Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rich Franklin vs. Jason Mac

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:
I think this fight is going to be a good match up for Rich, but if it goes to the ground, which I do see it heading, I think Jason might have an edge over Rich. But I do see Rich coming out on top, possibly the third round. Because Jason got's a good chin and I think he'll be able to hang with Rich's punches and will be going for the takedown.

Post #1   2/10/07 12:19:18PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,796-1,566
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I really doubt that JMac will beat Franklin, just because of the fact that Franklin is a much better fighter than the two TUFers that JMac has beat. I agree, if it goes to the ground JMac has a chance, but i really doubt that he will get it there, and even if he does, who knows if he can finish Franklin.

Post #2   2/10/07 12:36:41PM   

skiba97

Banned

Career:60-34
Chips:
i think if it goes to the ground mac will have a hard time getting a sub, the only way i see him winning is getting it to the ground and holding out for a desicion. Im going for franklin round 2 tko.

Post #3   2/10/07 1:11:17PM   

ufcisbeast101

Banned

Career:15-10
Chips:
ground or standing rich is better lol
mac beat 2 tuffers lol rich aint no tuffer
first round ko for franklin

Last edited 2/10/07 1:37PM server time by ufcisbeast101
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   2/10/07 1:37:27PM   

ElGuapo31

Learning to Sprawl

ElGuapo31 Avatar

Career:97-60
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
jason has looked really good in his last two fights...but rich isnt a redheaded whiny bitch...franklin is obviously embarassed over losing the title and is going to take it out on him...im expecting a first round TKO

Post #5   2/10/07 1:52:17PM   

strikefirstgear

MMA Regular

strikefirstgear Avatar

Career:54-37
Camp: StrikeFirstGear
Chips:
Mac Donald has no stand up game. He is good on the ground but he has to get ahold of Franklin to get there. I dont see that happening but even if it does Franklin is no slouch on the ground. If Rich can't submit him he can surely control MacDonald long enough to get back to his feet. Then its back to square one for MacDonad. Losing game for Jason.

KO round one for Franklin.

Post #6   2/10/07 1:58:53PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,522-1,450
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
the only thing i really worry about for rich here is that if the fight does get a little long(2 or more rounds) that nose of his is gonna be an issue, it's not easy at all to go into your first match after having broken your nose so badly it required surgery. I don't expect rich to let it get out of the first but if he starts breathing heavy and he can't get the kind of oxygen he used to he might get a little nervous and make a mistake. still i gotta say rich in 1.

Last edited 2/10/07 2:02PM server time by cowcatcher

Post #7   2/10/07 2:02:09PM   

richieb19

MMA Sensei

richieb19 Avatar

Career:239-153
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

the only thing i really worry about for rich here is that if the fight does get a little long(2 or more rounds) that nose of his is gonna be an issue, it's not easy at all to go into your first match after having broken your nose so badly it required surgery. I don't expect rich to let it get out of the first but if he starts breathing heavy and he can't get the kind of oxygen he used to he might get a little nervous and make a mistake. still i gotta say rich in 1.

Very good point, apperantly he says it's as good as new, but you never really know till it gets hit again... even if it does break badly again, I'm sure Rich can and will keep his composure just like he did when he got his foot injured from Shamrock and his hand Broken with Loiseau...

I like Jason MacDonald, and he has tons of potential, but I don't think it's a good idea for him to fight someone of Franklin's calibur just yet... a matchup with Kendal Grove would have made more sence for JMac since hes already beaten 2 TUF fighters, it would have helped him build his name up a bit more...

Prediction: Franklin via brutal TKO, Rd. 1

Post #8   2/10/07 2:07:06PM   

jocksmall

In Full Mount

Career:213-134
Chips:
no disrespect intended towards j mac he has looked really good but for me the issue is how does rich deal with the beating and loss of his title. if he mentally deals with that and puts it behind him this will be a good win for him. if he faces adversity early in this fight it could be bad for him. i am from ky and will be cheering for franklin to win.

Post #9   2/10/07 6:42:09PM   

BabbyHughes

MMA Regular

BabbyHughes Avatar

Career:623-389
Chips:
I see this fight as Rich completely overwhelming Jason Macdonald on the feet and the ground. I dont know much about Rich's wrestling, but I know that Jason has some good wrestling and grappling.

Rich is coming off of a big loss and I think he will bring alot of intensity to this fight. I would have to say Rich Franklin second round TKO. First round will be RIch punching Macdonald standing and on the ground til the bell rings .

Post #10   2/10/07 6:50:36PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
If Rich ends up on top on the ground he should do fine. This is probably the best place J-mac is gonna catch him in a sub though. If J-mac gets on top of Rich the pace will prob slow a bit and there will be a few shots b4 the fighters are stood up. Even though Macdonald has good striking i cant say it is in the same class as franklings. J-macs best hope is that he takes Rich down and Rich Turns him over.
Ps War Macdonald.
Jason By sub Round 1

Post #11   2/10/07 6:54:27PM   

argile

MMA Regular

argile Avatar

Career:103-59
Camp: Kamikaze
Chips:
this has potential to be an awesome fight. they should of put Hughes against Sanchez or Parisyan on this card.

Post #12   2/10/07 7:58:18PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Chips:

Posted by argile

this has potential to be an awesome fight. they should of put Hughes against Sanchez or Parisyan on this card.

completely agree... Karo and Hughes would of been awsome. I don't know the reason why they didn't, but it should of happened.

Post #13   2/10/07 11:03:56PM   

Gogoplata

Standup Guy

Gogoplata Avatar

Career:83-45
Chips:

Posted by aceprone

Posted by argile

completely agree... Karo and Hughes would of been awsome. I don't know the reason why they didn't, but it should of happened.

They have Hughes fighting a creampuff in Lytle so he can have a warmup for a rematch with GSP. Hughes, next to Liddell, is one of the UFC's golden boys and they will not risk a fight against Karo or Diego, just like they wouldn't risk Rich Franklin fighting someone like Kendall Grove.

Like it or not, Ace has his hands full with McDonald. I think McDonald will force Rich to show us that he does have a ground game. Those who think Rich will win by first round KO are in for a surprise, I believe.

Last edited 2/10/07 11:50PM server time by Gogoplata

Post #14   2/10/07 11:49:48PM   

OchoCinco

MMA Regular

OchoCinco Avatar

Career:1,144-715
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I think it just depends if this is a ground or stand up fight. I see Rich getting the KO but if JMac is able to take him down, anything can happen.

Post #15   2/11/07 8:47:10AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2