Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

OFFICAL Pride vs UFC thread

Print  
  Page 7 of 18   <<   4     5     6     7     8     9     10   >>
Posted By Message

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

I hate pride compare to UFC. UFC has so much more talent. Pride's fights are boring to me and u no who the winner is right when the step in the ring, and a ring? come on, try a CAGE, the octagon!!! I also hate pride's time limts, 10 mins, 5 mins, 5 mins. And the rules are dumb too! u cant use ur elbow on the ground BUT,,,, u can head stomp someone!?! The manager of pride don't care about his fighters! its dumb! i love UFC. THEE FASTEST GROWING SPORT!

No elbows is a good rule because of no stoppages due to cuts. IFL uses that rule also. As for PRIDE being boring...wow

Post #91   3/16/07 7:07:06PM   

ryderstrong69

MMA Regular

ryderstrong69 Avatar

Career:441-287
Camp: Cat's Den
Chips:
i like both aand have watch both from there start

Post #92   3/17/07 11:12:17PM   

Someguy

Learning to Sprawl

Someguy Avatar

Career:129-92
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

I hate pride compare to UFC. UFC has so much more talent. Pride's fights are boring to me and u no who the winner is right when the step in the ring, and a ring? come on, try a CAGE, the octagon!!! I also hate pride's time limts, 10 mins, 5 mins, 5 mins. And the rules are dumb too! u cant use ur elbow on the ground BUT,,,, u can head stomp someone!?! The manager of pride don't care about his fighters! its dumb! i love UFC. THEE FASTEST GROWING SPORT!

No elbows is a good rule because of no stoppages due to cuts. IFL uses that rule also. As for PRIDE being boring...wow

Honestly you just have to ignore these ones, I can understand the confusion thinking elbows should be allowed, but all that other stuff was

Last edited 3/18/07 10:40PM server time by Someguy
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #93   3/18/07 10:40:18PM   

Whiskey

Learning to Sprawl

Career:260-197
Camp: London ShootFighters
Chips:
It's all MMA in the end full stop. UFC fighters have fought in Pride and Pride fc fighters have fought in UFC, its the same sport.
In my eyes some one who really loves the sport would be interested in both.
It's arguing over whats better chocolate or vanilla ice cream. You may have your personal preference but at the end of the day, its all ice cream

Post #94   3/19/07 2:22:23AM   

shogunassassin

Learning to Sprawl

shogunassassin Avatar

Career:279-194
Camp: pandorasbox
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Absolutely.
And the ring is so much better than the cage.
How often do you see fighters pressed up against a cage and not doing anything. Cages also make it easier to get people down.
This is why the standup game comes alive in pride.

Post #95   3/19/07 6:30:35AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
no elbows sucks.... it hurts every competitor.. you cant GnP ppl as well. you cant protect yourself in the clinch as well. it sucks that it cuts ppl so easily but it definitely adds to the competition in every style of fighting

Post #96   3/22/07 12:58:12AM   

BIGKAT

Banned

Career:267-177
Chips:
Like Whiskey said:

At the end of the day, its all ice cream

Last edited 3/24/07 7:11PM server time by bigkat

Post #97   3/24/07 7:10:25PM   

MethodMan

MMA Regular

MethodMan Avatar

Career:58-26
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
To Make MMA a mainstream sport we will eventually have to lose both elbows and kicks and stomps to the head of a grounded opponent. However there are currently a number of competitiors who train extensivly to fight using these wepons. I would hope that smaller organisations will maintain these more extreme but equaly relevent aspects of fighting, but I bet in 10 years time the major organisations will have got rid of both.

Post #98   3/27/07 6:04:14AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by MethodMan

To Make MMA a mainstream sport we will eventually have to lose both elbows and kicks and stomps to the head of a grounded opponent. However there are currently a number of competitiors who train extensivly to fight using these wepons. I would hope that smaller organisations will maintain these more extreme but equaly relevent aspects of fighting, but I bet in 10 years time the major organisations will have got rid of both.

UFC will never get rid of elbows. the fans love the blood. UFC isnt trying to become mainstream at all....theyre trying to build a huge fanbase but they just arent trying for mainstream just yet.

Post #99   3/27/07 3:53:41PM   

AdamG

Learning to Sprawl

AdamG Avatar

Career:601-428
Camp: SF Fight Fans
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

...UFC Commentators > Pride Commentators

Pride had the greatest MMA commentator in Renallo before they let him take off to Showtime. Name one commentator who is more knowledgable and more studied on the fighters in an event.

Post #100   4/5/07 7:05:59PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by AdamG

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

...UFC Commentators > Pride Commentators

Pride had the greatest MMA commentator in Renallo before they let him take off to Showtime. Name one commentator who is more knowledgable and more studied on the fighters in an event.

His old partner Bas

I agree Renallo was the best... Fuc*in Gary Millen

Post #101   4/8/07 2:56:24AM   

Buddharox

MMA Regular

Buddharox Avatar

Career:207-123
Chips:
Renallo's voice is sexy.

Post #102   4/8/07 4:48:59AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
JOE ROGAN! RAWR!

Post #103   4/9/07 4:49:34PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

first of all who is this guy. you need to think before you type.
1 more talent.
2 boring fights.
3 sakakibara doesnt care about his fighters.
4 ufc the fastest growing sport.

1 all fighters are talented in different ways and they all fight in several orgs in their career so why would you associate a specific fighter with a specific org
2 wandys boring, sakurabas boring, renzos boring, newtons boring, hendersons boring, fryes boring, anyone else want to add to the list.
3 saka cares about the fighters and the fans and wanted to give them the best competition possible its just in the past year that ufc started making so much money that it could pay the big bucks ans steel fighters away from pride.
4 MMA is the fastest growing sport. the ufc is not a sport its an organization.

second. you can get cut from a fist, a high kick. a flying knee, shaving and a number of other things. should they take those out too?.personally id rather get a crazy cut across the forhead get blood in my eyes and have big john stop the fight then to be pounded into submission get a broken jaw, a broken eye socket or get my labrium torn or my arm broken (silvia) from an arm bar or have my thigh get kicked 30 times and not be able to walk for weeks.
my point - nobody ever died from an elbow or a knee or even a stomp (i dont like those).
a kickboxer needs his knees at all times. a MT guy needs his elbows at all times.
a sub. guy gets to use all his skills. a wrestler gets to use all his skills. the wimpy guy that holds on to you for dear life cause he doesnt want to get elbowed or kneed in the head needs his lack of skills

Last edited 4/10/07 1:30AM server time by JunCTion

Post #104   4/10/07 1:29:09AM   

BIGKAT

Banned

Career:267-177
Chips:

Posted by Drewsiph

Posted by tepid55

Pride has the better fighters overall.

Nick Diaz... a UFC reject just came in and owned Prides champ....

So did Trigg, but not in ownage....

UFC is getting more Pride fighters everday...

So as much as that might have been true, it isn't or won't be for long.

I definitely agree....

Pride fighters fight there because they aren't good enough to fight in the UFC...

Just ask Randleman, Maurice Smith, Phil baroni, Gomi...lol

Post #105   4/11/07 6:27:16PM   

Page 7 of 18   <<   4     5     6     7     8     9     10   >>