Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 82: Evan Tanner to fight in Columbus, Ohio

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

babalu2720

In Full Mount

babalu2720 Avatar

Career:1,245-647
Chips:
MMAmania.com (www.mmamania.com) recently learned that former middleweight champion Evan Tanner (32-6) will return to the Octagon at UFC 82 in Columbus, Ohio, at the Nationwide Arena on March 2.

No opponent has been named.

Tanner — who will be 37 years old on fight night — has not competed since a submission win (triangle choke) over Justin Levens at UFC 59: “Reality Check” in April 2006. He recently signed a four-fight contract extension to return to action and provide some much-needed depth and experience to a relatively talent-shallow 185-pound division.

http://mmamania.com/2007/12/15/ufc-82-evan-tanner-to-fight-in-columbus-ohio-exclusive/

Last edited 1/8/08 2:16PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   12/15/07 1:45:54PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
excited to see tanner fight again, him and bisping bring a much needed boost to the middleweight divison. i really hope tanner can regain old form because he was one of the toughest guys out there and a very easy guy to root for.

Post #2   12/15/07 1:49:19PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
If both come in at peak condition it should be a war.

If he's fighting Bisping.

Last edited 12/15/07 2:31PM server time by TImW001

Post #3   12/15/07 1:51:24PM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
I am going to try like hell to make it to this card in March. It looks as of now that the middleweights will be on showcase that night. There is a probably MW title fight between Silva and Hendo, and now we have Tanner on the card. This is also probably about the time that Bisping will make his debut at MW. It should be a good card.

Post #4   12/15/07 1:56:31PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,487-1,427
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
FINALLY, im a huge tanner fan, and i cant wait to see where hes at physically and mentally with all the problems hes had.

Post #5   12/15/07 2:16:59PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I've never been a big fan of his, but I'm glad to see he's staightening his life out to rejoin his career. He's good and has a lot of exp. Those are two things MW is lackin right now. He can prob'ly beat everyone out side of AS Rich and Bisping, and I'm not saying he can't beat them they're just the bigger maybes. I think him and Okami would be a great first fight, but he may get a warmup.

Post #6   12/15/07 2:49:48PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Cool. I've always liked Evan. He's the "blue collar" fighter. You better bring you lunch pail if you're fighting him

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #7   12/15/07 3:22:57PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

I've never been a big fan of his, but I'm glad to see he's staightening his life out to rejoin his career. He's good and has a lot of exp. Those are two things MW is lackin right now. He can prob'ly beat everyone out side of AS Rich and Bisping, and I'm not saying he can't beat them they're just the bigger maybes. I think him and Okami would be a great first fight, but he may get a warmup.

How do you figure that he can't beat Bisbing? Bisbing is a joke, there is nothing about the guy that stands out. Tanner would finish him in under around. Although I do agree Silva and Franklin would be pushing it.

Post #8   12/15/07 4:01:02PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Jason Macdonald for the opponent

Post #9   12/15/07 8:57:19PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by JimiMak

How do you figure that he can't beat Bisbing? Bisbing is a joke, there is nothing about the guy that stands out. Tanner would finish him in under around. Although I do agree Silva and Franklin would be pushing it.

I think you're takin two things for granted that may or may not be true

1)That he won't have lost a beat w/ all the stuff he's had goin on
2)Bisping won't be any better at MW than LHW

You could be right, I think it'll take him a bit to get back in top form.

Post #10   12/16/07 11:07:06AM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,261-841
Chips:

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by JimiMak

Bisping is a joke? He has one loss on his record and he's a joke?

Get a grip man.

Post #11   12/16/07 11:21:03AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
glad to see him back, hope he has success in the ufc,

Post #12   12/16/07 5:58:30PM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
Funny. There is a lot of talent at the 185 weight division...but not all of them fight in the UFC.

Post #13   12/16/07 9:50:08PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by moob

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by JimiMak

Get a grip man.

Jason Reinhardt has 1 loss and is a joke, tho like Bisping he fought foolishly in a higher weight division and would do much better and be perceived better in his true weight class

But Bisping still is a very average fighter and would be destroyed by Tanner! God i cant take seeing Brits defending and talking up Bisping, just let it go and get behind someone with true potential like JT or Semtex!

Post #14   12/17/07 8:11:28AM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,261-841
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by moob

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by JimiMak

Get a grip man.

Jason Reinhardt has 1 loss and is a joke, tho like Bisping he fought foolishly in a higher weight division and would do much better and be perceived better in his true weight class

But Bisping still is a very average fighter and would be destroyed by Tanner! God i cant take seeing Brits defending and talking up Bisping, just let it go and get behind someone with true potential like JT or Semtex!

You seriously reckon that Tanner who hasn't fought in years, and 'issues' of late (no harm to the guy, I like him) would destroy Bisping?

Oh and, a lot of Brits do support Bisping, imagine that with him being one of the only decent fighters from the UK with good exposure, almost as much as the US fans dislike him, looks like that's another bandwagon you've jumped on 'dude'.

Couple that with the rest of your rant, it appears you need to lay off the weed Cornish.

Edit: James Thompson, this guy with the potential you've commended, unless of course you're being sarcastic - his last 10 fights records makes some pretty funny reading:

Notable wins: Don Frye (I mean, that guy was a hero, but he's 42 now - 42!)

Notable losses: Butterbean (I mean FFS) 10 sec KO.

Last edited 12/17/07 8:55AM server time by moob

Post #15   12/17/07 8:29:56AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2