Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Scoring Issue?

Print  
Posted By Message

TWITA

Standup Guy

TWITA Avatar

Career:2,403-1,526
Chips:
Why is the official scoring on my fantasy picks in the Danzig V. Speer fight a Round 1 TKO? Rear Naked Choke + tap by Speer = Submission

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #1   12/9/07 12:59:18AM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:
It is just an error, they will have it fixed shortly.

Post #2   12/9/07 1:03:21AM   

Franklinfan47

Bow Down

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:3,077-1,712
Chips:
Ya, its cuz they f'd it up over on sherdog

Post #3   12/9/07 1:13:26AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,573-1,539
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Fixed

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #4   12/9/07 1:22:14AM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,237-1,202
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Well, it is fixed but the score have not been updated.

anyways , i will wait tomorrow.

One of my guys won the top scorers of the entire site !!
i am so happy for him !!

Last edited 12/9/07 1:27AM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #5   12/9/07 1:24:20AM   

kerryblue

Learning to Sprawl

kerryblue Avatar

Career:437-254
Camp: The Canadian Cripplers
Chips:
The result has been changed to 'Submission', but the scoring is still reflective of a 'KO' result.

Post #6   12/9/07 2:20:00AM   

Art_Vandelay

Learning to Sprawl

Art_Vandelay Avatar

Career:416-249
Camp: Vandelay Industries
Chips:
I believe the general rule of a TKO/Tapout conflict is whether or not there was a tap.

Speer tapped out. 1st round submission victory for Danzig. That is how the score should go down.

In contrast, all that I've heard about the unaired prelim between Georgioff (sp?) and Goulet is that Goulet choked him out in the first. That should be scored as a 1st round (T)KO win for Goulet.

Post #7   12/9/07 11:27:27AM   

D_O

MMA Regular

D_O Avatar

Career:3,678-2,137
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by Art_Vandelay

I believe the general rule of a TKO/Tapout conflict is whether or not there was a tap.

Speer tapped out. 1st round submission victory for Danzig. That is how the score should go down.

In contrast, all that I've heard about the unaired prelim between Georgioff (sp?) and Goulet is that Goulet choked him out in the first. That should be scored as a 1st round (T)KO win for Goulet.

This is incorrect. If a fighter does not tap, and falls unconscious, then it is scored a submission.

If a fighter is in a move like an armbar, and the ref stops the fight (maybe to a broken bone) then it is scored a technical submission. These situations still fall into the submission category.

Post #8   12/10/07 12:21:08AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Art_Vandelay

Georgioff was put ina submission. He got choked out and thus it should be a Technical submission.
Kinda the oppostie of what a TKO is in reference to KO.

Post #9   12/10/07 10:11:13AM   

Art_Vandelay

Learning to Sprawl

Art_Vandelay Avatar

Career:416-249
Camp: Vandelay Industries
Chips:
Interesting, I was not clear on the issue.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #10   12/10/07 1:10:25PM   

D_O

MMA Regular

D_O Avatar

Career:3,678-2,137
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by Art_Vandelay

Georgioff was put ina submission. He got choked out and thus it should be a Technical submission.
Kinda the oppostie of what a TKO is in reference to KO.

If you are choked unconscious, it isn't a technical submission. It is just a submission. If you're unconscious, you body submitted for you. Therefore it is just a straight submission.

A technical submission is for when the ref stops the fight during a submission hold, like Royler Gracie vs. Sakuraba, or if a guy breaks his arm in a sub like Ranzo vs. Saku

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #11   12/10/07 6:02:07PM