Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Which Gracie vs Shamrock was the best????

Print  
Which Match was best?
Royce vs Ken1 3 25%
Royce vs Ken2 1 8%
Frank vs Ceaser 1 8%
Frank vs Renzo 0 0%
I hate the Shamrocks 6 50%
I hate the Gracies 1 8%
Posted By Message

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Which match up between the Gracies and the Shamrocks do you like best?
FYI. I gotta go with Royce Ken 1. Royce totally owned Shammy.

Post #1   2/11/07 8:15:23AM   

amik

MMA Regular

amik Avatar

Career:71-38
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
The Ken vs Royce second fight without doubt.

30 minutes of pure ground fight.

Post #2   2/11/07 9:28:04AM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by amik

WOW, I love good groundfighting/grappling- but you really thought that was good? That was a 1/2 hour+ of stalling. In any org, by todays rules, both fighters would've at least been stood up and warned, and in PRIDE given yellow cards. That match was boring, IMHO. Ken seemed to show that he knew he just couldn't grapple on that level, and Royce just LnP'd and didn't show any attempt to advance position.

Post #3   2/11/07 3:55:54PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by amik

WOW, I love good groundfighting/grappling- but you really thought that was good? That was a 1/2 hour+ of stalling. In any org, by todays rules, both fighters would've at least been stood up and warned, and in PRIDE given yellow cards. That match was boring, IMHO. Ken seemed to show that he knew he just couldn't grapple on that level, and Royce just LnP'd and didn't show any attempt to advance position.

Hmm i liked the 1st one cuz it just showed that someone with no BJJ skills (but still a experinced Grappler) couldn't take on a master at it. I found it amazing to watch this skinny Brazilain kid take on this Roided up Shoot Wrestler.

Post #4   2/11/07 10:58:47PM   

Spud

Learning to Sprawl

Spud Avatar

Career:18-12
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by amik

Hmm i liked the 1st one cuz it just showed that someone with no BJJ skills (but still a experinced Grappler) couldn't take on a master at it. I found it amazing to watch this skinny Brazilain kid take on this Roided up Shoot Wrestler.

I think I'll go make a "which was the best Mir vs. Sims best fight thread".

Post #5   2/11/07 11:40:51PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Chips:
Clearly the 2nd one. It was awesome to see Frank Mir dominate Sims. He got KO'd By Mir. Talk about no credible stand up. Thats my favourtie Frank Mir fight.

Post #6   2/12/07 8:00:06AM