make them a good fighter. And it's pretty easy to do flying triangles when you're cutting to make 155, and your opponents are gaining weight to make 155. And anyway, if we're talking about a good Submission artist with "unorthodox" submission vitories then the lack of consideration for Shinya Aoki is beyond horrific.

Also, show me 1 fight where Sudo lands a flying anything and finishes the fight with it, in MMA.

I don't think it's easy to do flying triagles weather you are cutting weight or not, that's probably why we don't see them too often (which also = unorthadox)...

Genki has fought his fair share of guys bigger than him, so I don't mind seeing him cut weight to fight, any other fighter has the same option.

I will completely agree that Aoki is one of the most impressive sub artists around though.

Post #28   2/15/07 11:38:53AM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
Foot stomps.

Break all the small bones in his feet, and see how fast he'll want to TRY and take you down so he can lay on you.

Post #29   2/15/07 11:53:45AM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
Shonie Carter's spinning backfist or Chonan's flying scissors heel hook for me.

Post #30   2/15/07 3:59:47PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3