Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Brock lesner Is

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

mike_en_ikes

Learning to Sprawl

mike_en_ikes Avatar

Career:29-33
Chips:
Brock Lesner has no expierience in mixed martial arts at all and yet people are already counting on him to win. sure some people say that he was in the wwe but that is entertainment; and nothing more than a soap op[perah that happens to revolve around fighting. which im sorry to inform you is fake. Most of the punches he where nothing more than a love tab from the arm combind with a boot stomp to a padded mat. He has been training since 07 he beat one person whos record speaks for itself. He has no expierience against the hardened veterans who have earned the heavy weight championship and if his biggest accomplishment is winning the WWE championship then i highly doubt he is going to do what people are expecting him too
to be honest i think he was only drafted because of his size and his ability to attract a fan base with WWE fans. but thats just my opinon

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #1   12/5/07 1:34:59PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
hey anthing can happen in a fight.

Post #2   12/5/07 2:31:50PM   

Chuteboxer

Standup Guy

Chuteboxer Avatar

Career:297-176
Camp: The Grappling Academy
Chips:
You're probably right....I never thought that he was that amazing considering he fought a can who was called on short notice. If he trains his ass off and really works hard to beat Mir then he might stand a chance, but we'll see.

Post #3   12/5/07 2:32:54PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Actually his biggest accomplishment is being 2X NCAA Div I HW champ.

Of course he hasn't been tested against the best, very few have when they debut. He is a monster w/ a serious training camp. We'll see how he does, but you're writing him off w/o knowing how he'll do just cuz he was a pro wrestler. Many of the all time greats in mma have also been pro wrestlers.

Post #4   12/5/07 2:50:42PM   

Djbb

Standup Guy

Djbb Avatar

Career:31-27
Camp: Keyboard Warriors of LMAOville
Chips:
Lesnar wrestled at Webster High School in Webster, South Dakota where he managed to have a 33-0 record in his senior year. [6] Lesnar later attended the University of Minnesota on a full wrestling scholarship for his junior and senior years of college; his roommate was fellow professional wrestler Shelton Benjamin who also served as Lesnar's assistant coach.[7] Lesnar won the 2000 NCAA wrestling championship as a heavyweight after placing second in 1999. Prior to joining the Minnesota Golden Gophers, Lesnar also wrestled at Bismarck State College in Bismarck, North Dakota.[3] Lesnar finished his amateur career as a two-time NJCAA All-American, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Champion, and the 2000 NCAA heavyweight champion with a record of 106-5 overall in four years of college.[8][9]

Post #5   12/5/07 3:15:31PM   

Khaos

TUF 2 Alternate

Khaos Avatar

Career:3,202-2,384
Camp: Men of the hour
Chips:

Posted by mike_en_ikes

Brock Lesner has no expierience in mixed martial arts at all and yet people are already counting on him to win. sure some people say that he was in the wwe but that is entertainment; and nothing more than a soap op[perah that happens to revolve around fighting. which im sorry to inform you is fake. Most of the punches he where nothing more than a love tab from the arm combind with a boot stomp to a padded mat. He has been training since 07 he beat one person whos record speaks for itself. He has no expierience against the hardened veterans who have earned the heavy weight championship and if his biggest accomplishment is winning the WWE championship then i highly doubt he is going to do what people are expecting him too
to be honest i think he was only drafted because of his size and his ability to attract a fan base with WWE fans. but thats just my opinon

Post #6   12/5/07 3:44:27PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
I don't wanna sit here and defend Brock Lesnar...

To say that he was nothing more than an actor is dumb, he's an athlete and has been since he was a kid...

To say that he'll burst the UFC's HW div wide open is dumb... There's a lot unknown about him... Chin, cardio, standup, etc...

But there are a few known quantities as well... He's big, he's strong, he can wrestle...

The only people you'll see riding his jock real hard are the diehard WWF fans, who think that an ex-pro wrestler doing well in MMA will somehow legitimize their watered down soap opera...

Conversley, the only MMA fan that would completely write him off just doesn't want to admit that an NCAA champ, who happened to be a pro wrestler, can possibly hang with the big dogs in the best org...

Frank Mir will be a great litmus test, and it's a fight that Brock can win...

Of course they are trying to bring in fans from the WWE... They spend money jsut like any other fan, wouldn't you want them if it was your company?

Post #7   12/5/07 3:54:04PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,237-1,202
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

To say that he was nothing more than an actor is dumb, he's an athlete and has been since he was a kid...

To say that he'll burst the UFC's HW div wide open is dumb... There's a lot unknown about him... Chin, cardio, standup, etc...

But there are a few known quantities as well... He's big, he's strong, he can wrestle...

The only people you'll see riding his jock real hard are the diehard WWF fans, who think that an ex-pro wrestler doing well in MMA will somehow legitimize their watered down soap opera...

Conversley, the only MMA fan that would completely write him off just doesn't want to admit that an NCAA champ, who happened to be a pro wrestler, can possibly hang with the big dogs in the best org...

Of course they are trying to bring in fans from the WWE... They spend money jsut like any other fan, wouldn't you want them if it was your company?

The problem for me is that Lesnar will arrive directly in the UFC with a 1-0 mma record.
It is clear that if he would have been serious , he would have fought at least 3 or 4 fights in some low level league to see where he really is with his MMA skill and after that he would have try to go to the UFC.

The low level league would have been very happy to have him for some fights and at least we would have been able to see him fighting .

It is clear that he wanted to be in the UFC only for the money and the UFC sighed him because he was well known by many peoples and they think it is good for there business..

I really hope he will be destroy by Mir, to wake-up some peoples who think that WWE and MMA are the same or to those who believe that a guy who was wrestler at scool like 8 years ago is still a top wrestler in 2008 even if he did not have a single real wrestling fight for years.

Last edited 12/5/07 7:04PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   12/5/07 6:58:25PM   

Pitbull09

MMA Sensei

Pitbull09 Avatar

Career:288-147
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

The problem for me is that Lesnar will arrive directly in the UFC with a 1-0 mma record.
It is clear that if he would have been serious , he would have fought at least 3 or 4 fights in some low level league to see where he really is with his MMA skill and after that he would have try to go to the UFC.

The low level league would have been very happy to have him for some fights and at least we would have been able to see him fighting .

It is clear that he wanted to be in the UFC only for the money and the UFC sighed him because he was well known by many peoples and they think it is good for there business..

I really hope he will be destroy by Mir, to wake-up some peoples who think that WWE and MMA are the same or to those who believe that a guy who was wrestler at scool like 8 years ago is still a top wrestler in 2008 even if he did not have a single real wrestling fight for years.

EXACTLY!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO SAY THIS TO THE GUYS STILL DEFENDING WWE FANS SOMEWHAT. I dont get how he can be defended when he cut line, and is only there for an achievement that is nothing for MMA. You really think he was put in the UFC for his NCAA record? ha, I think not. 8 years since NCAA and less then one year of MMA training will show against MIr and I hope he breaks his nose with a knee when he shoots for a takedown

Post #9   12/5/07 7:21:31PM   

SpiderSilva

Living legend

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:2,303-1,485
Chips:
He is just starting out who really knows how long he has been training any type of martial art he could have been doing it for a while plus he has great wrealting ablity not WWE
He went right through his first fight Im not saying it was a good opponent but he moped the floor with the dude BL power is gonna be a lot to handle even more that he is a ground fighter
not saying he is but look at Hughes he is a beast and has been with his wrestling and using GnP really nothing else what stops Lesner from being like that
This a wait and see aproach and I think its a good move on the UFC part he is like a #1 draft pick in the NFL all the potential in the world its up to him to put his mind to it. one advantage he has though is he has made a lot of money already in the WWE so that wont make him lazy which happens a lot to people who get a lot of publicity.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #10   12/5/07 7:24:38PM   

Lord_Lenny

In Full Mount

Career:1,722-1,143
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:
The guy has pretty much no neck making him hard to knock out because his brain rattles around very little. he should have no problem getting out of submissions, just by using sheer power, and seeing as how its hard to wrap up one of his limbs. And he has a lot of force behind his punches. I seen the guy break his neck in a match and he finished it, and that was real... I just think it'll be hard to finish him, and if Mir wins it will most likely be a decision

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #11   12/5/07 7:40:12PM   

Tailgunner

MMA Regular

Tailgunner Avatar

Career:143-80
Chips:
If Mir shows up ready to fight then Lesnar is in big trouble........Mir in shape is a top level HW with serious BJJ.

Lesnar is gonna get rocked IMO.

Post #12   12/5/07 8:02:01PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:

Posted by Tailgunner

If Mir shows up ready to fight then Lesnar is in big trouble........Mir in shape is a top level HW with serious BJJ.

Lesnar is gonna get rocked IMO.

Anything can happen in the mma cage, but i'd have to agree with you, Im not giving Lesner an inch of credit until he earns it.

Post #13   12/5/07 8:27:24PM   

Kastro

Standup Guy

Kastro Avatar

Career:474-316
Camp: The Tactical Underground
Chips:

Posted by mike_en_ikes

I agree with you 100%... I dont know why so many people are already thinking he is a force, but with all honesty though it has yet to be determined...

Perhaps Lesnar will do well, but there is a better chance in my opinion that he will struggle..

If Mir tapped Sylvia then I think he can tap Lesnar, however Lesnar does have an amazing amount of muscle mass and will be difficult to take down.. im not too sure on his striking but im willing to bet if he connects with Mir he is going to knock him out badly.. as for Mir's striking I dont see him knocking out the massive chin of Brock Lesnar.

I see Lesnar either KO'ing Mir, or taking Mir down which will give Mir the chance to sweep him and get top position eventually catching Brock in a submission.

This fight is close I think, it could go either way, I give the edge to Mir and I hope to god he doesn't get KO'd by the massive fists of Brock Lesnar because it could be a career ender.

Post #14   12/5/07 8:47:20PM   

evilpimp

MMA Regular

evilpimp Avatar

Career:248-181
Chips:
anyhting can happen in a fight but im not a big lesner fan so im going ot have to pick mir for this one

Post #15   12/5/07 9:55:09PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3