Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Intelligently Defending 12.13.07: UFC Lightweight Division Ready for a Huge 2008

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,643-1,469
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The UFC lightweight division had a sensational 2007 as it became the most exciting weight-class in the organization. With the title picture now straightened out and rising stars getting ready for their shots -- 2008 looks like it will be even better. In this edition of Intelligently Defending we will take a look at the current state of the division and where it is heading from here.

Link

Last edited 1/8/08 2:21PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   12/13/07 11:16:34AM   

supatolacyl

MMA Regular

supatolacyl Avatar

Career:1,157-897
Chips:
2008 will have some crazy lw fights in it. It's going to be interesting who the UFC will match together to start off the new year. I know I will probably get hate for this, but I'm looking forward for Guillards return to the octagon, hopefuly he be off da white pony this time. With better sub deffence he could do well. I can't believe there was no mention of Diego Sanchez dropping down to LW in that article. If he does that could possbily throw a big wrench into the mix. Minus his last two fights at ww he was a beast in that divison and I don't know if the whole staff thing slowed him down in is last two fights or what, but he would be an absolute monster at lw. Lastly I am looking forward to Din Thomas coming back healthy and havign a big year I believe in '08. Just some of my thoughts.
-supa

Post #2   12/13/07 1:42:01PM   

DonnieDarko

MMA Regular

DonnieDarko Avatar

Career:629-359
Chips:
I agree looking forward to guillard and diego back in the octagon

Post #3   12/13/07 10:12:15PM