Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Sherk calls BJ Penn a "Punk"

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,810-1,780
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Link

SS:" I think BJ Penn is a punk. Who the hell is he? He's won one fight in a couple of years now and it's just whatever man. He wants to make all of these rules and regulations, but who the hell is he? I'm the champ in my eyes so I don't care if he fights me or not, there's a whole bunch of guys that could fight me right now. It's his loss, not mine. He needs me more than I need him."

My opinion is that he will probably get to fight a whole bunch of guys, he just might not be fighting for or defending the belt. I think he definately got screwed, but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

Last edited 1/8/08 1:00PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1   12/12/07 12:20:53AM   

BlessMahMic

Learning to Sprawl

BlessMahMic Avatar

Career:683-454
Chips:
BJ is a punk. He is a over achiever. People put on this pedestal because he defeated Hughes almost 4 years ago. The man has lost 3 out of his last 5 fights. Yes, he beat Gomi almost 5 years ago but Takanori would take him out today. And Hughes wrestling defeated Penn's Jiu Jitsu 4 years later. The has no right to say he won't fight Sherk. He is not Joe Silva and he is not Dana White. He fears Sherk's wrestling because Sean will take him out like Hughes did. Fin.

PS: I am not a Sean Sherk fan but I would love to see them fight. I actually dislike both these guys, but I respect and enjoy their ground game.

Post #2   12/12/07 12:37:05AM   

Vendetta

MMA Regular

Vendetta Avatar

Career:719-395
Camp: SSU Combat Club
Chips:

Posted by BlessMahMic

BJ is a punk. He is a over achiever. People put on this pedestal because he defeated Hughes almost 4 years ago. The man has lost 3 out of his last 5 fights. Yes, he beat Gomi almost 5 years ago but Takanori would take him out today. And Hughes wrestling defeated Penn's Jiu Jitsu 4 years later. The has no right to say he won't fight Sherk. He is not Joe Silva and he is not Dana White. He fears Sherk's wrestling because Sean will take him out like Hughes did. Fin.

PS: I am not a Sean Sherk fan but I would love to see them fight. I actually dislike both these guys, but I respect and enjoy their ground game.

Did you even watch Hughes vs Penn 2? Penn was absolutely wiping the floor with Hughes until the freak injury.

Post #3   12/12/07 12:48:25AM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-469
Chips:
BJ is a prodigy and hes's pretty cool to talk to. Sherk's comments will just add to the confrontation if BJ beats Stevenson and the matchup is made. Stevenson will be a good test for BJ. With BJ back at lightweight he will be more dangerous. BJ went the distance with GSP at welterweight and Sherk was stopped. Now that both are at 155 I think it should be a great fight. I think Sherk is dominating but really never tries to finish guys on the ground. He threw nasty elbows on Kenflo but never had any close submission attempts that I can recall. Got rocked by Franca's knee and never tried to finish and the fight with Diaz didn't really go anywhere. Granted these are three tough guys, but BJ goes in to finish everytime. Ask Lil Evil, Din Thomas, or Matt Hughes.

Post #4   12/12/07 12:49:30AM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by BlessMahMic

Unless you fight in a cage Blessmahmic then all you've done with that post up there is scream "im a punk!", they both fight, so wins, losses, they all come and go, but serious game fighters are here to stay. Both have proven themselves in the octagon and to criticize them for losing 3/5 or for being defeated 4 years after a victory over the same opponent is ridiculous. BJ really does have no place to say he won't fight Sherk, but you need to see his point of view on the matter. Regardless he needs to stop looking past Joe Stevenson, forget about Sherk and focus on the task at hand, otherwise it'll be 4/6 and this conversation will have no point. All fighters are deserving of respect, and I stand by that even in criticizing them for things they do or the way they act. I still maintain my respect for them as people who put it all on the line for our entertainment.

Post #5   12/12/07 12:49:54AM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
Penn is a punk eh? Lets compare sherk to hughes.. lets review how penn performed against hughes in his loss and win.. (keeping in mind that he tore a muscle, not gassed in his loss), seems to be a stretch of the imagination that sherk will do well against penn isnt it?

Post #6   12/12/07 1:05:00AM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,693-1,445
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by BlessMahMic

I think Bj is a great fighter, Yes Matt Hughes did win their 2nd match but Bj was winning that fight until he cracked his rib, He is still a great fighter and only getting better with more expirience, just look at the people who he has beaten, Gomi, Hughes , Thomas, Serra, Uno, and the list will continue to come as Bj gets more fights

Post #7   12/12/07 1:17:38AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by BlessMahMic

I don't know to many overachivers who have obtained their black belt in 2 years, and won the BJJ world championships. He's a natural athlete, who has done everything with god given talent, and it would be hard for him to show any respect to someone who is now a known cheater. I have lost all they sympathy I had for Sherk, he's in no position to call anyone a "punk". Really sorry to all sherk fans and supporters but I don't think if you test positive for steroids you should be running around bad mouthing people.

Post #8   12/12/07 1:47:11AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,810-1,780
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Pick sides carefully, I think Sherk may have a point in this article about the machine showing four guys in a row positive for steriods...they call that caryover. I'm not saying he's guilty or innocent I am just saying that sometimes when you get screwed over you look better by just sucking it up, being a man and carrying on with your business. When Sherk called BJ a punk I think it was out of line, then again for BJ to claim that he won't fight Sherk is ridiculous.

Post #9   12/12/07 2:02:10AM   

HulkRage

Standup Guy

HulkRage Avatar

Career:1,211-825
Camp: Mountain Top Fight Camp
Chips:
It would be a good battle, but IMO BJ will be too much for Sherk. BJ with time could be the LW champ and if he wants he could be WW champ with a little more time, IMO he could take out Hughes(with out an injury) He messed GSP up in there fight, then lost a SD. That is way more than I can say for Sherk.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1
Photo Attachment 2

Post #10   12/12/07 2:06:45AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Pick sides carefully, I think Sherk may have a point in this article about the machine showing four guys in a row positive for steriods...they call that caryover. I'm not saying he's guilty or innocent I am just saying that sometimes when you get screwed over you look better by just sucking it up, being a man and carrying on with your business. When Sherk called BJ a punk I think it was out of line, then again for BJ to claim that he won't fight Sherk is ridiculous.

I'm with you on that, as I think he got screwed. The athletic commision doesn't want to admit mistakes or overturn previous rulings, as it sets them up for endless appeals down the road. No way to know now, but I wouldn't be quick to bust on Sherk.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #11   12/12/07 2:08:54AM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
haha i love those pics ^^
they go hand in hand with the best quote of that fight

I dont remember word for word, but it was something along the lines of "after the fight, i went to party with my friends.. after the fight, he went to the hospital".

I personally feel he won that fight for a lot of reasons.. but this is one of the cases where by barely losing a split decision to one of the most impressive fighters in the world.. he certainly deserves some respect, even if it isnt from sherk

Post #12   12/12/07 2:54:00AM   

Khaos

TUF 2 Alternate

Khaos Avatar

Career:2,681-1,948
Camp: Men of the hour
Chips:
I disagree about BJ Penn getting the shot, I am a fan of his, but beating Jens Pulver(who was coming of a loss) and getting a shot doesn't seem right, like when Sherk got the title shot(his first lightweight fight). I think he should have had to beat more opponents.

I do think Joe Stevenson deserves the shot, but I don't think it should be against Penn, it should be against someone like Kenny Florian.

(and) I,personally, am glad Sherk got stripped of the title.

Post #13   12/12/07 5:14:46AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Link

SS:" I think BJ Penn is a punk. Who the hell is he? He's won one fight in a couple of years now and it's just whatever man. He wants to make all of these rules and regulations, but who the hell is he? I'm the champ in my eyes so I don't care if he fights me or not, there's a whole bunch of guys that could fight me right now. It's his loss, not mine. He needs me more than I need him."

My opinion is that he will probably get to fight a whole bunch of guys, he just might not be fighting for or defending the belt. I think he definately got screwed, but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

SO Penn is going around now trying to ruin other peoples careers by creating rules and regulations?
Im not 100% sure but i dont think Penn created any rules.

Post #14   12/12/07 7:58:25AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Penn is making a bad decision, but he'll get away with it. If anyone else said "I won't fight so and so..." they would be accused of ducking someone, but since Sherk has this and BJ is so loved he'll get away with it. It really sucks but if BJ won't fight Sean that's his problem and it really is his loss. It's immature of him. He's already asking for 1 or 2 fights a year and now he's refusing to fight a guy who will be number one contender again IMO. He really is looking past Stevenson and I think it's gonna come back to get him, but we'll see what happens.

Post #15   12/12/07 9:29:04AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3