Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Wanderlei Silva Interview

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,462-848
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
This goes to show you how humble Wanderlei is.Most guys with his resume would snicker at the thought of being a contestant on TUF.Wanderlei on the other hand,is always looking for a good fight,and it seems like he doesn't let an ego get in his way.

While I deffinently wouldn't complain if Wanderlei got a title shot,I feel like Jardine,not Griffin,should be getting a title shot next.

Post #16   12/5/07 6:47:49AM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Such a classy dude. Always humble and gives other fighters props. He's such a different person when he's away from the fight game.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #17   12/5/07 4:02:53PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,853-1,062
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
First off, if Wandy's idea of a TUF with major fighters comes true, I'd actually start caring about TUF again.

Secondly, Wandy is the man. His take on MMA is so refreshing and real. He sees the competition as being in the UFC and that real money can be made. His comments about Fedor and him getting in the ring with Fedor are true. He might not win, but he wouldn't be scared to get in there with anybody.

Lastly, regarding Wandy's comments about seeing Chuck fight in Brazil. It occurs to me that Wandy and Chuck's careers have been in parallel for many years, and that they never met is strange. They both have their beginings in NHB/Vale Tudo matches. They both have evolved with MMA and have been the face of their respective companies. They both still have alot of that bare-knuckle style left in their game, and have thus far not shown a movement towards the all around complete fighter we are seeing in today's MMA. It sounds to me like Wandy sees this and is trying to learn some tricks using the cage and wrestling from Couture and others. Watching Shogun lose probably helped him come to that realization.

Post #18   12/5/07 4:55:35PM   

Jujiden

MMA Regular

Jujiden Avatar

Career:263-145
Camp: Jujiden MMA
Chips:
WS: I’d love to coach or even be a fighter on it.

(REGARDING THE TUF SHOW)

LOL, I'd love to see Wandy in there with a bunch of newbies. It would be extrememly predictable but hilarious to watch.

Post #19   12/5/07 5:47:00PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Jujiden

WS: I’d love to coach or even be a fighter on it.

(REGARDING THE TUF SHOW)

LOL, I'd love to see Wandy in there with a bunch of newbies. It would be extrememly predictable but hilarious to watch.

That would be pretty hilarious, Forrest or Rampage coaching Wand, I beat the piss out of the one coach twice and the other one has 1/10 my experience and I have been a champion, he has not. Lol Not to mention he would probably severly hurt every other contestant on that show. He would be a good coach, but his english is a little weak. I would love to see Shogun as a assistant to . I would love Rampage coaching against Wand.

Post #20   12/5/07 5:51:44PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
He handled himself great in that interview.

Post #21   12/5/07 7:46:54PM   

The_Grim_Reaper

MMA Regular

The_Grim_Reaper Avatar

Career:349-212
Camp: Soulless Ones
Chips:
is it just me or does this just not sound like Wandy? honestly ive heard interveiws with Wanderlei many times before and is it just me or does this not sound like him at all?

Post #22   12/5/07 9:19:39PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2