Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

OFFICAL Pride vs UFC thread

Print  
  Page 18 of 18   <<   15     16     17     18  
Posted By Message

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by PrideFCfan

Why can't people realize its an objective thing.

You mean subjective thing.

Post #256   6/3/10 12:36:15AM   

Aminal

Learning to Sprawl

Aminal Avatar

Career:33-24
Chips:
I miss Pride. It wasn't just the soccer kicks, head stomps, crazy screaming lady, the awesome introductions, the epic staredowns, takase banging on the gong in a diaper, the BTT/Chute Box rivalry, the Yakuza or even the Grand Prixes.

It was what was MMA was always supposed to be and can be once more.

Post #257   10/15/10 1:03:18AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
C'mon, you and me both know it was the crazy screaming lady.

Post #258   10/15/10 8:52:16AM   

DutchRebelP

BANNED

DutchRebelP Avatar

Career:951-835
Chips:
you lost for even comparing ufc crap to PRIDE FC!!!
i rather watch some old PRIDE then new boring crap ufc crap

Post #259   12/30/10 7:39:23AM   

DARRYL_Ledonne

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
I'll say both.

Ufc is the most dominated...
But pride is good too.

PRIDE better organization
UFC has fighters.

Both Pride & UFC
They are good........!!!

Post #260   1/3/11 1:53:06AM   

mmaisthehit

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
PRIDE ruled and was much better, but it's gone now so comparing the two now is pointless in my opinion.

Post #261   4/20/11 12:19:24PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:
One of the best thing about Pride was they put on fights for the fans. It did not matter if one fighter has not earned it; all that matters was if the fans asked for it or if the fighters wanted to go at it.

The UFC and many other organizations should adopt Pride rules for judging a fight. There are many flaws in the 10 point must system which are evident in many ufc fights which have resulted in controversial outcomes.

Another thing is the issuing of yellow and red cards: This does not necessarily ensure a good fight, but what it does do is it will prompt the fighters to engage more and not just shadow box to earn a pay check.

Furthermore, I like the 10 minute first round which is a true test of a fighter's abilities. In a real fight, one does not have the luxury to take a time out or a breather in between exchanges. The 10 minute first round allows for better opportunity for a fight to be finished. There have been many times where fighters have been saved by the bell in which I do not like at all.

The only two things I dislike about Pride was the fact it was fought in a ring and the restart. The restarts tend to make fighters lose momentum.

Other than that, Pride was an awesome organization.

Post #262   5/18/11 2:18:05AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,387-1,222
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

I like the 10 minute first round which is a true test of a fighter's abilities. In a real fight, one does not have the luxury to take a time out or a breather in between exchanges. The 10 minute first round allows for better opportunity for a fight to be finished. There have been many times where fighters have been saved by the bell in which I do not like at all.

Not that this will ever be responded to since no one looks in this thread but 10 minute first rounds with elbows allowed would give us so many cut stoppages. If the UFC adopted 10 minute firsts you'd see so many fighters just trying to slice the other open with elbows knowing their cutman can't work on it for another 8-9 minutes. That'd frustrate me a whole lot more than fighters getting saved by the bell at the 5 minute mark.

Last edited 10/30/11 5:15AM server time by Kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #263   10/30/11 5:15:10AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,830-1,011
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Knees would then overtake elbows on the ground. And all would be perfect.

Post #264   11/3/11 2:54:30AM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-341
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by KungFuMaster

I like the 10 minute first round which is a true test of a fighter's abilities. In a real fight, one does not have the luxury to take a time out or a breather in between exchanges. The 10 minute first round allows for better opportunity for a fight to be finished. There have been many times where fighters have been saved by the bell in which I do not like at all.

Not that this will ever be responded to since no one looks in this thread but 10 minute first rounds with elbows allowed would give us so many cut stoppages. If the UFC adopted 10 minute firsts you'd see so many fighters just trying to slice the other open with elbows knowing their cutman can't work on it for another 8-9 minutes. That'd frustrate me a whole lot more than fighters getting saved by the bell at the 5 minute mark.

The referee is trained to look at the fighter's injury ( in this case, cut ) and when he deems it necessary to be checked by a doctor, he can call a halt to the match and have it looked at.

I don't think the issue of cuts will be a huge problem. It will happen but it can be dealt with - and I would also offer that the fight doctor be able to administer a quick treatment by applying some lotion or whatever it is they use.

Cuts are always going to happen in mma. Whether it happens in the first round of a 10 minute round or in the first round of a 5 minute round, the cut will become a potential factor for stoppage no matter how you see it. It only takes a little brushing of the injured tissue to cause the cut to open up and bleed again after the cut-man has worked on it.

Post #265   11/5/11 1:52:02AM   

Krazypoison

Learning to Sprawl

Krazypoison Avatar

Career:1,193-664
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by mmaisthehit

PRIDE ruled and was much better, but it's gone now so comparing the two now is pointless in my opinion.

Post #266   11/15/11 7:58:44AM   

TheBlackChip

MMA Regular

TheBlackChip Avatar

Career:775-367
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
I think it's officially OK to un-sticky this thread. Just sayin' NOGAS (No One Gives A ****)

Last edited 12/29/11 1:07AM server time by TheBlackChip
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #267   12/29/11 1:07:16AM   

Page 18 of 18   <<   15     16     17     18