Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lesnar VS Mir

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

tylerlee123

Standup Guy

tylerlee123 Avatar

Career:994-615
Chips:
I really want to see brock get beat , will he able to overwhelm Mir with his wrestling is what im interested in seeing . Any thoughts ?

Post #1   12/3/07 5:11:41PM   

thisbeme

MMA Regular

thisbeme Avatar

Career:150-95
Chips:
Big strong guy..but seems a bit slow to me.... I think mir will punish him

Post #2   12/3/07 5:20:20PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
This should hopefully be a very good fight. It will def be telling to where they both stand in mma right now. I don't hope either of them loses. I hope to see a good fight, just like every or almost every fight I see. I rarely root against ppl. This is a sport it's not personal mind. I think either Mir will sub him in the first cpl min's or Brock will be able to gnp to either a dec or late stoppage.

Why would you hope he loses? Just cuz he used to wrestle? remember Severn, Shamrock, Saku and a host of others were pro wrestlers before pro fighters. It's a diff job. I don't care what jobs a fighter used to have.

Last edited 12/3/07 5:52PM server time by jimimak
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   12/3/07 5:49:24PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,065-1,066
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I Think Mir will submit him , like a rear naked choke as an example !!

Post #4   12/3/07 5:52:13PM   

MattHughesFan

MMA Regular

MattHughesFan Avatar

Career:294-174
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Brock will power right through Mir and bring him down to the ground early from there Mir will either sweep and get on top and deal out punishment for a tko or sink in a submission off his back. either way i'm picking Mir in an early win

Post #5   12/3/07 6:00:28PM   

tberg420

Standup Guy

tberg420 Avatar

Career:1,578-861
Chips:
I think that Lesnar will punish Mir for a little while but ultimately Mir will catch Lesnar in a submission. More than likely a crazy armbar like he had Pete Williams in.

Post #6   12/3/07 6:26:12PM   

xchickox

In Full Mount

xchickox Avatar

Career:594-360
Chips:
why do people want lesnar to lose? why cant people forget the pro wrestling and just give him a chance, he's just trying to do the best he can in this sport, i want him to win because i think he can have an impressive future

Last edited 12/3/07 6:28PM server time by xchickox
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   12/3/07 6:28:30PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:

Posted by xchickox

why do people want lesnar to lose? why cant people forget the pro wrestling and just give him a chance, he's just trying to do the best he can in this sport, i want him to win because i think he can have an impressive future

i cant forget about his pro wrestling because he talks like he is still in it, ive heard ''i will beat him, him,him'' imo he need to stop talkin and go back to the small shows..he has been tryin 2years and has 1 fight ive seen, no ty i hope mir wins

Post #8   12/3/07 6:58:34PM   

tylerlee123

Standup Guy

tylerlee123 Avatar

Career:994-615
Chips:
Lesnar would be a great addition to the ufc heavyweight division i just dont respect him because of what he said in an interview, he said he could beat Sylvia and Couture and thats a big jump from min soo kim, he shouldnt talk like that just yet, thats why i want him to lose

Post #9   12/3/07 7:25:00PM   

tepid55

MMA Sensei

tepid55 Avatar

Career:3,072-1,682
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Frank Mir will get a quick submission.

Post #10   12/3/07 7:50:57PM   

bullettdodger

BANNED

bullettdodger Avatar

Career:332-207
Chips:
I don't hate Lesner, in fact i think the picture for him on mmaplaground gives him street cred in my book off the bat, but that doesn't mean i can't or don't want to see a former champion yank his arm clear outta it's socket...as for the smack talking... i could really care less, its hard to tell what is scripted and what isn't these days, so i just tivo through it. So i guess what im trying to say is that i expect an early submission from Mir, doesn't mean it can't go totally the other way though, cause as we all know anything can happen in the cage.

Post #11   12/3/07 9:15:57PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
He said what he thought would sell himself to the big orgs jumping over all the small fights... and it worked. Make no mistake about it, outside of some of the lifers, pro wrestlers don't take themselves too seriously. They are selling a product (themself) they don't buy into their own hype any more than anybody else.I've seen more than enuf smack talk from more than enuf athletes to not care.

Post #12   12/3/07 10:00:06PM   

JoeySteel

MMA Regular

JoeySteel Avatar

Career:1,364-991
Chips:
Lednar is f-ing HUGE. I think this fight will be sweet. Dude was an amateur wrestler if I am not mistaken. He knows how to fight, he is not going to be taken if he does not want. I am not Mir fan and Lesner obviously has done nothing in MMA. But I am sure UFC would not let him fight if he did not have something other than a name.

Dude could make more money in WWE I imagine. I think it is AWESOME that he is coming to UFC. I hope more people with his kinda freakish skills/atribute come over from WWE or whereever.

Fight's gonna be sweet. In the end I think Mir will have it. It will be a good fight, but no one as green is gonna take Mir. Lesner will be a freaking machine when he gets rolling. That dude is a TANK. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS FIGHT.

Post #13   12/3/07 11:39:16PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:

Posted by JoeySteel

Lednar is f-ing HUGE. I think this fight will be sweet. Dude was an amateur wrestler if I am not mistaken. He knows how to fight, he is not going to be taken if he does not want. I am not Mir fan and Lesner obviously has done nothing in MMA. But I am sure UFC would not let him fight if he did not have something other than a name.

Dude could make more money in WWE I imagine. I think it is AWESOME that he is coming to UFC. I hope more people with his kinda freakish skills/atribute come over from WWE or whereever.

Fight's gonna be sweet. In the end I think Mir will have it. It will be a good fight, but no one as green is gonna take Mir. Lesner will be a freaking machine when he gets rolling. That dude is a TANK. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS FIGHT.

you want the rock and stone cold to?

Post #14   12/4/07 12:45:16PM   

Caleb_z

Learning to Sprawl

Career:733-483
Chips:
I don't really understand the Lesnar hate, I think he will be a good addition, however, people seem to see him as either he's going to be phenomenal or he's going flounder miserably, people seem to be missing what Brock Lesnar has the best potential to be, and that is arguably the warmest blanket in MMA, the man has wrestling credentials out the asshole, he's naturally large framed, and he's strong, and while that spells awesome for some good ol' ground and pound, its also a really good recipe for a Lay and Pray champion.

Post #15   12/5/07 2:13:37AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2