Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Matt Hughes To Publish His Life Story

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,705-1,497
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Matt Hughes is set to publish his biography this January. The book will be titled, "Made in America: The Most Dominant Champion in UFC History," and will be published by Simon Spotlight Entertainment in the USA and by Pocket Books in the UK. Check out the publishers description of the book below:

“If you know anything at all about mixed martial arts and the UFC, then you know the name Matt Hughes. With devastating slams and ground and pound - and nine championship belts to his credit - Matt is the most dominant fighter in UFC history.

Link

Last edited 1/8/08 2:27PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   12/8/07 9:50:32AM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:
I cheer for wrestlers because i was one myself... but i hate matt hughs because he has a cocky attitude. (I hate that).. BUT! whoever is selling that book has me convinced. I wanna read it after that little article ahaha

Post #2   12/8/07 10:00:34AM   

Chuteboxer

Standup Guy

Chuteboxer Avatar

Career:297-176
Camp: The Grappling Academy
Chips:
Can't wait til it comes out...always wanted to hear some of the opinions he had on certain fights...

Post #3   12/8/07 10:24:13AM   

rockernhb

Learning to Sprawl

rockernhb Avatar

Career:225-132
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Can't wait...

Post #4   12/8/07 11:17:39AM   

ohiostate1016

MMA Sensei

ohiostate1016 Avatar

Career:826-528
Camp: Sporting News Assassins
Chips:
While I'm not a Matt Huges fan (see: cockiness), I'll most likely be picking up this book after Christmas. While I am completey immersed in MMA, I haven't really read too much behind the scenes stuff. And this is our first really great opportunity. Honestly, I couldn't think of a better person to be the trailblazer for this part of MMA.

Post #5   12/8/07 3:00:49PM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:
If i wanted to read something like this I would read "the bible by Tyra Banks."

Post #6   12/8/07 3:05:09PM   

Djbb

Standup Guy

Djbb Avatar

Career:31-27
Camp: Keyboard Warriors of LMAOville
Chips:
I managed to get a leaked version of the book via torrents. I shall now post it, in its entirety, for all to read.

Chapter 1
My name is Matt Hughes. I was born on October 13th, 1973 in Hillsboro, Illinois. I knew I was destined to become the greatest UFC fighter of all time because when my mother gave birth to me, I came out of her womb wearing a karate GI and a black belt. I have been training BJJ since the time I was a tiny little spermling. I used to make all the other sperm tap out with my superior submission skills. When it was time to race all the other sperm to the egg, I ground-and-pounded my way in.

Chapter 2
Life on the farm was difficult for a UFC-fighter-to-be such as myself. There was no competition around to test out my steadily increasing skills on. I resorted to trying out my new submissions on the cows we had. My father used to send me out to the pasture with an axe and he would tell me to bring back the fattest cow so we would have dinner for the month. I always chucked the axe and slapped a guillotine on the black-and-white bastards. You ever make a cow tap out? I have.

Chapter 3
I have converted to Christianity, and I will not rest until everyone on my TUF team converts to Christianity as well. It is my duty as a coach to show them the path of righteousness, the path of our Lord and Saviour - Jesus Christ. Matt Serra is not a Christian, and that is why I hate him. Sometimes I have dreams that I am in the 16th century, and Matt Serra is a devil-worshipping heathen. I come upon him in a forest clearing while he is practicing his Satanic rituals, and I say unto him "Matt Serra, your heathen ways have come to an end!" before decapitating his head and piking it for all other Satanic heathens to see. I usually wake up from this dream covered in my own sweat and bodily fluids.

THE END

Copyright: Matt Hughes

Post #7   12/8/07 3:37:39PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,523-1,604
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Well your oprinion is known!! That sh!t was hillarious!! I like the cocky sh!t talking fighters myself but you did make me chuckle...thanks

Post #8   12/8/07 4:18:17PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:

Posted by Djbb

I managed to get a leaked version of the book via torrents. I shall now post it, in its entirety, for all to read.

Chapter 1
My name is Matt Hughes. I was born on October 13th, 1973 in Hillsboro, Illinois. I knew I was destined to become the greatest UFC fighter of all time because when my mother gave birth to me, I came out of her womb wearing a karate GI and a black belt. I have been training BJJ since the time I was a tiny little spermling. I used to make all the other sperm tap out with my superior submission skills. When it was time to race all the other sperm to the egg, I ground-and-pounded my way in.

Chapter 2
Life on the farm was difficult for a UFC-fighter-to-be such as myself. There was no competition around to test out my steadily increasing skills on. I resorted to trying out my new submissions on the cows we had. My father used to send me out to the pasture with an axe and he would tell me to bring back the fattest cow so we would have dinner for the month. I always chucked the axe and slapped a guillotine on the black-and-white bastards. You ever make a cow tap out? I have.

Chapter 3
I have converted to Christianity, and I will not rest until everyone on my TUF team converts to Christianity as well. It is my duty as a coach to show them the path of righteousness, the path of our Lord and Saviour - Jesus Christ. Matt Serra is not a Christian, and that is why I hate him. Sometimes I have dreams that I am in the 16th century, and Matt Serra is a devil-worshipping heathen. I come upon him in a forest clearing while he is practicing his Satanic rituals, and I say unto him "Matt Serra, your heathen ways have come to an end!" before decapitating his head and piking it for all other Satanic heathens to see. I usually wake up from this dream covered in my own sweat and bodily fluids.

THE END

This has got to be fighter bashing.

Which button gives negative props?

Post #9   12/8/07 4:20:42PM   

Djbb

Standup Guy

Djbb Avatar

Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

Fighter bashing because I decided to poke a little fun at ol' Matt Hughes? Don't take things so seriously.

Post #10   12/8/07 4:28:17PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

if there was a button with negative props then i woulda loaded you up with them by now. I thought it was pretty funny ^^

good laughes

Post #11   12/8/07 7:28:03PM   

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:
boring!!!!

edit
did anyone else hear hughes say that the reason he took the fight with gsp was because gsp only has a month to prepare and he usually takes three?
i did.
hughes can't even lie about stuff he should lie about.
he's a snake. imo.

Last edited 12/9/07 4:58PM server time by nastshabast
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   12/9/07 4:55:14PM   

Djbb

Standup Guy

Djbb Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nastshabast

boring!!!!

edit
did anyone else hear hughes say that the reason he took the fight with gsp was because gsp only has a month to prepare and he usually takes three?
i did.
hughes can't even lie about stuff he should lie about.
he's a snake. imo.

Yea I heard him say that lastnite. I'll put money on it that GSP will still whoop his ass with only a months training

Post #13   12/9/07 4:59:34PM   

candynuts

Belt Contender

candynuts Avatar

Career:253-158
Chips:

Posted by Djbb

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

THE END

LMFAO Awesome. Props!

I bet all of these "negative prop" guys are Ryan Seacrest fans, please change out of your skirts immediately.

Post #14   12/10/07 10:08:58AM   

InstantLegend

Learning to Sprawl

Career:78-46
Chips:
wonder if this will help, or hinder his career...I know TUF has ensured that he's lost a large number of fans

Post #15   12/10/07 12:52:06PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2