Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rich Franklin vs. Jason Mac

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Career:891-471
Chips:
I dont think there is a way for J-Mac to win this foght standing= no chance, on the ground rich has better jiu jitsu then he does so he wont be pulling off a sub, plus i dont think he will be able to take down franklin in the first place.

Which means a quick nights work for Franklin tko round 1

ps give me props

Post #16   2/11/07 8:06:09PM   

eiredave

Banned

Career:13-18
Chips:
give the man a chance bet ye tought ed and lieben would knock him out but he destroyed them 2 tapouts all in 1st rounds has rich got the get up and go after his anoyalation plus why is ufc giving him such hard fights silva is top striker in his division and mcdonald made short work of his last 2 fights does rich have many fights left on his contract my guess expect to see the last of rich the ACE franklin his about to get rivered

Post #17   2/12/07 4:09:41AM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Chips:

Posted by eiredave

give the man a chance bet ye tought ed and lieben would knock him out but he destroyed them 2 tapouts all in 1st rounds has rich got the get up and go after his anoyalation plus why is ufc giving him such hard fights silva is top striker in his division and mcdonald made short work of his last 2 fights does rich have many fights left on his contract my guess expect to see the last of rich the ACE franklin his about to get rivered

Your kidding right,, there is a big difference between beating leben and herman then a top ten formorly #1 compettetor. Look at it this way J-Mac got dominiated standing for a round in a half against leben before finally getting the takedown which he was going for the whole time, if he had such a hard time taking Chris down he wont out wrestle Franklin, plus he has no standup and his jiu jitsu and ground game isnt on the same level as franklins even with those two submission wins. So this fight probably wont even hit the mat is rich dosent want it to thats just imo. But i cant belive your talking about seeing the last of Rich Franklin after he lost ONCE to imo the best middleweight in the world i dont think the ufcs going to cut him loose even if he loses to macdonald

Im not even really a Franklin fan im just looking at the facts.

Post #18   2/12/07 4:11:59PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:
Jason Macdonald looked good against Ed Herman but was not impressive against Leben. He struggled until he locked in the modified guillotine. Rich Franklin has excellent jiu jitsu, and his stand up is is very precise. Ace will win this fight from any position.

Post #19   2/12/07 5:38:58PM   

eiredave

Banned

Chips:

Posted by the-james

Posted by eiredave

Your kidding right,, there is a big difference between beating leben and herman then a top ten formorly #1 compettetor. Look at it this way J-Mac got dominiated standing for a round in a half against leben before finally getting the takedown which he was going for the whole time, if he had such a hard time taking Chris down he wont out wrestle Franklin, plus he has no standup and his jiu jitsu and ground game isnt on the same level as franklins even with those two submission wins. So this fight probably wont even hit the mat is rich dosent want it to thats just imo. But i cant belive your talking about seeing the last of Rich Franklin after he lost ONCE to imo the best middleweight in the world i dont think the ufcs going to cut him loose even if he loses to macdonald

Post #20   2/13/07 6:14:18AM   

BabbyHughes

MMA Regular

BabbyHughes Avatar

Career:623-389
Camp: Slackers
Chips:

Posted by kaduey

Jason Macdonald looked good against Ed Herman but was not impressive against Leben. He struggled until he locked in the modified guillotine. Rich Franklin has excellent jiu jitsu, and his stand up is is very precise. Ace will win this fight from any position.

Ok, so just looking from facts. Nate Quarry looked good against Pete Sell, Lodune SIncaid, and Shonie Carter. He TKO'd all three of them, before he fought Franklin. I see what you are saying, but I disagree.

Franklin will take this one, the only chance Mac has is grappling

Post #21   2/13/07 3:11:54PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by BabbyHughes

Posted by kaduey

Ok, so just looking from facts. Nate Quarry looked good against Pete Sell, Lodune SIncaid, and Shonie Carter. He TKO'd all three of them, before he fought Franklin. I see what you are saying, but I disagree.

Franklin will take this one, the only chance Mac has is grappling

I don't even think he has the grappling advantage, Franklin trains with Hughesm Horn, Gurgel. All top-notch grappler's. Other than a short stint with Randy I haven't heard of Mac training with people of that caliber. No desrespect to Mac, I think he's on the rise, but not ready for Ace.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #22   2/13/07 3:22:48PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
IMO, J-Mac is about to jump into the deep end when fights Rich.

Not to generalize guys from the TUF show, but just because they are well known does not necessarily make them good competition. IMO, the only reason he was an underdog is because he had less noteriety...

I think it's an opportunity that he has to take, but that he bit off a little more than he can chew.

Post #23   2/13/07 6:35:54PM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kaduey

exactly

Last edited 2/13/07 9:27PM server time by the-james
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #24   2/13/07 9:27:22PM   

the-james

Standup Guy

the-james Avatar

Chips:

Posted by eiredave

umm okay

Post #25   2/13/07 9:28:36PM   

eiredave

Banned

Chips:
um ok ????????????????

Post #26   2/14/07 3:16:20PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2