Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

OFFICAL Pride vs UFC thread

Print  
  Page 12 of 18   <<   9     10     11     12     13     14     15   >>
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by metal_mecca43

Posted by shogunassassin

RIP Pride?
Two of the UFC Champions are Pride fighters.
Did people forget where Rampage came from? Or silva?

Let shogun work on his cardio and he would kill forrest!
Cro-cop has been the only real disappointment, there is something up with him, not sure what, his heart is not in it.

sherk came from pride too btw

Really????????? He had 4 fights in the UFC before he had his one and only fight in Pride/Bushido. He has hen had 4 more fights in the UFC. So that one fight sandwhiched in between 8 fights makes him a Pride fighter???????

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #166   9/28/07 8:42:54PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,283-797
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Pride fighters are WEak.

Post #167   10/1/07 4:20:06PM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:
Lemme Put It This Way. I LOVE THE UFC. MMA IS MY LIFE. UFC made MMA what it is today. But I Have NEVER EVER seen a better show than Sakuraba VS Royce Gracie. Pride its not jus tthe fight. its entertainment. Also the fights are a lot more evenly matched. i agree, Joe Silva is an idiot

Post #168   10/3/07 8:20:26PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,283-797
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by RMFG_187

Lemme Put It This Way. I LOVE THE UFC. MMA IS MY LIFE. UFC made MMA what it is today. But I Have NEVER EVER seen a better show than Sakuraba VS Royce Gracie. Pride its not jus tthe fight. its entertainment. Also the fights are a lot more evenly matched. i agree, Joe Silva is an idiot

I thaught Gracie Sakuraba was pretty boring...Joe Silva is a genious. Fedor vs Zulu....very even match.

Post #169   10/4/07 3:52:05AM   

RMFG_187

Banned

RMFG_187 Avatar

Career:349-223
Chips:

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by RMFG_187

I thaught Gracie Sakuraba was pretty boring...Joe Silva is a genious. Fedor vs Zulu....very even match.

No Offence but Joe Silva is a genious???

Wow talk about the worlds dumbest man. Rashad Bisping? Forrest Hector? Sylvia Monson? Franklin Okami?

Face it, The guy needs to quit his job, and gimme the rights to choose fights.

Shogun Chuck, Wandy Forrest, Tim Sylvia Cro Cop, Kongo Vera, Penn Florian Or Stevenson.

Now Those Are Good Fights.

Post #170   10/6/07 9:32:37PM   

nWo

MMA Regular

nWo Avatar

Career:902-873
Camp: THE ILLUMINATI
Chips:

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by RMFG_187

No Offence but Joe Silva is a genious???

Wow talk about the worlds dumbest man. Rashad Bisping? Forrest Hector? Sylvia Monson? Franklin Okami?

Face it, The guy needs to quit his job, and gimme the rights to choose fights.

Shogun Chuck, Wandy Forrest, Tim Sylvia Cro Cop, Kongo Vera, Penn Florian Or Stevenson.

Now Those Are Good Fights.

yes they are

Post #171   10/9/07 2:04:13PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RMFG_187

The fights are more evenly matched???

Fedor vs Zulu
Aleksander Emelianenko vs Ricardo Morais
Aleksander Emelianenko vs Rene Rooze
Big Nog vs Zulu
ANYBODY vs Paulo Cesar Silva (The Giant)
Saku vs Gilles Arsene
Shogun vs Cyrille Diabate
Wandy vs Hiromitsu Kanehara

Should I go on?

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #172   10/9/07 9:05:33PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by RMFG_187

The fights are more evenly matched???

Fedor vs Zulu
Aleksander Emelianenko vs Ricardo Morais
Aleksander Emelianenko vs Rene Rooze
Big Nog vs Zulu
ANYBODY vs Paulo Cesar Silva (The Giant)
Saku vs Gilles Arsene
Shogun vs Cyrille Diabate
Wandy vs Hiromitsu Kanehara

Should I go on?

i agree that the fights on the pride side had mismatches as you pointed out. but with pride the fights were the ones the fans wanted to see . some of the guys in the ufc get taken care of for a future payday. the ufc is a business and pride was a spectator sport. lets agree that both orgs had alot of mismatches i could provide a long list of ufc one-sided fights. the thing that i miss about pride is the match ups

Post #173   10/9/07 11:05:12PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by hathcock32

Pride fighters are WEak.

Can you tell me how the guys going from the UFC to pride did? The stars like Ricco Rodriguez, Josh Barnett, Chuck Liddell, Ken Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Kevin Randleman, Mark Coleman, Don Frye, Sherk took a no name to a decision, and i'll quit there. Ricco(UFC HW champ beating the hero) lost to Nog, Josh(UFC HW champ beating the hero) was shit pumped 3x's by Cro Cop and never got a title shot, Chuck Liddel(UFC LHW champ also beating the hero) was 2-1 better then most and still got his ass handed to him by a middle of the pack fighter in pride, Ken Shamrock(UFC Hall of famer and first super fight champ) wen't 1-3, Guy did decent, Randleman(former UFC HW champ) did not do well, Colman(UFC HW tournament champ) beat one noteable by injury, Don Frye(Won two UFC tournaments) wen't 3-4 in pride. Do you see what I'm getting at? The UFC guys going to pride have done worse then the Pride guys coming to the UFC, different venue and rules changes everything. Please do research before you call the UFC's LHW and MW champs "weak". IMO your the most ignorant poster on this website, so watch some fights other then UFC fights before posting.

Post #174   10/10/07 12:50:40AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Pride fighters lose because there lack of aggression which every fighter in Pride besides Rickson Gracie is known for...Action packed Aggressive STYLE!!!!

Shogun loss because(not making total excuse because Shogun accepts the loss fine) but that knee energy took ALOT of Aggression and explosiveness out of him and he wasn't the Pride fighter we know and love...

Cro Cop!!!! Was aggressive against Eddie Sanchez and dominated him!!! Against GG he wasn't so aggressive and didn't train in a cage and didn't train elbows which was stupid on his part and took elbows around the eye and never saw the head kick coming as did NONE of us because we only knew him for his great grappling and BJJ...He loss to Kongo because he wasn't aggressive at ALL besides the first 2 minutes which he was WINNING but that broken rib took every aggression he had and explosiveness out of him which is why he counterpunches the rest of it and got beat...

Dan Henderson loss to a former PRIDE FIGHTER...

Rampage & Silva were successful becuase they were AGGRESSIVE!!!

Cage jitters and lack of aggression is why they are all losing...show me something to prove me wrong on this?

Post #175   10/10/07 1:51:31AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Pride fighters lose because there lack of aggression which every fighter in Pride besides Rickson Gracie is known for...Action packed Aggressive STYLE!!!!

Shogun loss because(not making total excuse because Shogun accepts the loss fine) but that knee energy took ALOT of Aggression and explosiveness out of him and he wasn't the Pride fighter we know and love...

Cro Cop!!!! Was aggressive against Eddie Sanchez and dominated him!!! Against GG he wasn't so aggressive and didn't train in a cage and didn't train elbows which was stupid on his part and took elbows around the eye and never saw the head kick coming as did NONE of us because we only knew him for his great grappling and BJJ...He loss to Kongo because he wasn't aggressive at ALL besides the first 2 minutes which he was WINNING but that broken rib took every aggression he had and explosiveness out of him which is why he counterpunches the rest of it and got beat...

Dan Henderson loss to a former PRIDE FIGHTER...

Rampage & Silva were successful becuase they were AGGRESSIVE!!!

Cage jitters and lack of aggression is why they are all losing...show me something to prove me wrong on this?

So Cro Cop dominated Eddie Sanchez. Should he get a trophy??? He was suppose to dominate Eddie Sanchez. He was supposed to dominate GG. He was supposed to dominate Kongo.

They are all in the UFC. They are no longer in Pride. Pride is dead. Pride ran their selves into the ground. They are UFC fighters and you people need to uit thinking of them as Pride fighters.

Why they lost??? Because on that night their opponent was better. Plain and simple. GSP lost to Serra because on the night Serra was better. Chuck lost to Jardine because on the night Jardine was better. Dan lost to Rampage because on that night Rampage was better. That's how I can prove you wrong.

It is about matchups and some fighters match up real well against other fighters. Believe it or not, but Chuck matches up pretty good with Wandy. Wandy gets wild and comes in throwing wild hooks. Leaving himself exposed for straight shots. If he comes in wild against Chuck, he could be in trouble.

Post #176   10/10/07 3:20:18PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by hathcock32

Pride fighters are WEak.

Can you tell me how the guys going from the UFC to pride did? The stars like Ricco Rodriguez, Josh Barnett, Chuck Liddell, Ken Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Kevin Randleman, Mark Coleman, Don Frye, Sherk took a no name to a decision, and i'll quit there. Ricco(UFC HW champ beating the hero) lost to Nog, Josh(UFC HW champ beating the hero) was shit pumped 3x's by Cro Cop and never got a title shot, Chuck Liddel(UFC LHW champ also beating the hero) was 2-1 better then most and still got his ass handed to him by a middle of the pack fighter in pride, Ken Shamrock(UFC Hall of famer and first super fight champ) wen't 1-3, Guy did decent, Randleman(former UFC HW champ) did not do well, Colman(UFC HW tournament champ) beat one noteable by injury, Don Frye(Won two UFC tournaments) wen't 3-4 in pride. Do you see what I'm getting at? The UFC guys going to pride have done worse then the Pride guys coming to the UFC, different venue and rules changes everything. Please do research before you call the UFC's LHW and MW champs "weak". IMO your the most ignorant poster on this website, so watch some fights other then UFC fights before posting.

Ricco is 3-1 in Pride. He has a case that he beat Big Nog

Josh is 5-4 in Pride. with wins over Big Nog, Mark Hunt, Aleksander Emilianko. Josh has 5 fights in the UFC and 9 in Pride. You consider Josh a UFC fighter???

Chuck is 2-1 in Pride with KO wins over Mezger and Overeem and a TKO loss to Rampage.

Ken Shamrock was 1-3 in Pride

Mezgar was 4-6 in Pride. He had a great fight with Wandy and then Wandy headbutted him. He went the distance with Arona and Nogueira. He has fought 10 times in Pride and 5 times in the UFC. He has 24 fight in Pancrase. You consider him a UFC fighter.

Randleman is is 5-7 in Pride. With a highlight reel KO of Cro Cop. He has 12 fights in Pride. His first 6 fights were in Universal Vale Tudo Fighting . He then had 2 fights in the Brazil Open. He then had 6 fights in the UFC. You consider him a UFC fighter???

Coleman is 9-5 in Pride. He was the first Gran Prix champ for Pride. One lost was a worked match. (Being submitted by Takada so he could fight Rickson. On that, we can all agree. Weakest heel hook I've ever seen) Coleman had 14 fights in Pride. 9 in the UFC. He is a UFC fighter???

Don Frye was 3-4 in Pride. He had 11 fights in the UFC. 7 in Pride. 5 in K-1.

Post #177   10/10/07 3:49:06PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:
So baisically you said exactly what I said but missed the part when I said guys going FROM THE UFC TO PRIDE. I didn't say "UFC fighters in Pride". I know you love to try and bust my chops but....baaaazing.

Post #178   10/10/07 7:15:01PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

So baisically you said exactly what I said but missed the part when I said guys going FROM THE UFC TO PRIDE. I didn't say "UFC fighters in Pride". I know you love to try and bust my chops but....baaaazing.

SNAP!!!!!!!!!!

But I'm so used to you calling them either "UFC Fighters" or "Pride fighters" that I ass-u-me that's what you did..........again.

Post #179   10/10/07 7:27:55PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:
haha, i'm not bashing anyone, I just wanted to show everyone that hey lots of UFC stars have gone there and done worse, don't write these pride guys off yet, and don't say their "weak" because thats just garbage.

Post #180   10/10/07 7:31:57PM   

Page 12 of 18   <<   9     10     11     12     13     14     15   >>