Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 81: Terry Martin vs. Marvin Eastman (Exclusive)

Print  
Posted By Message

babalu2720

In Full Mount

babalu2720 Avatar

Career:1,245-647
Chips:
Hard-hitting Terry Martin (16-3) will look to get back on the winning track at UFC 81: “Breaking Point” against veteran Marvin Eastman (14-7-1) on February 2 from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

MMAmania.com (www.mmamania.com) learned about the middleweight bout earlier this afternoon.

Martin suffered a surprise defeat via third round knockout courtesy of a perfectly placed Chris Leben punch in his last appearance inside the Octagon at UFC Fight Night 11 on September 19. It was a back-and-forth battle that Martin would have more than likely won on the judges scorecards if it went the distance (”The Crippler” was docked a point for a fence grab earlier in the bout).

Eastman has competed in the light heavyweight class for the better part of his long career. He was booked to clash with Demian Maia at UFC 77: “Hostile Territory” on October 20; however, an eye injury forced him off the Cincinnati card.

http://mmamania.com/2007/12/04/ufc-81-terry-martin-vs-marvin-eastman-exclusive/

Last edited 1/8/08 2:33PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   12/4/07 9:37:32PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
eastman wins. should be a crazy fight though

Post #2   12/4/07 11:59:22PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,687-1,701
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Two hard hitting bangers going at it sounds like a good undercard bout for me....it's good to see that the Beastman is back in the UFC. Hopefully he stays in the MW div too, the more the merrier there imo.

Post #3   12/5/07 12:07:12AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
Martin needs to work on his cardio if he wants to win. his fight with leben lost most of my respect for him as he showed that he did not properly prepare for that fight and showed what happens when your gas tank hits empty midway through the 2nd round. terry martin better come in shape because marvin wont be as nice as leben was and will take advantage of him as soon as he shows signs of fatigue because eastman usually comes to his fights in shape and terry martin better do the same or he will get another KO loss.

with that said i think martin has a lot of potential and when in shape is a force to be reckoned with, key words being "in shape". if this fight goes past the 1st round i see eastman winning by KO.

Post #4   12/5/07 12:25:11AM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
Martin suffered a surprise defeat via third round knockout courtesy of a perfectly placed Chris Leben punch in his last appearance inside the Octagon at UFC Fight Night 11 on September 19. It was a back-and-forth battle that Martin would have more than likely won on the judges scorecards if it went the distance

??????

"suffered a surprise defeat via third round knockout"
- leben was not that big of an underdog in this fight
- leben has one KO loss on his record, and thats to anderson silva
- leben has 9 KO wins out of 21 fights

leben won the first and second round decisively, and considering the consistency of the judges nowadays, had the 3rd round gone on, he might've won that too. Because the point was taken away (somewhat quickly in my opinion) in the second round for grabbing the fence, this fight would've ended in a draw or in the favour of leben had it gone the distance.

and a suprise win? come on now.. probably the most solid chin and heaviest hands in the division, it shouldnt be that big of a suprise that he'd take a few big shots before K. martin T.F.O

Post #5   12/5/07 12:26:25AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I'm stunned Eastman can even make MW. Hes ripped as a LHW, and hes older, so cutting weight will take more of a toll on his body. If he can perform, then more power to him, but I'm thinking this isn't a good career move for him.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #6   12/5/07 4:41:51AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
wow this is a great fight to make, im dont know whether to hold a grudge agains Martin for letting me down so badly with the pick and wager when he fought Leben, i still think he could be really good at 185 but he needs to train alot more cardio and sharpen his takedowns and strikes, he is a diamond in the rough imo

Wont know who the hell to pick in this fight, Eastmean really will be a .......... Beastman at 185

Post #7   12/5/07 5:59:25AM   

isk

In Full Mount

isk Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
I think Eastman *had* to cut down to 185. He's just too short for a LHW; he gets picked apart by strikers with superior range and accuracy. If he managed to get a fight with Anderson I still think he'd get mauled, but he should be more of a threat in general as a MW and if nothing else should provide some exciting fights with opponents like Martin who prefer to stand and bang.

Post #8   12/5/07 12:51:13PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,037-1,039
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Eastman will not be better in the 185 division.
He will get KO by Martin very fast i think .

He is older and slower than Martin and moving down in the 185 will be hard for him and it is not going to improve his fighter's skill.

Last edited 12/5/07 2:56PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   12/5/07 2:52:32PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,037-1,039
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

Martin suffered a surprise defeat via third round knockout courtesy of a perfectly placed Chris Leben punch in his last appearance inside the Octagon at UFC Fight Night 11 on September 19. It was a back-and-forth battle that Martin would have more than likely won on the judges scorecards if it went the distance

??????

"suffered a surprise defeat via third round knockout"
- leben was not that big of an underdog in this fight
- leben has one KO loss on his record, and thats to anderson silva
- leben has 9 KO wins out of 21 fights

leben won the first and second round decisively, and considering the consistency of the judges nowadays, had the 3rd round gone on, he might've won that too. Because the point was taken away (somewhat quickly in my opinion) in the second round for grabbing the fence, this fight would've ended in a draw or in the favour of leben had it gone the distance.

and a suprise win? come on now.. probably the most solid chin and heaviest hands in the division, it shouldnt be that big of a suprise that he'd take a few big shots before K. martin T.F.O

I dasagree completely man !

The only way for a guy to gave the rd 1 and rd 2 to Leben is if he was watching the fight on a old 1960 black and white TV and he was thinking that Martin was Leben and Leben was Martin because of the poor image quality !! lol

Post #10   12/5/07 3:01:50PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-469
Chips:
Eastman deserves another shot. He got wrecked by Vitor and KO'd by Lutter and Rampage at 205. All his fights in the UFC have been tough guys. Martin will be no exception. I think Terry is a little too confident and that will get him in trouble against a guy like Eastman who is very intense.

Post #11   12/5/07 5:54:04PM   

quezocrema0032

Belt Contender

quezocrema0032 Avatar

Career:2,007-1,070
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Well am a huge leben fan and i admit he wasnt winning that fight he was losing the 3rd round lost the 1st and won the 2nd then he through out the gameplan when martin backed him up wit tht big punch but yea martin 1st round KO ! martin can beat most strikers .. i belvie

Post #12   12/5/07 9:50:16PM