Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Who would win? Pulver or Hominick?

Print  
Who would win?
Jens Pulver 14 74%
Mark Hominick 5 26%
Posted By Message

hook_tothe_body

Standup Guy

hook_tothe_body Avatar

Career:415-290
Camp: 368
Chips:
Jens Pulver vs. Mark Hominick -- Never mind paying $40 for eight or nine fights, I would pay forty bucks to see this one fight alone ... I think it would be that good.

I was just sitting here watching the Jens Pulver/Stephen Palling fight on youtube, and it popped into my head what a great fight Hominick/Pulver would be.

I hope it happens someday. Both fighters are 145 pounders. If this fight ever happened, and the fight stayed on the feet, Hominick and Pulver would put on such a technical stand up fight.

Not too sure at all which organization Mark is fighting for right now, most likely TKO or somewhere up here in Canada.

What do you guys think? Who do you think would take the fight?

Last edited 12/10/07 12:20PM server time by hook_tothe_body
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #1   12/10/07 12:18:58PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
If they stay on the feet..... Hominick. Jens is a good striker but Mark is a really good striker.
If it goes to the ground its 65/35 in Jens favour. After all Mark did get that nice triangle on Yves Edwards. But Jens got the wrestling.
I think Mark is a bigger stronger, younger fighter. Jens may be more well rounded but he tends to strike most of his fights. If he stands wiht Hominick IMO it will be like Pulver/Ludwig were Jens just fought a better striker.

Post #2   12/10/07 1:06:58PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
i just dont see pulver being very good anymore, back in the day he was the man to bet but as a allround fighter today i dont see him going anymore, he was one of my fav fighters but in the old days of the UFC but i think the sport grow to fast for him, BJ showed that, im going have to go with hominick

Post #3   12/10/07 1:25:38PM   

atlas777

Standup Guy

atlas777 Avatar

Career:577-375
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
IM going to have to go with Jens im a JEns fan and i just think he would find a way to win IMO gnp in the 2nd.
I dont think the BJ fight showed that the sport was evolving to fast for him i believe it showed him he was way to small the fight at LW anymore there are big guys( BJ, Sherk, Huerta to name a few) in that division and he is kinda small to i think he will find a nice home at 145 and this would be an amazing fight i wish it could happen.

Post #4   12/11/07 1:50:17PM   

KYGUY07

In Full Mount

KYGUY07 Avatar

Career:896-560
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
jens hands down

Post #5   12/17/07 8:42:43AM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Career:376-170
Chips:
When I think Mark Hominick, I think of him running away from Jorge Gurgel, and scoring a bullshit Decision.. If that's still the Hominick who fights right now, then Pulver wins hands down.. No problem.. Faster than he beat Swanson..

Post #6   12/18/07 6:36:52PM   

smky213

Learning to Sprawl

Career:463-327
Chips:
JENS would kick his ass

Post #7   12/19/07 10:32:31AM   

hook_tothe_body

Standup Guy

hook_tothe_body Avatar

Career:415-290
Camp: 368
Chips:

Posted by Scott_Revels

When I think Mark Hominick, I think of him running away from Jorge Gurgel, and scoring a bullshit Decision.. If that's still the Hominick who fights right now, then Pulver wins hands down.. No problem.. Faster than he beat Swanson..

In the fight with Jorge, Hominick knew if he was taken down it would be bad news for him. Instead of brawling it out and putting on an entertaining fight, he only boxed with Jorge. No kicks, no elbows, no clinching or knees. He just wanted to out punch Gurgel.

A Hominick/Pulver fight would be a very entertaining fight. I think Hominick wouldn't try to straight up box with Jens, he would use kicks and knees and body shots, he would mix up his attack.

Fight could go either way, either fighter could land a powerful punch, or a good combo to put the other guy away.

Post #8   12/19/07 10:54:27PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
Wow... yeah, that would be an excellent fight.

It’s very difficult for me to try and predict what would happen, but honestly, I think Jens would consider going for takedowns in this fight, and if he did, I think he might be able to take it either by submission or decision.

However, if Jens stood up the whole fight, which I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to see from him, I think Hominick might finish him or, more than likely, win a decision.

It would definitely be a hell of a battle, though, and I’d consider paying $40 for it.

Post #9   12/20/07 2:24:41PM