Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

ELITE XC DISCUSSION HERE

Print  
  Page 3 of 7     1     2     3     4     5     6   >>
Posted By Message

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by Snacks

I'm pretty sure Renzo was milking it, however I do believe he was hurt.

Right, I think he got knocked out from the knee and was milking it as something worse. Between dramatically covering his face with his hands, and sitting there with his eyes wide open, I was half expecting him to act like he had amnesia next.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #31   2/11/07 4:54:36AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Snacks

Right, I think he got knocked out from the knee and was milking it as something worse. Between dramatically covering his face with his hands, and sitting there with his eyes wide open, I was half expecting him to act like he had amnesia next.

...you R wrong..

How would like it to have Shamrock knee you to the back of the neck right now and see how you feel(twice)

you do know your neck is connected to your head right? (spine/brain)

hold two fingers out and feel the back of your neck...you feel that nerve there on the side?? imagine being hit there with knees

we all have eyes and we all saw Renzo's head bounce off Franks knee

for you

Last edited 2/11/07 7:34AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #32   2/11/07 5:16:08AM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Career:25-13
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Snacks

...you're an idiot..

i would love to knee you to the back of the neck right now and see how you feel(twice)

you do know your neck is connected to your head right? (spine/brain)

hold two fingers out and feel the back of your neck...you feel that nerve there on the side?? imagine being hit there with knees

we all have eyes and we all saw Renzo's head bounce off Franks knee

for you

We also saw him kickin back afterwards laughing around afterwards as though nothing was wrong. I want you to be KO'd to the point where you're nearly blind as Renzo portrayed himself, then within 15 minutes get to the point where you're perfectly fine. Please, it'll make my day.

Post #33   2/11/07 5:20:19AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
First off, lets leave the keyboard ninja stuff aside, shall we?

Yes, your neck is connected to your head. Your hand is also connected to your wrist. If I punch you in the wrist, does it hurt your hand? Probably not.

Yes, getting hit in the neck hurts. Its also a legal move, and plenty of fights in MMA have been won with strikes to the neck.

I have eyes as well, and Frank pulled Renzos head towards his own before throwing the knees, which landed in the neck/collarbone area. Watch it again if you don't believe me.

Last edited 2/11/07 7:24PM server time by hippysmacker

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #34   2/11/07 5:28:46AM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
I won't get to see the fights for three more hours when I get off work and run home to the dvr, but I will say that it isn't uncommon for a fighter on the losing end of the stick to milk an injury. You see it all the time with ball shots and headbutts. But an illegal strike is still an illegal strike. Different rules for different playgrounds. But from the way everyone is describing it it probably should have been a no contest. I will review the fight and if necessary adjust my opinions later tonight at work.

Post #35   2/11/07 5:33:44AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Really, I think No Contests should be used much more often, as I hate it when someone gets a win over a bullshit decision. Different circumstance, but Vitor vs. Couture 2 was similar to this fight in that it was ended by a questionably legal strike, resulted in an injury, but Vitor got the win.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #36   2/11/07 5:37:29AM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Chips:
That one definitely should have been no contest in my book. I screamed at the tv on that one. No part of that strike hit him except the seam end of the glove. Randy essentially lost by way of papercut. It should be like the boxing rule. After a certain amount of time a stoppage should go to the cards, before that it is a no contest.

Post #37   2/11/07 5:40:24AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Agreed, that should have been a no contest, and so should the Frank fight, rather than a DQ. Agreed on the score cards issue as well, although that would be hard to do in MMA being as they only do a quarter of the rounds boxing does. In boxing, they only allow that if its gone over three rounds, right?

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #38   2/11/07 5:43:19AM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mrsumo

I won't get to see the fights for three more hours when I get off work and run home to the dvr, but I will say that it isn't uncommon for a fighter on the losing end of the stick to milk an injury. You see it all the time with ball shots and headbutts. But an illegal strike is still an illegal strike. Different rules for different playgrounds. But from the way everyone is describing it it probably should have been a no contest. I will review the fight and if necessary adjust my opinions later tonight at work.

How should it have been a no-contest? Shamrock had already been warned, then threw the same illegal stike, twice in a row and to the back of the head. If a fighter is stopped or cannont continue because of an injury resulting from an illegal strike then it is a DQ, especially in this case where it was deemed the strike was intentional.

Post #39   2/11/07 5:44:23AM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Chips:
Yep thats right, I can hear Buffers voice reciting the rules in my head. How far into the bout did this happen with Frank?

Post #40   2/11/07 5:45:11AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
About half way through round two, of a three round fight.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #41   2/11/07 5:52:21AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Snacks

How should it have been a no-contest? Shamrock had already been warned, then threw the same illegal stike, twice in a row and to the back of the head. If a fighter is stopped or cannont continue because of an injury resulting from an illegal strike then it is a DQ, especially in this case where it was deemed the strike was intentional.

Shamrock had been warned when he was throwing the Igor Vochancyn style knuckle punches around Renzos head, which at least connected to the back of the head. The knees were not illegal. The rules are no knees to the head of a downed opponent, and no strikes to the back of the head. He didn't hit the head, so he didn't break the rules.

Herb also raised his hand right after Renzo fell over, so him suddenly deciding he was intentionally commiting a foul doesn't hold water with me.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #42   2/11/07 5:58:35AM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Chips:
Either way here would have been better than a dq. A no contest would have good and we would have seen a quick rematch. Going to the cards would have been good to settle some controversy. I don't know, just seems like a bitch ending to what was supposed to be the battle of the two great houses.

Post #43   2/11/07 5:59:03AM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Snacks

Shamrock had been warned when he was throwing the Igor Vochancyn style knuckle punches around Renzos head, which at least connected to the back of the head. The knees were not illegal. The rules are no knees to the head of a downed opponent, and no strikes to the back of the head. He didn't hit the head, so he didn't break the rules.

Herb also raised his hand right after Renzo fell over, so him suddenly deciding he was intentionally commiting a foul doesn't hold water with me.

And 2 knees on the ground does not equal downed? Did we suddenly enter bizarro world?

Wait wait wait, after re-reading this, the knees didn't hit the back of the head? uhhhh..... kay.

Last edited 2/11/07 6:01AM server time by Snacks

Post #44   2/11/07 6:00:10AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
Knees on the ground are legal, as long as they're not to the head. Frank probably threw two dozen knees on the ground during that fight.

I'm sick of arguing about this though. Mrsumo, if I could ask a favor of you, please review the dvr when you get home and give us your take on it at some point. I trust you to be an honest guy and call it like it is.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #45   2/11/07 6:04:51AM   

Page 3 of 7     1     2     3     4     5     6   >>