Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Liddell Seeking Motivational Help?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
The Boston Herald reports that professional motivator Tony Roberts, talking about recent celebrities he's worked with, noted that one of his recent clients was UFC's Chuck Liddell.

Article

Last edited 1/8/08 2:38PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   12/3/07 7:00:48AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
He's been exposed. I can't see him winning any more. I'm rooting for Wandy but I am roting for Liddell to put on one hell of a fight. I want it to be a war like we all had pictured in our dreams. When Chuck is mentally focused like in both Tito fights he is very hard to beat. But as he fights more and more, them holes he has in his games get bigger and more noticed. Hopefully he has the confidence to bang with Wandy and either one goes down swinging.

WAR MMA! This is going to be one for the ages if they both come in Physcially and mentally prepared!

Post #2   12/3/07 7:16:07AM   

ufcboss

In Full Mount

ufcboss Avatar

Career:404-246
Chips:
There hasn't been much hype about this fight here, But I know we all just cant wait to see it.
There are fight's that just gotta end by a KO, And this is for sure one of those fight's. I cant see it going out the 1st, That arena will be going off so loud that I see gameplan's going out the window and a Crazy but short fight happening.

A WAR!

And as long as Hughes doesnt manage to hold down GSP for 5 rounds I see that fight "gameplan free" too.
Can not wait for this night.

Post #3   12/3/07 10:10:42AM   

EvilScott

MMA Regular

EvilScott Avatar

Career:681-409
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
TONY ROBBINS HUNGRY

Seriously though, if Liddell is actually needing motivation for the fight (and not other things), then he's in for a world of hurt.

Post #4   12/3/07 11:52:46AM   

Branwest

Standup Guy

Branwest Avatar

Career:224-109
Camp: X-treme Fighting Systems
Chips:
When this sport has finally gotten the recognition it deserves, and all the new fans seeing Liddell as so dominant before the last couple of fights, knocking everyone unconscious, he is now at a time when he's toward the last of his fighting career. He won't fight untill he's 44 like Couture. It's unfortunate for him, but if he can beat Wandy, that'll help cement his legacy as one of the great LHW's of all time. If he can beat Wandy, he's back in the top-five LHW's in the UFC, and after winner another fight or two against top-notch competition, he may be given another opportunity at regaining the title.
With this said, I don't think he'll ever regain the title. There's just too much talent out there, and new talent and new fighters coming in. Sokoudjou's thrown into the mix and it'll be interesting to watch how he'll do in the cage. I do, though, wish for the best for Chuck, and respect him as a fighter and person.
He's just trying to regain the fire and confidence he once had, and if goes to a professional to try and do that, that's fine with me. It's his money, and if it works, he'll be the one who's laughing at all those who are making fun of him for this.
However, with this said, I don't know if he'll beat Wandy, nobody does. It could go either way, either could get 'Caught.' Plus, the UFC takes away a couple of Wandy's strengths which include kicking your opponent while he's on the ground, or stomping them, etc. However, it'll be interesting to see how he uses his elbows and if Chuck gets caught in a clinch, he'll have to watch out for the powerful knees of Wandy.
I see this fight staying on their feet and throwing blows with bad intentions. I've been waiting for this for years and now it's finally coming to fruition. The only major thing left is seeing Fedor coming to fight Couture, or anyone else in the UFC for that matter (Plus I'd like to see Barnett and Thompson and many others come to the UFC).

Post #5   12/3/07 12:29:07PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,973-1,009
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
It is perfectly normal to try to have the best physical and mental preparation possible. Wandy training with Xtreme Couture is a good example.

Liddell know what he have to do for himself, so no big deal here i guess.

GSP did the same after being ko by Serra, he changed almost everything around him , he sigh with Yoda and consulted a sportif's therapist i think.

the pick will be hard for me, both are very good fighters, i have Liddell for the moment but i will watch the weight-in closely !!

Post #6   12/3/07 1:04:58PM   

EpicTerran

MMA Regular

EpicTerran Avatar

Career:658-391
Camp: Wolfpack Crew
Chips:
this is probably chucks last fight if he loses

Post #7   12/3/07 2:52:56PM   

themmadigest

MMA Regular

themmadigest Avatar

Career:8-1
Chips:
They've done some work in the past as well:
http://www.themmadigest.com/2007/11/tony-robbins-work-with-chuck-liddell/

Last edited 12/3/07 5:27PM server time by themmadigest
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   12/3/07 5:26:49PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

He's been exposed. I can't see him winning any more. I'm rooting for Wandy but I am roting for Liddell to put on one hell of a fight. I want it to be a war like we all had pictured in our dreams. When Chuck is mentally focused like in both Tito fights he is very hard to beat. But as he fights more and more, them holes he has in his games get bigger and more noticed. Hopefully he has the confidence to bang with Wandy and either one goes down swinging.

WAR MMA! This is going to be one for the ages if they both come in Physcially and mentally prepared!

Dude, your hatred for Chuck is well documented.

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #9   12/3/07 6:23:08PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Don't know if you noticed but I was actually trying to compliment him too. I hope He has confidence to bang with Wandy. Honestly, as long as they bang it out and has a war like we all have been dreaming about. i could care less who wins.

Post #10   12/3/07 6:32:01PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by zephead

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Don't know if you noticed but I was actually trying to compliment him too. I hope He has confidence to bang with Wandy. Honestly, as long as they bang it out and has a war like we all have been dreaming about. i could care less who wins.

You tried to compliment him. Was that before the "He's been exposed. I can't see him winning anymore." comment or after?

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #11   12/3/07 6:41:04PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Pretty natural chucks 37, and has been fighting for some time, who cares if he needs a pep talk.

Post #12   12/3/07 6:52:47PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by zephead

Posted by NatedawgThaM

You tried to compliment him. Was that before the "He's been exposed. I can't see him winning anymore." comment or after?

After...

Post #13   12/3/07 6:58:45PM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
chuck wins imo then calls it quits

Post #14   12/3/07 7:02:50PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
nothing wrong with that IMO. saying he's at a disadvantage now is stupid.

everyones saying he must be depressed or weary of his future because he's seeking help. thats like saying he doubts his skills, thats why he's training.

not true, hes preparing his mind just as he's preparing his body IMO.

Post #15   12/3/07 8:14:06PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2