Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

OFFICAL Pride vs UFC thread

Print  
  Page 10 of 18   <<   7     8     9     10     11     12     13   >>
Posted By Message

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I wish you were right, but some people won't let it go

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #136   7/7/07 7:24:11PM   

keith-hackney1

Belt Contender

keith-hackney1 Avatar

Career:274-221
Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

Maybe enuf of these will kill this thing. It's done!!!!! I was a PRIDE guy, but c'mon. Aren't we all done with this?

:Now its dead !!!!

Post #137   7/10/07 5:25:53PM   

loganakers

Learning to Sprawl

loganakers Avatar

Career:27-8
Camp: team hate
Chips:
[UFC advantages IMO-- has no freak show matches, makes the champs defend their belts, know's how to produce a show, never cuts away to audience shot's in the middle of a round,allow elbows , no soocer kicks or footstomps which are bad IMO and generally let's their fighter's know who they are fighting in advance.

Pride advantages IMO-Signifigantly more depth at HVY, the best fighter in the world IMO( Fedor), Allows knee's to the head on the ground, more knowledgable and repectful fans as a whole, more proven ( this does not mean better) lightweights at least against eachother

Does this make one beter IMO. No, I love them both and all MMA. I'm going to pin this topic and change the title to pride vs UFC. That way no one will hjave to start anymore of these threads. [

ufc allows foot stomps

Post #138   7/11/07 8:43:54PM   

Young_Knuck

Learning to Sprawl

Young_Knuck Avatar

Career:44-20
Chips:

thata boy

Post #139   7/16/07 5:26:24PM   

Chris_Keppel

Banned

Career:51-37
Chips:
I have always like UFC, as an organization better. But I liked the PRIDE fighters more, and hated them more equally (Wanderlai Silva, that bastard).

PRIDE used to have more talented fighters across the board, they really did, I think that the UFC has more depth in their heavier weight classes now, and if they could just acquire Fedor or Mark Hunt, then PRIDE's top contenders would be UFC merchandise.

But yeah, to keep it simple and not to try to make any valid points I'm sure hundreds of people have already made...

PRIDE > UFC

when it comes to fighters.

Post #140   7/17/07 2:20:23PM   

Ultimate_fighter

Banned

Career:270-165
Chips:
UFC is the best, pride doesn't stand a chance any more without their best fighters, Shogun, wanderlei, Fedor(HOPEFULLY), Mach, Rampage, Henderson, Cro Cop, etc are all in the UFC now... Pride is a done deal. All of the best fighters from pride are coming to UFC. UFC is still going to dominate the MMA world!!!
They all wanted to come to UFC as well, they know its the best organization...

Last edited 8/16/07 3:41PM server time by Ultimate_Fighter
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #141   7/18/07 6:44:51PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by loganakers

[UFC advantages IMO-- has no freak show matches, makes the champs defend their belts, know's how to produce a show, never cuts away to audience shot's in the middle of a round,allow elbows , no soocer kicks or footstomps which are bad IMO and generally let's their fighter's know who they are fighting in advance.

Pride advantages IMO-Signifigantly more depth at HVY, the best fighter in the world IMO( Fedor), Allows knee's to the head on the ground, more knowledgable and repectful fans as a whole, more proven ( this does not mean better) lightweights at least against eachother

Does this make one beter IMO. No, I love them both and all MMA. I'm going to pin this topic and change the title to pride vs UFC. That way no one will hjave to start anymore of these threads. [

ufc allows foot stomps

I f your gonna quote my post, use the quote function please. Let me clarify for you. The UFC does not allow stomps to the head.

Last edited 7/18/07 11:52PM server time by hippysmacker

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #142   7/18/07 11:50:37PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
I kind of want to unpin this thread considering PRIDE is (unofficially) dead and the discussion here is starting to really lack in intelligence.

Post #143   7/21/07 3:45:43PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by MMA

I kind of want to unpin this thread considering PRIDE is (unofficially) dead and the discussion here is starting to really lack in intelligence.

What ya mean, "is starting to"

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #144   7/21/07 7:05:11PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
Within a week of unpinning it last time the threads started up again. This way the nutthuggers have no excuse to start more, and we can delete them quickly if they do.

Last edited 7/28/07 9:56PM server time by hippysmacker

The Iron Code

Post #145   7/28/07 9:56:11PM   

GrandMaster313

In Full Mount

GrandMaster313 Avatar

Career:982-640
Chips:
is this thread being removed?

Post #146   7/29/07 8:34:17PM   

bootyclause

MMA Regular

Career:1,044-777
Chips:
in the end the UFC vs Pride thing was mostly about the "hardcore" fans trying to feel better than other people by bashing the more mainstream UFC. the quality of fights were never any better in Pride, there were just as many boring/exciting matches but with horrible management, silent crowds and sucky announcers after Bas was let go.

for the most part the Pride "I'm cooler than you" fans got what was coming to them by having it get bought out and more or less disbanded. plus "amazing" Pride fighters losing to UFC guys was icing on the cake (Gomi, cro Cop, etc).

the last 6 months of the MMA world has been poetic justice for all the internt MMA snobs that are out there. Now u HAVE TO like UFC cuz its all there is that matters.

Post #147   7/29/07 9:41:58PM   

KO

MMA Regular

KO Avatar

Career:587-340
Chips:
I Hate Pride. Period.

Post #148   8/9/07 4:35:38AM   

Chris_Keppel

Banned

Career:51-37
Chips:

Posted by MattHughes

UFC is better...i would rather want all the great MMA fighters around the world fighting in the UFC..than all the worlds best MMA fighters fighting in Pride

Cage > Ring

UFC Commentators > Pride Commentators

Referee's- UFC > Pride

UFC rules are more professional and not too absurd..(head stomps?? i know pride cares more about being entertaining than they do about the safety of their fighters...(fights go on way too long after someone is hurt)

the only thing better in Pride is more respectful fans...(at least the ones in the crowd)..but..thats gonna stop now that they're here in the U.S

Yeah, I pretty much agree with that statement.

Cage is much better than the ring, because you don't have to stop the fight to move them into the center.

The UFC commentators, and PRIDE commentators... personally, I don't care about the commentators as long as it isn't Frank Mir and the WEC commentators.

The UFC referee's are better because they're actual fighters, well, some are, and they don't throw yellow cards and shit that deduct 10% from a fighters salary.

As an organization, I've always said this, UFC is a MUCH better organization... however, PRIDE, HAD much better fighters until about 6 months ago. The introduction of Rampage Jackson and Cro Cop was the dawn of a new era of fighters for the UFC. Look at the champions now, compared to then.... most are previous PRIDE fighters, and let's face the facts. Everytime Dana White brings over a PRIDE fighter, they are in the run for a championship fight right away. There is a reason behind that.

However... UFC will have all the PRIDE fighters and they will become UFC fighters, and UFC will have the best fighters with the exception of like Takanori and Fedor. For some reason I just can't see those two fighters in the cage.

Last edited 8/9/07 2:29PM server time by Chris_Keppel

Post #149   8/9/07 2:25:51PM   

adamal

MMA Regular

adamal Avatar

Career:67-40
Chips:
As a guy who has only recently gotten into MMA I have to say that UFC is certianly more accessable. I have gotten into Pride, WEC, and IFL too but I had to do that on my own. You don't need to look too far to find UFC. That doesn't make it better but it does give it more upside.

The pride matches i've seen have been great but I don't know enough to really say it is better. I do agree with all the people who have said the Octogon is better than the ring, it makes the matches a lot more exciting IMO.

Post #150   8/9/07 10:47:08PM   

Page 10 of 18   <<   7     8     9     10     11     12     13   >>