Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tim Sylvia Vs. Semmy Schilt

Print  
Who Would WIn??
Tim Sylvia 11 44%
Semm Schilt 14 56%
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Who would win

i think that semmy would destroy sylvia imo...but u never kno...wat do yall think about this matchup

Post #1   12/2/07 11:25:29PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
In MMA, Sylvia would destroy him by fighting from the clinch and he'd probably GnP him after a clinch takedown. In kickboxing, Schilt would probably win a decision.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #2   12/2/07 11:42:28PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,258-821
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
i think that schilts kickboxing is far superior to sylvias..and i dont think that tim could get close enough to put semmy in the clinch...and if the fight went to the ground i think that schilt would control the fight...unless he was mounted

Post #3   12/2/07 11:49:47PM   

SexPanther

Banned

Career:16-9
Chips:
uhhh....semmy easily

Post #4   12/2/07 11:58:10PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

In MMA, Sylvia would destroy him by fighting from the clinch and he'd probably GnP him after a clinch takedown. In kickboxing, Schilt would probably win a decision.

I'll agree with the MMA part, but I think Schilt would beat SYlvia pretty badly in K-1. I think JLB , Aerts , even a past his prime Hoost would really take it to SYlvia in k-1 also.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #5   12/3/07 12:30:11AM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,037-1,039
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Well Sylvia is boring but he is effective and hard to deal with !!
I pick Sylvia because we are speaking about an MMA fight i guess .

Sylvia game plan should be to clinch and control his opponent on the fence but a take down and GNP would be a very wise choice !!

Last edited 12/3/07 12:40AM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   12/3/07 12:39:12AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

i think that schilts kickboxing is far superior to sylvias..and i dont think that tim could get close enough to put semmy in the clinch...and if the fight went to the ground i think that schilt would control the fight...unless he was mounted

I don't think Semmy would have much of a say in the matter, as far as clinch is concerned. He doesn't have KO power, especially against someone his own size, and Tim outweights him considerably, and Tim cuts to 265lbs, and Semmy walks around at a little over 250lbs.

Semmy was never more than a B-class MMA fighter, and his style of fighting doesn't translate well to MMA, especially the front kick he uses to keep people away from him. The guys body structure would make it very hard to avoid clinch takedowns, and I'm sure the coaches of MFS would see that and have Tim act on it.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #7   12/3/07 12:44:06AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Tim would take him down from the affor mentioned front kick and gnp semmy. In K-1 Semmy via total destruction.

Post #8   12/3/07 2:32:16AM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
MMA - Yeah Tim takes it, Semmy was never more than a dabbler in MMA. I think seeing his team mate Leko get embarressed twice (even though he is a skilled kickboxer) Semmy realised that they are two separate worlds and what back to what he is good at.

K-1 - Semmy by an absolutely brutal destruction. Yeah Semmy doesnt have great technique or the kind of power you expect from a man his size, but when he trains day in, day out to defend against the onslaught of guys like Aerts, JLB, Bonjasky, Hari etc, I doubt the Sluggish, weak Sylvia would have much of a chance. Semmy would use him as a punching bag, and would dominate any clinches that Tim tried for.

Post #9   12/3/07 2:47:32AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
I just had a funny thought, Semmy's used of the punches that guys like hari and bonjasky thow, imagin him looking at tims punches(slow in 4oz gloves lol) it'd be like spider man when peter watches the punches fly past him in slow motion lol.

Post #10   12/3/07 3:11:04AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Semmy easily IMO!!!

He has the perfect style to absolutely destroy Tim Sylvia. AA had the perfect style but just wasn't tall enough. Semmy is though! Kickboxer's wn Tim IMO!!!

I see Semmy just chopping those tree chunk legs with leg kicks and circling so he won't get pinned against the cage. Wouldn't be really exciting since Tim don't press unless he's PNP(Pinning N Preying) against the cage. I have never seen Tim shoot I don't see how he will get him to the ground since I don't see Semmy letting it become a clinch fight.

Semmy by decision in basically a K-1 Kickboxing match with 4 ounce gloves except Semmy does not press as much and is smart and is able to pick Tim apart.

Post #11   12/3/07 3:45:00AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
I'm going to have to disagree on multiple counts.

AA has a good style, but hes far too passive, which is what cost him with Big Tim the third time, and hes been passive since. AA height had nothing to do with it, as hes not that much shorter than Tim, and I doubt his punches lose that much power against the larger opponent.

As for Semmy avoiding the clinch, watch any of his old UFC fights, or any of his fights for that matter. He has almost no octagon control, and found himself on the mat quite a bit. In kickboxing he doesn't need ring control skills because he can dictate the range of the fight and keep people at bay easily, but thats what killed him in MMA.

Also, clinching with a guy that lanky isn't difficult in the least, as his effective range is much further out than the average fighter. Once you clear the long limbs, you're golden, and Big Tim has more than enough muscle to pin him to the cage and use a clinch takedown.

Last edited 12/3/07 5:45AM server time by svartorm
Edit note/reason: Added some stuff.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #12   12/3/07 5:40:06AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I didn't see any of his old UFC fights. I'm just going off his great K-1 Kickboxing ability that I have seen. IMO Tim's only real advantage is his size. He uses it against everybody. My feeling is if you give somebody as tall as him with good K-1 Kickboxing, I think they stand a phenomenal chance. I'll defintely check out those fights though...

Post #13   12/3/07 5:47:21AM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
When has Tim ever gnp'd a W? His size would allow him that, but his style wouldn't. Semmy's standup is so much better, and it isn't like his all around game is that bad against another guy w/o a completer all around game. Semmy would control the standup, get clinched, hold, get split up, repeat. W via dec, most likely. I do think Schilt could ko Tim. I don't think Tim could ko Schilt. As unlikely as a sub would be, Semmy's the only one of the two that could conceivably get it.

Post #14   12/3/07 12:30:49PM   

SexPanther

Banned

Career:16-9
Chips:
assuming sylvia would stand and bang with shilt like he has everyone else he has ever faced in his life shilt would completely outclass him standing, then kncok him out or mutilate him for a unani

And he probably would b/c he has stated that his standup is k-1 level. if this ever happened he would go down trying to prove a point.

Post #15   12/3/07 1:35:24PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2