Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Griffin to be next TUF coach

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,600-1,654
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Link

The promised big announcement during the live finale of season six of The Ultimate Fighter reality show on Spike TV was revealed. What was it? Dana White came on and spoke with Joe Rogan to announce that Forrest Griffin will be one of the coaches of season seven of The Ultimate Fighter reality show.

Dana also called Griffin the new number one contender and said that he will be fighting the other coach at the end of the season.

Last edited 1/8/08 2:30PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   12/9/07 11:49:21AM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,009-1,021
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
It is the ranking that i have since he beated Shogun.
so, it is perfectly normal for me to see Forrest fighting Rampage for the belt after TUF 7 !!

Go Forrest !!

Last edited 12/9/07 12:14PM server time by tuvok500

Post #2   12/9/07 11:52:20AM   

rabbit915

In Full Mount

rabbit915 Avatar

Career:2,011-1,129
Chips:
The light heavyweight division is a mess near the top but can you honestly say that Griffin is ahead of Wandy?

Last edited 12/9/07 12:15PM server time by rabbit915

Post #3   12/9/07 12:15:25PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by rabbit915

The light heavyweight division is a mess near the top but can you honestly say that Griffin is ahead of Wandy?

Man, Wandy have 2 lost in a row, how can he be even close to the top ???even if he beat Liddell he will not have a direct shot for the title !!
Forrest beated the supposely top LHW in the world who was suppose to fight Rampage after beating forrest, so, Forrest beat him and now he is the # 1 contender, no mess at all.

Last edited 12/9/07 12:21PM server time by tuvok500

Post #4   12/9/07 12:19:21PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
Im glad we get to see forrest get a shot at the big dog, i don't know how it'll turn out, but Rampage is going to have to kock forrest out cause he ain't going home without that belt willingly... but of course, the same goes for Rampage... It should be an awesome fight, im only disappointed that now we have wait untill they finish filming and airing another season of TUF... lets just hope neither of them gets injured durring the taping or airing so we don't have another Serra Hughes situation.

Post #5   12/9/07 12:40:50PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by rabbit915

Man, Wandy have 2 lost in a row, how can he be even close to the top ???even if he beat Liddell he will not have a direct shot for the title !!
Forrest beated the supposely top LHW in the world who was suppose to fight Rampage after beating forrest, so, Forrest beat him and now he is the # 1 contender, no mess at all.

Yes it is a mess:

And this is before Thaigo KO'd Houston and Jardine beat Liddell.

Personally, I think Jardine and Forrest should rematch for # 1 contender since there is a valid arguement for both.

Don't forget about Machida and now Soku in the mix. Thiago Silva is undefeated as well.

Post #6   12/9/07 1:38:18PM   

skateongrass91

Learning to Sprawl

skateongrass91 Avatar

Career:117-69
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
yea griffin vs jardine 2 should be done first, both of them are high contenders

Post #7   12/9/07 1:52:25PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by rabbit915

Well he beat Rampage 2-0.
And if Wand gets by Chuck he is #1 without a doubt.

The other coach has to be Rampage though. Its the only reason why Dana would call Forrest the #1 contender.

IMO Jardine KO'd Griffin not long ago and beat chuck too. Id say he is up there.

Post #8   12/9/07 1:54:54PM   

MartinKillMcGill

MMA Regular

MartinKillMcGill Avatar

Career:285-170
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
For me wandy has to beat chuck and then either jardine our the loser of griffin rampage to be considered the #1 contender. Ryo Chonan has a victory over anderson silva but i would not consider him the #1 contender at MW

Post #9   12/9/07 2:17:18PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Manfred

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by rabbit915

Yes it is a mess:

And this is before Thaigo KO'd Houston and Jardine beat Liddell.

Personally, I think Jardine and Forrest should rematch for # 1 contender since there is a valid arguement for both.

Don't forget about Machida and now Soku in the mix. Thiago Silva is undefeated as well.

Well, it is a mess if you believe that Houston is better than all those fighters !!
but, i don't see a mess because of the simple fact that my ranking tell me that Forrest is the #1 contender and Jardine is behind him in 3th place.

the reason why Forrest is above Jardine is because he won 2 fight in a row and the second against the supposely #1 contender.
Jardine by that time got Ko by houston and won a split against Liddell, so Jardine have only 1 win in a row and forrest have 2 in a row, and both fought top contender at there last fight.

Wandy have 2 lost in a row, it doesn't matter if he beated Rampage 2 times in the past, he was ranked at his place with those win by that time but now even if he beat Liddell he will have only 1 win in a row and that win will not be against a top contender because Liddell have also 2 lost in a row.
So, the winning of Wandy / Liddell should be back the top 4 or 5 and with another win they will be elligible for a title shot i think.

Now it is forrest time, he did the job and he is the real #1 contender of the actual situation for the begining of 2008.

Post #10   12/9/07 2:23:57PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
Nobody has a legitimate no1 contendership, but they feel like they have to give it to somebody, so why not the guy who won the first TUF, this way it legitimizes the show saying that people from here get title shots in stacked divisions. It also makes for far better tv having griffin/rampage coaching than say rampage and jardine

Post #11   12/9/07 3:08:28PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Well, it is a mess if you believe that Houston is better than all those fighters !!
but, i don't see a mess because of the simple fact that my ranking tell me that Forrest is the #1 contender and Jardine is behind him in 3th place.

the reason why Forrest is above Jardine is because he won 2 fight in a row and the second against the supposely #1 contender.
Jardine by that time got Ko by houston and won a split against Liddell, so Jardine have only 1 win in a row and forrest have 2 in a row, and both fought top contender at there last fight.

Wandy have 2 lost in a row, it doesn't matter if he beated Rampage 2 times in the past, he was ranked at his place with those win by that time but now even if he beat Liddell he will have only 1 win in a row and that win will not be against a top contender because Liddell have also 2 lost in a row.
So, the winning of Wandy / Liddell should be back the top 4 or 5 and with another win they will be elligible for a title shot i think.

Now it is forrest time, he did the job and he is the real #1 contender of the actual situation for the begining of 2008.

And Jardine beat the former dominating champ, and more importantly, KO'd Forrest. Like I said, a valid arguement could be made for either, which is why they should rematch for #1

Last edited 12/9/07 3:09PM server time by manfred

Post #12   12/9/07 3:09:25PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Can't see Forrest as the #1 contender unless he beats Jardine. The UFC is creating another log jam like they did at ww. They will more then likely give Wand a shot if he beats Chuck because that an easy fight to promote since Wand crushed Rampage twice, and if Soko KO's Machida I can see him getting a quick shot since he's the kind of guy fans will love, if Machida wins he's more deserving then forrest. Then you have chuck, shogun, thiago, tito i guess, all are one big win away from either being in contention or the #1. It's a good problem to have this many great fighters but the UFC screws up when they promise, Karo, GSP, and Huges all title shots then you have 3 guys waiting.

EDIT: Tuvok Forrest only has two wins in a row, losing 2 of his last 5. Randy only won one after losing to get his shot again. Like it or not Wand is a legend and has earned his title shot by beating the current champ twice in the past, and everythng he's done in his career.

Last edited 12/9/07 3:50PM server time by cmill21

Post #13   12/9/07 3:42:30PM   

tuvok500

tuvok500 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Can't see Forrest as the #1 contender unless he beats Jardine. The UFC is creating another log jam like they did at ww. They will more then likely give Wand a shot if he beats Chuck because that an easy fight to promote since Wand crushed Rampage twice, and if Soko KO's Machida I can see him getting a quick shot since he's the kind of guy fans will love, if Machida wins he's more deserving then forrest. Then you have chuck, shogun, thiago, tito i guess, all are one big win away from either being in contention or the #1. It's a good problem to have this many great fighters but the UFC screws up when they promise, Karo, GSP, and Huges all title shots then you have 3 guys waiting.

EDIT: Tuvok Forrest only has two wins in a row, losing 2 of his last 5. Randy only won one after losing to get his shot again. Like it or not Wand is a legend and has earned his title shot by beating the current champ twice in the past, and everythng he's done in his career.

The legendary status of Wandy have nothing to do with the actual ranking.
When Wandy was beating those guys that you talk about , he was ranked at his place according to those wins.

But now with 2 lost by ko in a row, he need more than 1 win the have a title shot, same for Liddell.

Forrest won his title shot against the guy who was fighting for a title shot , so if you beat the guy who will have a tiltle shot if he beat you , well, it is fair to give the same reward to Forrest.

Same for GG when he beated crocop, everybody knows that Cro cop was suppose to win and was going to fight Couture, but GG won the fight and he took the place of Crocop for a title shot, it is fair.

i don't really care if a guys was a god in the past years, your skill is always much closer to your last 2 fights than your 2 years ago fights.

Don't reply because the mods will believe that we are at war !! lol

Post #14   12/9/07 5:09:22PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:1,975-1,056
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Forrest does deserve to be number 1 contender ... yea jardine knocked him out but jardine got knocked out by houston ... well look at there last fight jardine beat a wore out chuck by split ... while forrest stopped number 1 ranked shogun .. plus this will be a kick ass season rampage and forrest

Post #15   12/9/07 6:03:55PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2