Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Drew McFedries

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

I think McFedries will lost a uniamous Descion ot Martan.
Kaumphman hasnt shown the finishing ability recently.

Recently? You mean his fight with Thales Leites who was his first ever decision win and against a guy who's never been knocked out and up until that fight never lost a fight at all?

I sure think he has all the tools to finish this fight but my gut says he won't and my prediction will look just like yours.

Post #16   2/12/07 4:23:24PM   

JunCTion

READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar

Career:543-390
Camp: Camp David
Chips:

Posted by the-james

Yeah im excited to see him fight again too his fight with sakara was a slugfest, hes fighting martin kampmann at ufc 68 and its on the main card now so well get to see the fight for sure

hes my winner

Post #17   2/13/07 3:01:50AM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Career:2,390-1,573
Chips:
ya know, i just thought of something..

mcfedries' fight with sakara was at 205..
kampmann's fight with leites was at 185..

so is mcfedries coming down in weight? or is kampmann going up? i would assume mcfedries is coming down to MW.. kampmann would be too small at 205.. and how is cutting the weight and dropping a weight class going to affect mcfedries?

Post #18   2/13/07 4:57:46PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by ffforgottenx

so is mcfedries coming down in weight? or is kampmann going up? i would assume mcfedries is coming down to MW.. kampmann would be too small at 205.. and how is cutting the weight and dropping a weight class going to affect mcfedries?

I'm pretty sure drew's moving down . He's only 6 foot tall , he can make it IMO without a problem.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #19   2/13/07 5:03:04PM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by ffforgottenx

I'm pretty sure drew's moving down . He's only 6 foot tall , he can make it IMO without a problem.

yea im pretty sure that drew is moving down also.. im just wondering how its going to affect him as far as conditioning and stamina.. if he gets tired quicker, he will lose some of the edge on his strikes.. and with how open he left himself against sakara, i think he might leave himself open even more if he doesnt cut the weight properly or cant handle the cut.. and that would equal a short night for him

Post #20   2/13/07 5:12:24PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by ffforgottenx

yea im pretty sure that drew is moving down also.. im just wondering how its going to affect him as far as conditioning and stamina.. if he gets tired quicker, he will lose some of the edge on his strikes.. and with how open he left himself against sakara, i think he might leave himself open even more if he doesnt cut the weight properly or cant handle the cut.. and that would equal a short night for him

I actually thought he did use to fight at 185, On sherdog it says 205, but I don't know if they're going off his last fight with Sakara, because when I tried to look at his other wins, the fighters he defeated didn't have their weight displayed. But I'm sure he use to fight at 185, and fought 205 because he was a last replacement. Another reason why he gassed a little.

Post #21   2/14/07 1:06:17AM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Career:25-13
Chips:

Posted by Stickan

Posted by Snacks

Posted by aceprone

Posted by Snacks

Posted by Stickan

Even though I hope Kampmann knocks him out I'm glad to see Drew back. He threw some really nice uppercuts against Sakara and him KOing Sakara was a freaking HUGE upset.

How so? Sakara wasn't that good of a fighter.

Yeah not so good of a mma fighter, but was suppose to be known for his stand up boxing skills. He got out classed on the feet by someone he shouldn't of.

Supposed to have been, but he wasn't. He wasn't even decent in boxing.

He was more than decent in boxing and probably has better boxing then most of the 205ers. He threw the better shots and looked pretty good until Drew clipped him with that uppercut.
The KO looked pretty suspect and you kinda wonder what kind of chin he has but you can't downplay his boxing skills.

I can downplay his boxing all I want, why? Because he exhibited him MMA-stand up skills in that fight, and guess what. It wasn't impressive, at all.

Post #22   2/14/07 4:22:12AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by ffforgottenx

Isn't Drew from the Militich camp? I'm sure those guys won't let him come in out of shape.

Post #23   2/14/07 4:50:48AM   

ffforgottenx

Standup Guy

ffforgottenx Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Stickan

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by ffforgottenx

Isn't Drew from the Militich camp? I'm sure those guys won't let him come in out of shape.

yea he is from miletich.. but great camp or not, some people just cant handle the cut.. im sure he will be fine though.. should be a good fight.. the weight difference just came into my head yesterday, so i was a little confused

Post #24   2/14/07 8:38:56AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2