Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

What TUF 6 fighters will end up with UFC contracts?

Print  
Posted By Message

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Obviously Mac got his contract. I think that they should take the other guys like Speer, Saunders, Kopenhaver, Rollins, Arroyo, and Mitichyan to WEC contracts, and help strengthen that 170lb division.

I hope they do this, because all of these guys have tremendous potential, but the Welterweight class in the UFC is already so stacked, and I think it would only mean these guys wouldn't have time to grow, and would be losing to greater competition. If you put them in WEC, they'll have room to grow fighting lesser opponents and people more on their level.

What do you guys think?

Post #1   12/10/07 12:12:41AM   

Pinkalicous

MMA Regular

Pinkalicous Avatar

Career:234-166
Camp: Team Takedown
Chips:
i agree, they would have time to grow and learn more then maybe we can see what they can do in the ufc someday, but like you said if they get contracts to the ufc, they will be faced with to much talent on the other side of the octagon and they could lose confidence.

Post #2   12/10/07 12:20:10AM   

redmist

MMA Regular

redmist Avatar

Career:340-240
Chips:
I would argue that a UFC contract is awarded not on skill or technical ability but instead the desire to throwdown in any situation. No one who brawls relentlessly will be dumped in WEC, that's reserved for true technicians like Filho.

Post #3   12/10/07 12:37:28AM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-469
Chips:

Posted by redmist

I would argue that a UFC contract is awarded not on skill or technical ability but instead the desire to throwdown in any situation. No one who brawls relentlessly will be dumped in WEC, that's reserved for true technicians like Filho.

Guys like Kolosci and War Machine will be brought back just because they like to bang. I think George Sotiropoulos has a lot of skill and will stick around. Speer has already faught in the WEC and doesn't bring much to the table other than strength and wrestling.

The UFC welterweight division is stacked already and I can't see anyone from TUF 6 making an impact anytime soon. No one from TUF 6 can hang with GSP, Karo, Fitch, or Alves. However this is why their on TUF in the first place to see their potential. They are all young and will eventually be seasoned athletes in the future. As far as long time contracts, I think that Arroyo, George, and Mac will have great fights and are the future of the UFC.

Post #4   12/10/07 1:21:21AM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
You have to remember that not all of these guys are going to fight at 170 in the UFC. Mac is dropping to 155, so there is one more spot opened up. Speer will definitely be in the UFC, but he may fight at 185. As for the other guys (J-Rock, Koppenhaver, Mitichyan), I think that they will toil on the undercards until they show that they can compete in the WEC. But trust me, all of them can. There is no way that any of those top 5 are going to the WEC. Guys like Arroyo, Saunders, and Barrera might, but not that top 5.

Post #5   12/10/07 1:26:20AM   

babytater03

In Full Mount

babytater03 Avatar

Career:1,007-642
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
RICHIE HIGHTOWER FOR #1 CONTENDER!!!!

JK!

Post #6   12/10/07 9:19:17AM   

icrazysob

Learning to Sprawl

icrazysob Avatar

Career:860-495
Chips:
For the most part besides maybe Arroyo and George, I think the rest as previously noted should be sent down to the Wec..because I can't even see these guys competing with say Burkman,Swick, Kos, or any of the guys..let alone Gsp or Hughes

Post #7   12/10/07 9:38:26AM   

tylerlee123

Standup Guy

tylerlee123 Avatar

Career:994-615
Chips:
I think Speer, Arroyo, Mandoliz, and Koppenhaver will all get their chance

Post #8   12/10/07 5:38:25PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
i think george definately, tommy matt and ben all have what it takes to be solid ufc fighters too, kind of like a rory singer type.

Post #9   12/10/07 6:43:03PM   

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,498-923
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
TUF has had a secondary benefit of making the UFC undercards more interesting. Even I'm guilty of being more intrigued by a Melvin Guillard vs. Richie Hightower matchup than I would be in seeing two KOTC contenders go at it. And it's a no-lose situation for them. TUF guys who fight and win, like Kenny Florian, stick around and move up the ranks while guys who lose on the undercard fights, like Alex Karalexis, can always be cut or sent to the WEC.

Given this, I'd expect most of the guys on the show to fight again for the UFC. They already fought once and probably all the winners will get invited back as will Speers and J-Roc.

Post #10   12/11/07 6:23:49PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:

Posted by fullerene

TUF has had a secondary benefit of making the UFC undercards more interesting. Even I'm guilty of being more intrigued by a Melvin Guillard vs. Richie Hightower matchup than I would be in seeing two KOTC contenders go at it. And it's a no-lose situation for them. TUF guys who fight and win, like Kenny Florian, stick around and move up the ranks while guys who lose on the undercard fights, like Alex Karalexis, can always be cut or sent to the WEC.

Given this, I'd expect most of the guys on the show to fight again for the UFC. They already fought once and probably all the winners will get invited back as will Speers and J-Roc.

agree, and all of them deserve another shot in the ufc, im really interested to see how they fare against other ufc competition, in fact that is intriguing every season, its tough to tell just how good the season is until they all get into the ufc. thats when you can really tell who the best guys are.

Post #11   12/11/07 7:20:30PM