Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

OFFICAL Pride vs UFC thread

Print  
  Page 17 of 18   <<   14     15     16     17     18  
Posted By Message

soundboy1

Standup Guy

soundboy1 Avatar

Career:521-395
Chips:

Posted by madchaodizzys

Debating UFC vs. Pride is like arguing American league vs National league. IT'S THE SAME SPORT!! Yes, there are differences, but they are two sides of the same coin. Let the fighters fight, let the fans enjoy.

But its obvious they were at least equal. I mean how many marquee matchups were there in the last year that did not include former pride fighters. My nuthugging for pride comes from the fact of watching it on FSN. I feel like that show was written for new fans to the sport.

Post #241   8/7/08 8:33:05PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,496-1,495
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
one of the reason why i watch Pride more was because they had the GP..man i f*ckin miss watchin those...

Post #242   9/22/08 12:19:05PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
It seemed like UFC and PRIDE FC unifying would have been the best thing ever at the time but now looking back I miss having two opposing organizations, 2 different sets of rules, and 2 unique environments. It was like Fire and Ice. 2 completely different organizations striving to become the best in the business and now the UFC is top of the food chain and know it. They can run their organization however they want and do things the fans dont necessarily wnat them to do, because now there is no one to steal the show from them.

Post #243   9/22/08 5:02:26PM   

higdon10

MMA Sensei

higdon10 Avatar

Career:517-342
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

It seemed like UFC and PRIDE FC unifying would have been the best thing ever at the time but now looking back I miss having two opposing organizations, 2 different sets of rules, and 2 unique environments. It was like Fire and Ice. 2 completely different organizations striving to become the best in the business and now the UFC is top of the food chain and know it. They can run their organization however they want and do things the fans dont necessarily wnat them to do, because now there is no one to steal the show from them.

I couldnt agree more..

Post #244   10/29/08 7:56:27PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Awsome post, there is no one to challenge them and they can do whatever they want. Including crappy title matches

Post #245   10/29/08 8:08:26PM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,559-801
Chips:
I always loved both equaly both have pros and cons but why do people always feel they need to take a side i love MMA so i like both pride and ufc they were like my children no need to favouratise

Post #246   11/2/08 6:17:29PM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Career:407-229
Chips:

Posted by mentalcase

I always loved both equaly both have pros and cons but why do people always feel they need to take a side i love MMA so i like both pride and ufc they were like my children no need to favouratise

Favouratise? What... are you George W. Bush?

Post #247   11/3/08 12:06:40PM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,559-801
Chips:

Posted by gsquat

Posted by mentalcase

Favouratise? What... are you George W. Bush?

what i cant spell, so what english wasnt my first language u know what i meant

Post #248   11/3/08 3:25:15PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,550-909
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
PRIDE will probably always be my favirote ORG.
The way they set everything up was amazing,and i still believe to this day they had the most exciting,and most significant fights for the sport of MMA.

Post #249   11/26/08 5:24:24PM   

soundboy1

Standup Guy

soundboy1 Avatar

Career:521-395
Chips:
I just hope that someone is able to start a decent organization that respects the fighters. Affliction is a good start but they need more weight classes.

Post #250   11/27/08 11:07:54AM   

djCre8iveStyles

Learning to Sprawl

Career:13-10
Chips:
I miss Pride.. UFC puts 1-3 good name fights per card.. then the rest they fill up with no namers that they only have to pay a few grand too... it really sucks!

Post #251   12/13/08 3:36:16AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by djCre8iveStyles

I miss Pride.. UFC puts 1-3 good name fights per card.. then the rest they fill up with no namers that they only have to pay a few grand too... it really sucks!

I really don't see your logic, are you a new fan of mma? They usually have at least one title fight a card, and a televised undercard that almost always has at least one big bout. If you are a fan of the UFC then you'd recognize that they have more big names fighting at any one time than anywhere else.

Post #252   12/17/08 6:20:51PM   

BigEvil

Standup Guy

BigEvil Avatar

Career:342-204
Camp: SC MMA
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by djCre8iveStyles

I really don't see your logic, are you a new fan of mma? They usually have at least one title fight a card, and a televised undercard that almost always has at least one big bout. If you are a fan of the UFC then you'd recognize that they have more big names fighting at any one time than anywhere else.

Fo sho!

Post #253   12/18/08 3:38:35PM   

MMAui

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by BabbyHughes

I love both. There are things about Pride I dont like and things about the UFC I dont like.

Pros

Pride: Many very competitive matches, fighters I know of on every fight card just about, expensive fighter entrances , some very entertaining fighters (Fedor, Wandy, Shogun, the Nogs, Gomi, etc), 1st round is 10 min, strong HW and LHW divisions, and a very respectful audience.

UFC: Great announcers, awesome Gladiator style entrances (crowd surrounding the fighters cheering), the Octagon, energetic crowd, great promoting of matches and fighter information (interviews mostly), some competitive matches, good referees (except Yamasaki), strong WW and LHW division.

Cons

Pride: the female entrance announcer's voice scares me, the announcers need improvement, the ring, the referees seem biased, not enough title bouts, some really one sided match ups (Fedor vs. Zulu), past events weren't live for US television.

UFC: often too many no name fighters fighting instead of well known fighters on every card (there are enough great fighters under UFC contract, to have great matches every UFC), weak HW divison prior to Cro Cop, inapropriate booing from crowd happens often.

And that's about all that comes to mind, at this moment...

@your cons for the UFC. The part where it says that there are enough great/good fighters to fight EVERY card. I thought the same thing at one point, but I used wikipedia to search up a fight card that UFC had, and I read all the injury reports. There was so many fighters that were injured and had to sit out like two fight cards to heal / get in a fight it was unreal. So you have to consider the training they do and the injuries they get while training.

I'm a newbie in MMA, I train at TapouT. I don't have my technique down for my kicks yet, and I kicked somebody while sparring now I have this weird pain in my achilles tendant, I think it's called. This already has me missing a week of training. I'm saying this, to compare it to the injuries they might have, and the length it will prevent them from fighting.

Post #254   4/9/10 3:30:43AM   

PrideFCfan

Learning to Sprawl

Career:566-427
Camp: MMAHQ
Chips:
I think its safe to say its obvious which org. I'm a fan off. However while I PREFER Pride to the UFC the blind fan boys make me mad. Pride is better cause of *Insert cliche about Pride* UFC blows cause *Random Ignorant comment*. While I prefer Pride I understand it is an opinion. I love going back and re watching the pride event and probably always will. I still will, and always have, watched the UFC since UFC 3. Why can't people realize its an objective thing.

Post #255   5/31/10 6:23:10PM   

Page 17 of 18   <<   14     15     16     17     18