Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

After seeing frank last night, how do you think he'll do against baroni?

Print  
Posted By Message

Great-Ajax

Learning to Sprawl

Great-Ajax Avatar

Career:331-248
Camp: Team Homewrecks
Chips:
I think baroni will get a KO

Post #1   2/11/07 2:03:58PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Baroni by KO.
I thought that before I saw his fight vs Renzo.

Post #2   2/11/07 5:16:26PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
when are they fighting?

Post #3   2/11/07 5:23:21PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
phil seems to be the safe pick here as long as he is in the form he had in his last couple of pride fights

Post #4   2/11/07 5:43:39PM   

Unkoman

MMA Regular

Unkoman Avatar

Career:578-339
Chips:
Baroni is going to kill him. Baroni's last showing at the real deal was impressive and Frank's last showing was pathetic.

Post #5   2/11/07 9:25:41PM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Career:25-13
Chips:
I'll be willing to take Jason DeLucia over Shamrock.

Post #6   2/11/07 10:08:25PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I hope Baroni Ko's him, but it really depends on 2 things to me.

1.Baroni's cardio. If he's still training with hammerhouse for this fight, he's only got a puncher's chance IMO.
2. Frank's gameplan. If he takes him down it probably won't go past the first( maybe the 2nd if he's in shape) . If he stands with him for 3 rounds and Baroni is in hammerhouse shape. I think Baroni will punch himself out and get KOed in round 2. Frank has an above average chin IMO and is always in shape.

While I hope Baroni pummel's him, I have to say I don't think it likely. Too many things would have to fall into place for a Baroni win. So , puncher's chance only.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #7   2/12/07 5:53:54AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I hope Baroni Ko's him, but it really depends on 2 things to me.

1.Baroni's cardio. If he's still training with hammerhouse for this fight, he's only got a puncher's chance IMO.
2. Frank's gameplan. If he takes him down it probably won't go past the first( maybe the 2nd if he's in shape) . If he stands with him for 3 rounds and Baroni is in hammerhouse shape. I think Baroni will punch himself out and get KOed in round 2. Frank has an above average chin IMO and is always in shape.

While I hope Baroni pummel's him, I have to say I don't think it likely. Too many things would have to fall into place for a Baroni win. So , puncher's chance only.

If he is still trainign with Hammer House he will take Frank down and GNP him. I can see Baroni winning this by TKO due to strikes on the ground in the 2nd round. If Frank Shamrock can get taken down by a small Renzo at 180, he is gotta get the shit slammed out of him by Baroni at a big 185. I think Frank Shamrocks only chance of winning this fight is by sub. Baroni is gonna rule the stand up and if it goes to the ground Baroni will be on top.

Post #8   2/12/07 10:27:10AM   

Dadaman

MMA Regular

Dadaman Avatar

Career:61-42
Chips:
From what I have heard and read Baroni is at a new place in his life right now. In a recent article he told FightSport magazine that he sort of regretted not starting out with a good team like MFS or Team Quest.

That being said Baroni will dismantle Frank.

Post #9   2/14/07 11:37:31PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I used to like Frank, now I dont. I hate both of these fighters and I honestly dont care who wins the fight. Neither one of them really care about the sport, they care about getting famous and cashing checks, so they can continue to live in their world where they are the best fighters, but this fight is very uninteresting to me.

Baroni by KO

Post #10   2/14/07 11:43:18PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I heard Baroni on the Beatdown radio today say he's down to a pack of smokes a day, and weigh's 220 lbs. It's Baroni so it's possible he's full of it, but that really makes me think if he doesn't KO Frank in the first he loses.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #11   2/14/07 11:59:17PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
frank gets too much credit especially from himself. baroni wins this fight

Post #12   2/18/07 3:33:08PM