Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

OFFICAL Pride vs UFC thread

Print  
  Page 8 of 18   <<   5     6     7     8     9     10     11   >>
Posted By Message

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by BIGKAT

Posted by Drewsiph

Posted by tepid55

Pride has the better fighters overall.

Nick Diaz... a UFC reject just came in and owned Prides champ....

So did Trigg, but not in ownage....

UFC is getting more Pride fighters everday...

So as much as that might have been true, it isn't or won't be for long.

I definitely agree....

Pride fighters fight there because they aren't good enough to fight in the UFC...

Just ask Randleman, Maurice Smith, Phil baroni, Gomi...lol

what? both of you just said ufc is better than pride. so why did you(tepid55) say the ufc is getting more pride fighters every day and why did you(BIGKAT) say you definitely agree. you guys need to think about what you say. if you say pride doesnt have good fighters then why is dana doing everything he can to get them to sign with ufc.

Post #106   4/11/07 11:17:50PM   

okayraf

Learning to Sprawl

okayraf Avatar

Career:45-41
Camp: DQEvolution
Chips:
Its really difficult to distinguish which organization is better, Pride or UFC.
They are (were?) both two separate entities. It's had to compare them both as they each have their pros and cons.

Personally i like Pride better, but what it really comes down to is all a matter of opinion. Different people like different things so what may appeal to some fans may turn off other fans. To argue that the cage is better than the ring is completly pointless. The fighters know before hand where they will be fighting, and they should adapt their fight strategies accordingly. As for the whole knees, elbows, stomps, soccer kicks argument; in my opinion, they should all be allowed. Thats all i will say about that.

Possibly the one Pride vs UFC argment that can be resolved would be which organization has the better fighers.
Since the Fertitas brothers aquired Pride, there has been talk of UFC vs. Pride shows once a year. If they were to do the champions of Pride vs the Champions of UFC (what an awesome show that woudl be, I doubt that would ever happen in one event), we would know for sure which organization has the better champions (maybe not necessarily the best fighters, but doesnt the belt holder represent the best his organization has to offer at that particular class? Wouldn't that in turn reflect the caliber of the other fighters in that division. )

with all that being said...

UFC are teh suck

Post #107   4/12/07 11:46:10AM   

Orlandi0053

Learning to Sprawl

Orlandi0053 Avatar

Career:52-35
Camp: Pennsylvania Posse
Chips:
Does any one feel that they may change the rules of pride or vise versa of ufc becuase of new ownership?

Post #108   4/13/07 12:45:33AM   

JunCTion

JunCTion Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Orlandi0053

Does any one feel that they may change the rules of pride or vise versa of ufc becuase of new ownership?

they already have said pride will take on ufc rules. its in a couple other posts about the merger.

i see you are new. welcome

Post #109   4/13/07 1:37:38AM   

Orlandi0053

Learning to Sprawl

Orlandi0053 Avatar

Career:52-35
Camp: Pennsylvania Posse
Chips:
yeh sorry lol im new to this stuff haha but i dont know if i like that becuase u cant strike the head with a kick when a person is grounded in ufc same if you want to knee someone so you dont think they will mix both?

Post #110   4/13/07 12:16:55PM   

JunCTion

JunCTion Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Orlandi0053

yeh sorry lol im new to this stuff haha but i dont know if i like that becuase u cant strike the head with a kick when a person is grounded in ufc same if you want to knee someone so you dont think they will mix both?

never in the USA

check out the UFC / PRIDE forum thread knees to the head of a downed opponent

Post #111   4/13/07 1:00:14PM   

IceMan23

Learning to Sprawl

IceMan23 Avatar

Career:373-222
Camp: Camp Clarion
Chips:
Hopefully they will start integrating fighters from both organizations back and forth just like they did with Monson vs. Fujita. That will make for exciting fights in both the UFC and PRIDE.

Post #112   4/13/07 6:53:34PM   

EyedZero

Learning to Sprawl

EyedZero Avatar

Career:42-54
Chips:
I watched UFC 1 and was a fan instantly, I remained loyal until Pride FC began the great spectacul that it is today...I love how Pride always brings the fighters out to introduce them to the crowd...Trophies at the end of each match...And the most important factors, the fighters and rules...UFC was brutal, but Pride FC was beautiful...Now it doesnt matter...Pride will never be the same, and UFC wil slowly climb above...I know the rules are going to change as well as fighters contracts as to where they will be...But MMA is a relatively young sport that is in a transitionLets hope it doesnt stray too far off this beaten trail

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #113   4/14/07 5:26:37PM   

MethodMan

MMA Regular

MethodMan Avatar

Career:58-26
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
Also while it is true that UFC is the bigest MMA org in USA and pulls in the best fighters from across the country. With Pride's close proximity to K1 they can get some of the best strikers from around the world for example Mirko or Hunt, they obviously have the pick of the best submission wrestlers and fighters from across japan, also the BJJ and MMA teams from Brasil seem to favour pride becasuse elbows on the ground increase the odds of the fight being stoped due to a cut especially when the other person is on top and you are fighting from the guard. The danger with a change or rules and also difference in management is that they may lose the co-operation of K1, and K1 may improve its portion of the MMA market in Japan (they have the cash, the fighters and the fans already) Brasilian Teams will go to K1 or other orgs that do not use the elbows, leaving only a small percentage of foreign fighters and some homegrown talent, in fact when the take over is all done the traffic may be in a different direction than most expect with B class fighters for US based orgs shiped off to cut their teeth in japan before being given a shot in the UFC.

Post #114   4/16/07 4:50:28AM   

crunch57

Learning to Sprawl

crunch57 Avatar

Career:1,574-963
Camp: Surrey Top Team
Chips:
both organizations have good and not so good fighters. the merge is great for the fans but not good for the fighters from a money point of view. look for someone with $ (bodog???) to step in and start paying the fighters what they are worth.

Post #115   4/16/07 9:40:07PM   

nellyhiphophead

In Full Mount

nellyhiphophead Avatar

Career:917-475
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
they are soon to be like one in no time

Post #116   4/17/07 12:48:20AM   

Fanboy 1988

Standup Guy

Fanboy 1988  Avatar

Career:68-49
Chips:
I wonder how Fedor would do considering Cop Cop's lost already?

Last edited 4/26/07 12:07AM server time by Fanboy 1988
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #117   4/26/07 12:07:19AM   

MethodMan

MMA Regular

MethodMan Avatar

Career:58-26
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
Cro-cops been beat before remember Randleman he knocked cro-cop out and in the next fight Cro-cop finished him by guiloteen choke, I reckon for the next rematch Cro-cop wins by triangle .

Post #118   4/27/07 7:46:10AM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:
EVERYONE.... I HAVE AN ANNOUCEMENT TO MAKE.....

UFC IS THE BEST, FACE IT!!!

Post #119   5/7/07 8:03:44PM   

JunCTion

JunCTion Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

EVERYONE.... I HAVE AN ANNOUCEMENT TO MAKE.....

UFC IS THE BEST, FACE IT!!!

well now it is obviously. but the first ten years of pride was beter than anything the UFC has done. especially bas & quadros and the overall event excitement (fans, entrances, personallities, etc.

Post #120   5/7/07 8:47:29PM   

Page 8 of 18   <<   5     6     7     8     9     10     11   >>