Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Karo

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,636-1,440
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Has anyone else been disapointed with Parysian lately both inside and outside the octagon? In reference to his lackluster win over Chonan and then his remarks afterwards about having a title shot and not wanting to fight fitch and instead preferring a can. GRANTED he finished that fight with a broken hand, and GRANTED he has had some bum deals from the ufc in the past having been denied his promised title shot with Hughes once before, but "the heat" we have all grown to love is the karo who feared no man and took on any opponent with a smile and drove the pace of every fight with crazy judo flips, jj, and striking.

Has anyone else noticed a change in him lately?

It could just be that he's getting older and wants his opportunity to shine, but its still disapointing nonetheless.

Post #1   12/2/07 1:06:06AM   

John_Jobber

MMA Regular

John_Jobber Avatar

Career:430-261
Chips:

Posted by Franklinfan47

Has anyone else been disapointed with Parysian lately both inside and outside the octagon? In reference to his lackluster win over Chonan and then his remarks afterwards about having a title shot and not wanting to fight fitch and instead preferring a can. GRANTED he finished that fight with a broken hand, and GRANTED he has had some bum deals from the ufc in the past having been denied his promised title shot with Hughes once before, but "the heat" we have all grown to love is the karo who feared no man and took on any opponent with a smile and drove the pace of every fight with crazy judo flips, jj, and striking.

Has anyone else noticed a change in him lately?

It could just be that he's getting older and wants his opportunity to shine, but its still disapointing nonetheless.

#1 - He is a professional fighter. This includes making the best possible financial and professional decisions for his future. GRANTED he finished a fight with a broken hand? Seriously? So did Vera. The difference is Karo had the heart to WIN with a broken hand. He finished whether you want to give him credit for it or not.

#2 - Finishing for the average fan (us) means something completely different than someone in the Octagon. He got through the fight and got the "W". Period. I'm really sorry he didn't excite you to but he doesn't fight to excite he fights to win. I agree he should have looked into the camera and said "FranklinFan47 - this one's for you!"

#3 - Yes I have noticed a change in him lately, he's grown up. Mentally. He's looking out for his future physically and fiscally. And keep looking out for him in the future. He's 25 and here to stay.

Post #2   12/2/07 4:09:01AM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:
Yeah, I cant knock him for having a couple decisions after the resume that he has put together... Also, I dont support the recent ideas that if a fighter wins by decision, it isnt a real win. Thats just getting out of hand.

Post #3   12/2/07 5:54:12AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
Most of the best fights this year have been fights that went to a desicion, so i dont think winning a desicion is any less impressive than winning in any other way. However, i was suprised when he actually came out and said he wanted to fight a can, i mean cmon thats just stupid. I cant beleive he was saying oh yeah i can beat fitch 8 out of 10 times unless somthing goes wrong, so i dont want to fight him! If Tim Sylvia had of said "oh i no i could knock brandon vera out, but i want a title shot so id rather fight a can please" their would be dozens of threads everywhere about how sylvia is ducking the fight! By the time hughes and gsp have fought, then a break for the winner to fight fitch, then another break, serra could be back (not sure wether hed of healed by then) and if he is hel surley fight the interm champ, that leaves karo out for mabeys another year! I think he needs to fight at least sombody on the level of mabeys josh koscheck over that period.

Post #4   12/2/07 8:56:11AM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,636-1,440
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by John_Jobber

#1 - He is a professional fighter. This includes making the best possible financial and professional decisions for his future. GRANTED he finished a fight with a broken hand? Seriously? So did Vera. The difference is Karo had the heart to WIN with a broken hand. He finished whether you want to give him credit for it or not.

#2 - Finishing for the average fan (us) means something completely different than someone in the Octagon. He got through the fight and got the "W". Period. I'm really sorry he didn't excite you to but he doesn't fight to excite he fights to win. I agree he should have looked into the camera and said "FranklinFan47 - this one's for you!"

#3 - Yes I have noticed a change in him lately, he's grown up. Mentally. He's looking out for his future physically and fiscally. And keep looking out for him in the future. He's 25 and here to stay.

I think you guys took what I was saying wrong. I wasn't knocking him for winning by decisions. I could care less how he wins as long as it's exciting.

#1 I did give him credit for winning with a broken hand. Perhaps you should read my post before reacting.

#2 He certainly doesnt need to be exciting to win. But he certainly does need to be exciting if he wishes to remain on the main cards. "FranklinFan47-this one's for you!" that made me laugh, thanks, it made my day. Many fighters wish to put on a good show for the fans, Karo at one time included. Some don't, and thats fine, but it was disapointing when we're usually pumped to see Karo do his thing in the ring and throw some guy around with a sweet judo throw.

#3 This point, like many of your points, have nothing to do with what I was saying. But hell, I'll respond anyways. He certainly has seemed to grow up, and he certainly is here to stay. The fact that he's grown up has nothing to do with the fact that his comments about dodging the Fitch fight were disapointing for the fans to read. We would of liked to see that fight happen.

Post #5   12/2/07 9:49:13AM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,043-1,044
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I think that Karo " i'm sorry for my performance " Parisyan will never be the champ .

When you are always apologizing at the end witth a win or a lose , you are not very convincing .

he will never beat Hughes, GSP , Fitch or even Kos.

he will continue to believe that he can beat everybody but he will never actually beat them.

his place is like between #7 and #10 and he will stay there i guess.

some top young fighter will arrive soon and he will desapear for the top 10.

it is sad for him but i don't see him as good as he think he is.

Last edited 12/2/07 11:46AM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   12/2/07 11:43:08AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
It's gonna take him longer to get a title shot if he wants to wait it out and fight cans. Maybe someone will get impressive wins and move ahead of him in title contention while he sits back fighting nobodies. If he fights Fitch and wins he would definitely get a title shot quicker. Who cares if there's a chance he loses. It's like Chuck. When he fought Babalu the first time he could have lost his title shot if he lost. UFC even told him he didn't have to do it. But he took the fight anyway and KO'd him. That's what Karo should do IMO.

Last edited 12/2/07 12:07PM server time by Boo_Radley21
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   12/2/07 12:06:37PM   

fullerene

MMA Sensei

fullerene Avatar

Career:1,532-942
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
Karo Parisian has yet to show me he can beat a good wrestler. The ones he's faced (Sanchez, Sherk and GSP) he has always lost to. It's no wonder he doesn't want to face Fitch but until he beats someone like that I don't think he should be in the title picture.

I don't know why he doesn't do any judo throws anymore. It was the only part of his game that was exciting and with that gone it's a reminder that he's basically a lay and pray fighter. That shouldn't be held against him if he keeps on winning but I don't really care to watch any more of his fights.

Post #8   12/2/07 12:11:00PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I personally love Karo and find him exciting to watch, I realize it takes a certain kind and that's prob'ly why he won't get the shot. It doesn't matter that he could prob'ly win the rematch w/ Diego and would stand a 50/50 shot against the top 3. He isn't seen as real sellable and I think that's why he's kept out of the pic now. He's still so humble that when he dec's a guy he apologizes, I don't think that's a bad thing but it doesn't sell well.

Post #9   12/2/07 3:59:26PM   

faille

MMA Regular

faille Avatar

Career:450-252
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
I think he deserves a shot, but he will need to train really hard for GSP or Hughes. He's a great fighter and I hope he gets his shot.

Post #10   12/2/07 4:26:30PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by fullerene

Karo Parisian has yet to show me he can beat a good wrestler. The ones he's faced (Sanchez, Sherk and GSP) he has always lost to. It's no wonder he doesn't want to face Fitch but until he beats someone like that I don't think he should be in the title picture.

I don't know why he doesn't do any judo throws anymore. It was the only part of his game that was exciting and with that gone it's a reminder that he's basically a lay and pray fighter. That shouldn't be held against him if he keeps on winning but I don't really care to watch any more of his fights.

Did you not watch the Burkman fight or not even know they fought? Josh Burkman= Good wrestler. Not great but good one and Karo was Judo throwing him all over the place. In the Sanchez fight he was Judo throwing the shit out of Sanchez too and would have one if he didn't gas that 3rd round.

He had shitty striking and we all said he needs to improve that to be an elite fighter and deserve a title shot. Sure enough the next person he fights after Sanchez he destroys on the feet and on the ground. He beats Burkman on the feet and on the ground.

His conditioning has gotten a lot better since the Sanchez fight. Finishing isn't everything when your exciting like he is. It was one freakin fight. Every other fight he's been in has been an absolute war and for one fight he's lay and prey and you guys want to diss him on that?

Bullsh*t. He's exciting. He's entertaining. Everybodies pissed he's not finishing fights. Look at UFC 76. Be pissed at all them fighters and the UFC for guranteeing KO's and we didn't get one!!!

Ryo Chonann is no pushover. Karo did what he had to do to win. Karo is easily a top 5 fighter. He hung with GSP in I believe his 2nd UFC fight. If thats not a freakin accomplishment I'll go shoot myself.

He would destroy Matt Hughes on the feet and with his Judo. I think him and Kos would be an absolute war. Basically slugging on the feet and the ground match up would be phenomenal. Him vs Fitch would be a WAR but Fitch is a better version of Diego to me so I think he would win. He would beat Diego in a rematch. I think he could give GSP problems.

Post #11   12/2/07 4:35:36PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Career:376-170
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500
his place is like between #7 and #10 and he will stay there i guess.

Lol.. That's exactly where I have him.. Right at #7. With Davis at #8, Alves as #9, and #10 Lytle. I need to find someone to replace Lytle seeing as he loss, but that's beside the point.

Post #12   12/2/07 7:49:02PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
The funny thing is he is either very confused or just really naive, if he really thinks they wont want to have another #1 contender for 9 months then he is mental!!!

Interim title winner VS Serra around April, so the next title fight after that will be around August time, they will want, make that NEED, to have a decent co main event #1 contender fight sometime around April and it WILL be Karo VS Fitch

Post #13   12/3/07 6:44:34AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by fullerene

Karo Parisyan has yet to show me he can beat a good wrestler. The ones he's faced (Sanchez, Sherk and GSP) he has always lost to. It's no wonder he doesn't want to face Fitch but until he beats someone like that I don't think he should be in the title picture.

More or less I agree. He used to be fun to watch. Decision or no decision, just to see him throwing guys around was great to watch.

IMO, he has really declined on and off the mat since the Sanchez loss. There are few if any throws in his fights because either fighters have figured out how to neutralize them or he is less confindent about committing to one. He has also been saying a lot of un-classy things after fights and on his TUF appearance. All in all he doesn't seem to be evolving along with the rest of the top fighters in the division.

As Fullerene said he has become a basic lay 'n pray fighter. I agree, but I think it is more clinch and pray. He uses his judo threat to keep a fighter in a more defensive mode in the clinch, yet his submissions and stand-up are not good enough to finish the fight before 15 mins are up. I think he'll be very vulnerable to a wresler with a good shoot and GnP.

I am sorry, I usually do not knock fighters for decision wins, but you have to abmit that something is strange when nine of your last ten fights have ended by decision.

All in all I think that Karo does not deserve a title shot until he beats two top 5 fighters and one of those fights must not go to decision. If he cannot do that, he will continue to get decision wins over gatekeepers (ranked 10th-15th) in the WW division.

Post #14   12/3/07 9:26:06AM   

rabbit915

In Full Mount

rabbit915 Avatar

Career:2,011-1,129
Chips:
I understand why Karo doesnt want to fight Fitch, he doesnt want to lose how close he is to a title shot. He thinks hes next in line when the GSP-Hughes-Serra triangle gets figured out.

Unfortunately, hes ranked behind Fitch right now and if he doesnt fight til late spring or summer even he will continue to slide down the rankings to somewhere around 7-10 probaly and then he will have to work his way to near contender again.

He needs to fight Fitch to soldify his contender status.

Post #15   12/3/07 11:46:26AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2