Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tommy Speer vs. Mac Danzig

Print  
Who you taking for tommy vs. mac
Tommy Speer 19 38%
Mac danzig 31 62%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
OK the vague polls are seriously annoying me now! LOL theres no point in ones like that cos that info is on the stats page, however polls are good to see HOW people think it will be down - ko/sub/dec etc

Gut feeling is Speer by UD!

Post #16   12/6/07 2:51:50PM   

JWils

Standup Guy

JWils Avatar

Career:1,467-773
Chips:
I'm taking Danzig by 2nd round submission.

BUT, I'm not sleeping on Speer. Speer is a big welterweight and Danzig's natural weight is 155 so with that in mind I can see Speer dominating position and ground-n-pounding his way to a UD win.

You know, I kind of picture this fight going like the Jon Fitch/Diego Sanchez fight. Fitch maintaining top control while Sanchez tried to pull of submission after submission. I see Speer trying to execute a gameplan much like Fitch did against Sanchez but I feel that his submission defense is not good enough to not get caught by Danzig. I predict a triangle and Tommy goes to sleep.

I'm looking forward to this one though. I think it could go either way.

Post #17   12/6/07 2:59:00PM   

Chuteboxer

Standup Guy

Chuteboxer Avatar

Career:297-176
Camp: The Grappling Academy
Chips:

Posted by AchillesHeel

Does anyone know who these guys have been training with since TUF?

To my knowledge, Tommy has been training with Hughes and the HIT squad...I thought i heard on the show Danzig works with Jeremy Horn but i'm probably wrong about Mac...but yes Tommy is training with Hughes.

Post #18   12/6/07 3:19:13PM   

gsquat

MMA Sensei

gsquat Avatar

Career:407-229
Chips:
I'm torn. On paper it certainly seems like Mac would win, however I think Tommy will muscle out a decision. I still dont understand George's decision to stand and box with Tommy. Take him down and submit him! He's not that hard to catch with a sub, you just gotta know how to finish. Ben Saunders needed to straighten out. Make his legs and back flat. I want to go with the odds and say Mac, but I just think this is a bad matchup for him.

Post #19   12/6/07 4:56:16PM   

evilpimp

MMA Regular

evilpimp Avatar

Career:248-181
Chips:
mac all the way even though i didnt like him on the show but i think he is going to win the fight

Post #20   12/6/07 5:13:19PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
danzig has more experience hw will submit tommy before the night is over

Post #21   12/6/07 5:23:09PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Tommy is over rated... all that "he has alot of heart" is bs.

Tommy is a wrestler,and they all fight the same way..just because someone keeps fighting doesn't mean they have heart....when we see him bleeding like a pig like the first fight and at the same time fight someone he cant take down at will in a war..then we can say he has heart

for a wrestler..holding someone down and pounding them is the same as a striker running away and jabbing.thats where they feel their safest.

Mac Danzing by TRIANGLE CHOKE!!!

Your definition of heart mat not be the same as others, and I think it would be wise to remember that not everyone thinks the way you do. Personally I watched the fight with 4 people last night. After t was over and we were discussing who would win the finale ands why, 2 of them picked Tommy and both mentioned " heart " as part of there reasons. I have great respect for both of them and their opinions, and they are both in my fight camp. Anyway, After thinking about it I think Tommy did show a lot of heart, but unless I know he is training with some top notch guys since the show ended, I can't pick him.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #22   12/6/07 5:34:47PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Tommy is training with Hughes and has been since the show ended, so he probably has improved.

I still have to go with Mac though. The only thing that really worries me about this fight is that Mac will be to tentative just because he does not want to lose what took him 7 years to get. Danzig definitley has more on the line and that could go either way for him.

But I think Danzig wins this fight by UD

Post #23   12/6/07 5:57:01PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
I'd like to see Danzig lose but he's a good fighter and is the obvious favorite. I'm pulling (whatever that means) for Tommy because that's who i'd like to see win. I enjoyed his fights more.

Post #24   12/6/07 5:57:56PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,321-829
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I dont think Mac is strong enough to handle Tommy. Mac already stated win or lose he is going to drop to lightweight because he walks around at 172. Tommy on the other hand is a huge welterweight walks around a little over 190. I think Tommy will choose where he wants this fight to go. I think he can KO mac or he could take him down and pound him. There is always a chance of a good sumbmission my Mac, but as Tommy as shown he has a lot of heart and doesen't panic and can get him self out of tough situations. I got Tommy 2nd rd KO

Post #25   12/8/07 1:36:26PM   

KillaMed87

MMA Regular

KillaMed87 Avatar

Career:43-25
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Tommy is over rated... all that "he has alot of heart" is bs.

Tommy is a wrestler,and they all fight the same way..just because someone keeps fighting doesnt mean they have heart....when we see him bleeding like a pig like the first fight and at the same time fight someone he cant take down at will in a war..then we can say he has heart

for a wrestler..holding someone down and pounding them is the same as a striker running away and jabbing.thats where they feel their safest.

Mac Danzing by TRIANGLE CHOKE!!!

Tommy is a wrestler, why would he try and stand up with Danzig, and play into Danzigs game? I see Speers taking Danzid to the ground early. He should contain him and work his GnP to pound out a TKO in the second. How can you say he doesnt have heart? That was a full arm bar he was trapped in, a lesser fighter would have tapped.

Post #26   12/8/07 1:57:09PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2