Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

ELITE XC DISCUSSION HERE

Print  
  Page 2 of 7     1     2     3     4     5   >>
Posted By Message

gspfan31

MMA Regular

gspfan31 Avatar

Career:98-51
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

that cheater frank, i knew he'd pull off something like this.
i hope renzo whoops him

i hope renzo can continue

they better call it a dq

Post #16   2/11/07 12:14:35AM   

gspfan31

MMA Regular

gspfan31 Avatar

Chips:
omfg yes... renzo won, frank deserves the dq

Post #17   2/11/07 12:18:24AM   

gspfan31

MMA Regular

gspfan31 Avatar

Chips:
people booing should go buy some pride dvds

Post #18   2/11/07 12:21:16AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
can't believe hes still talking trash...
what a classless pile of junk
i hope ceaser gracie, renzos manager knocks frank out!!

Post #19   2/11/07 12:21:51AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
so my predictions were all right except one

i should have went with my gut and picked villesenor..

good show altoghether!

Post #20   2/11/07 12:29:08AM   

Savy

MMA Regular

Savy Avatar

Career:61-50
Camp: Snatch As Snatch Can
Chips:
would those knees have been legal if they weren't to the back of the neck?

Post #21   2/11/07 12:29:36AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by loller90278

that cheater frank, i knew he'd pull off something like this.
i hope renzo whoops him

true...he dont care about winning..he just wants to hurt gracie

it was an obvious intentional knee..there was no way he could of hit the body in that position..

bassturd

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 2/11/07 12:42AM server time by Trapt1nw0nder
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   2/11/07 12:29:56AM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,817-1,114
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
I'll give some of my thoughts on the fights

Bennett Vs Noons - I really don't think Noons was prepared for Crazy Horse to be able to take his shots and throw back even harder; Crazy Horse landed a beautiful counter right hook and that was it. He then proceeded to do two backflips off the top of the cage and give well lets just say an interview only Crazy Horse could give. It'll be interesting to see if he'll get serious about his training.

Carano Vs Kedzie - I'll be honest I had never seen a womens MMA match. Both girls obviously have lots of room to improve but it was a good entertaining fight. Kedzie took some good shots and kept going. Someone should tell her to leave Kit Cope....

Villasenor Vs Loiseau - I actually put $10 against The Crow; I just didn't think he would be himself and I was right. He looked okay at the beginning but once Joey started taking him down at will and laying some GNP on him he pretty much lost whatever confidence he might of had. Say what you want about Brandon Vera; he's a hell of a cornerman. 3rd round comes and Loiseau had clearly lost rounds 1 and 2; Vera comes in there and tells him you lost those two rounds you need to get your head out of your ass and knock him out or you're going to lose. Loiseau kept putting his head down and Vera kept pushing up his chin and making him look him in the eye while he was talking to him. If I was ever a fighter this is what I would want in my corner. So Loiseau comes out and by now Villasenor is confident to the point where he just wanted to stand and bang with Loiseau and he pretty much blocked everything Loiseau threw at him and landed some nice shots to win 30-27 easily. Thanks for the $14 Villasenor ;-)

Cabbage Vs Bigfoot - I had $10 on Cabbage...He was going off at 4:1 he's got a hell of a chin and Silva's chin had been in question after that Pele fight so I figured what the hell. Cabbage was having trouble early with Silva's length it looked like to me he couldn't get in there and get any clean shots with Silva using his jab much like UFC Heavyweight Champ Tim Sylvia. Silva with an early take down some GNP but Cabbage survives to get to his feet only to eat a knee and some punches on the ground and getting TKO'd.

Shamrock Vs Gracie - I really thought Frank was going to steamroll Renzo...but for whatever reason Shamrock was taken down at will by Renzo who seemed pretty content to just change positions every 15-20 seconds so the fight wouldn't get stood up. Frank kept kneeing the body and the little standup that went on in round 1 was fairly even 10-9 Gracie. 2nd round starts and Renzo gets another takedown and more of the same from round 1 while up against the cage Frank catches Renzo with two knees to the back of the head while on the bottom. Herb Dean steps in and stops the action for Renzo to recover but he cannot and the fight is over. Renzo wins via DQ

Frank Shamrock after the fight kept saying I came here to fight thats how we used to do it back in my day and how he was just about to knock him out. Frank being Frank basically and it was pretty pathetic. He was getting beaten soundly and I'm not sure he didn't throw those knees to the back of his head on purpose.

All in all a entertaining show for the most part; hopefully they can get some more fighters and get deeper. The commentating was okay but I don't think i've ever longed for MIke Goldberg and Joe Rogan as much in my entire life. Goldberg is terrible and the fact that they kept bringing up his pro wrestling career is retarted IMO.

Post #23   2/11/07 2:35:30AM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

first of all of course the fights are great, but that commemtator trying to be like Mike Goldberg is ******* annoying as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and that dragon with fire blowing out of his nose is just too much...ring girls look like hookers...

and that guy trying to sound like Mike Goldberg pisses me off!!!!..(ohh..i already said that..)

I LOVE GINA!

Mauro Renello is way better than Goldberg and actually knows the sport unlike Captain Obvious Goldberg

Post #24   2/11/07 2:59:11AM   

Unkoman

MMA Regular

Unkoman Avatar

Career:578-339
Chips:
i hope tonights shitty showing of Frank Shamrock shuts up those nuthuggers whom worship the earth he walks on.

Post #25   2/11/07 3:16:15AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

first of all of course the fights are great, but that commemtator trying to be like Mike Goldberg is ******* annoying as hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and that dragon with fire blowing out of his nose is just too much...ring girls look like hookers...

and that guy trying to sound like Mike Goldberg pisses me off!!!!..(ohh..i already said that..)

I LOVE GINA!

Mauro Renello is way better than Goldberg and actually knows the sport unlike Captain Obvious Goldberg

Mauro Renello's voice is so fake..it dont even fit him....and Goldberg only acts like he dont know whats up,i have noticed that he only acts like a noobie to the sport,but thats the way it works..goldberg only act,so he can bring up questions so he can educate the people watching

in other words...Goldberg asks the questions a noobie to the sport would ask if they were watching so they can learn

i have noticed M goldberg say alot of very educated statments of the sport and i would think to myself..."i thought this guy didnt know jack"!

thats the way it works buddy...so..

Mike G > Mauro R

Post #26   2/11/07 3:30:34AM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
The show tonight had some pretty decent fights, but the over all production was horrible. The commentarying was dumb and I HATED the fact on how the commentaries blamed the DQ on Herb Dean. That's was classless of them, because they were trying to protect their most valuable fighter, Frank. Those knees to the head were delibrate and I'll tell you why I think so. In my day job I am a Loss Pervention agent for a clothing store and everytime I arrest someone, they all say the same thing...."It was my first time...I didn't know what I was doing....blah blah..." Frank's excuses sounded the same and so did his body language. Both of his physicals and verbal reactions were similar to what I hear when I arrest someone for shop lifting. Frank Shamrock showed his true colors tonight and he lost all respect I had for him (the sliver I did have), and I hope Baroni beats the crap out of him. Baroni does talk trash, but he fights a fair game and is willing to put it on the line, and Baroni deserves to knock out Frank Shamrock. I hope he does it!

Post #27   2/11/07 4:24:12AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I thought the event was lousy. I'm glad it was free.

Koons vs Bennet: Koons was way too gunshy and Bennet doesn't push the action at all either. It was a decent KO, but not a very good fight. On a side note, did Bennet hand his phone off to Rampage on the way down to the ring?

Gina vs other girl: I can honestly say that that was the best girl MMA fight I've ever seen. Most of the girl MMA fights I have are from the 90s and are absolutely terrible, so it was nice to see two girls that actually came to fight.

The Crow vs. Villesenor: Wow, the Crow looked like absolutely crap in that fight. Villesenor is good, but The Crow should have been able to at least beat him in the stand up.

Cabbage vs Silva: Probably the best fight of the night that I saw anyways. Cabbage offers nothing to the sport, and his chin isn't all its cracked up to be. AA took him out, Tank took him out, Butterbean took him out, some hoodlums in London took him out, and now this guy. Granted, all those guys hit hard, but when your claim to fame is your chin, you really shouldn't be getting KO'ed at all.

Frank vs Renzo: I'm apparently in the minority here, but I think that was a bullshit call. Frank did not knee Renzo in the back of the head, or any part of the head at all. In fact, if you watch, he actually pulls Renzos head towards his own before throwing the knees. The knees connected to the neck, which is a legal target. I do believe he intended to hit the neck though, and I can't blame him, being as Huerta won his UFC fight with a knee to the neck last week.

As for Renzos part in this, theres no way in hell he had a concussion. A concussion occurs when your brain collides with the inside of your skull. The knees didn't touch the head and didn't whip the head around enough to cause a concussion. He might have been knocked out by the knees to the neck though, which would explain why he was wobbly.

I watched this with a paramedic friend of mine and he pointed out the medical staff were being complete morons in how they looked after Renzo. The medic on staff even stuck a neck brace on him for about a minute while he was sitting down, which is a big no-no, and then removed in shortly thereafter. Also, medics don't allow you to walk to an ambulance with an injury like that, even if you say you're fine.

As for Herb Dean, hes a ******* liar. When he stands Frank up, he raises Franks hand to declare him the winner. Then suddenly he talks with some of the suits at ringside and decides they were intentional fouls. I think Pro Elite saw the opportunity to get a rematch for the next card, a-la Saku vs Akiyama and build some drama off of this.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #28   2/11/07 4:26:40AM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
I haven't seen it yet (I'm overseas) but going by Franks own statements, I'm glad he got DQ'd.

Renzo has always been a class act and tough as nails, so I doubt he was acting.

Post #29   2/11/07 4:32:00AM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Career:25-13
Chips:
I'm pretty sure Renzo was milking it, however I do believe he was hurt.

The best bout was probably Noons/Bennet, although I liked Big Perm and Carano's bouts were quite nice. And Fukuda is straight reppin it.

Post #30   2/11/07 4:48:22AM   

Page 2 of 7     1     2     3     4     5   >>