Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Not Surprisingly...

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

npayant

I've gained some weight...

npayant Avatar

Career:1,859-934
Chips:
I check my Secondary league last night at around 10 pm, and all my picks are set and ready to go....

I check this morning (when the card has been closed), and there was a fight added...

This is getting stupid....

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #1   12/1/07 12:18:39PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:
Dude, calm down. If you look at the stats only 137 people picked this fight.

Post #2   12/1/07 12:25:35PM   

npayant

npayant Avatar

Chips:
I don't care....

It happens every card in the secondary league....

At some point, they should cut off the time they can slip in a fight at the last minute...

I know it's not the site admins. fault that fights are added to the card at the last minute, but that doesn't mean they need to add it to the card when nearly no one is going to see it...

Last edited 12/1/07 12:29PM server time by npayant
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   12/1/07 12:28:30PM   

Tombsuprat

MMA Regular

Tombsuprat Avatar

Career:1,398-826
Chips:
I actully put in the ticket for that Card Update at around 8pm EST and they deleted the fight immediately but it took a good 4 hours for them to add the new one.

Post #4   12/1/07 12:31:40PM   

JuggaloWarrior878

Juggalo 4 Life

JuggaloWarrior878 Avatar

Career:3,776-2,376
Camp: Hatchet House
Chips:
ya i usually check at like 3 in the morining just to make sure. and if theyve added fights i tell the people in my fightcamp.

Post #5   12/4/07 1:48:46AM   

emfleek

Your Mom Is A Whore

emfleek Avatar

Career:3,180-1,718
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Clearly this is the end of the world as we know it.

Post #6   12/4/07 9:07:47AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by npayant

I don't care....

At some point, they should cut off the time they can slip in a fight at the last minute...

I know it's not the site admins. fault that fights are added to the card at the last minute, but that doesn't mean they need to add it to the card when nearly no one is going to see it...

Cards change. If you didnt notice it why should the admin.
There is a link you can click to show that a card has been updated.

Post #7   12/4/07 8:42:19PM   

Art_Vandelay

Learning to Sprawl

Art_Vandelay Avatar

Career:416-249
Camp: Vandelay Industries
Chips:

Posted by wolfman

Dude, calm down. If you look at the stats only 137 people picked this fight.

Including yourself. And most of the others on the points leaderboard right now.

Add to it that this was a gimme pick, in the sense that literally everyone given the chance to pick, would select Buchanan as the obvious favorite.

That's 5-11 points taken from everyone who is really in the running, after the fact. I'm sure if Buchanan had lost, we could all agree that this was pretty much a non-issue, since few, if any, of the points leaders would have picked against him in this match-up. That was not the case, however.

I don't think people should be expected to camp out on their computers, especially for a fight of such incredible disinterest.

I don't know when the fight went up, but if it really was added after 10pm EST and the card locked up in the morning, I'd scrap the fight for everyone.

Post #8   12/5/07 1:02:39PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Posted by npayant

I don't care....

Cards change. If you didnt notice it why should the admin.
There is a link you can click to show that a card has been updated.

Because we're suppose to be at our computers 24 hours a day. Didn't you know that????

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #9   12/5/07 3:56:10PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,254
Chips:
If its less than 12 hours before the cut-off time, a fight won't be added, but 12 hours should be enough time for everyone to get the picks in.

The secondary league is the most hectic for changing fight cards, so you gotta be on your toes. Thats also why our Primary league is just the UFC, as they're the only org that doesn't seem throw four fights on a card without telling anyone.

Like I said though, if you check the fight picks 12 hours beforehand, it should be finalized.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #10   12/6/07 2:29:23AM   

BerndRealBad

MMA Regular

BerndRealBad Avatar

Career:1,068-556
Chips:
Funnily enough, if my computer was working at the time and I made that pick, got it for the full points, I'd be in second place overall by 1 point. Huh...oh well.

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #11   12/7/07 12:05:04AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by BerndRealBad

Funnily enough, if my computer was working at the time and I made that pick, got it for the full points, I'd be in second place overall by 1 point. Huh...oh well.

Well sucks that your comp wasnt working.
Best thing to do though guys. Dont check the picks every 10 mins.
But check it 30 mins before the cut off time. Its not that hard.

Post #12   12/8/07 7:37:18PM   

Art_Vandelay

Learning to Sprawl

Art_Vandelay Avatar

Career:416-249
Camp: Vandelay Industries
Chips:
When 90% of players can't make the pick, it's safe to say inclusion of the pick serves only a select few.

The issue is made clear when you look at the opinions in this thread. Nearly everyone who is arguing is among the leaders. Those of us who lost the minimum 5 gimme points of the pick are obviously not fans of a seemingly unfair gap created by the pick, while everyone who supports inclusion of the pick gained from it, and wishes to keep their shady winnings.

Without the pick, or with full knowledge of the pick across the board, and the leaderboard would shuffle about considerably.

Post #13   12/9/07 12:38:20AM   

npayant

npayant Avatar

Chips:
I'm glad that more people are starting to voice their opinions in this thread...

Maybe the admins. will come up with something for the future to take care of this problem:

Ex. (the cut off time they (the admins) can add a fight to a card on here, no matter if the card changed at the last second, should be at least 12 hours before the event...maybe more)

This would mean people wouldn't have to stay camped out by their computers waiting for the deadline to make sure nothing changes at the last second!

Last edited 12/9/07 11:44AM server time by npayant

Post #14   12/9/07 11:43:24AM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:

Posted by Art_Vandelay

When 90% of players can't make the pick, it's safe to say inclusion of the pick serves only a select few.

The issue is made clear when you look at the opinions in this thread. Nearly everyone who is arguing is among the leaders. Those of us who lost the minimum 5 gimme points of the pick are obviously not fans of a seemingly unfair gap created by the pick, while everyone who supports inclusion of the pick gained from it, and wishes to keep their shady winnings.

Without the pick, or with full knowledge of the pick across the board, and the leaderboard would shuffle about considerably.

It is unfair and I agree that the fight should be removed since an overwhelming majority of people did not pick the fight . Yet, make sure you double check the event as there was enough time to make the pick. As said before and from previous experience you should know by now that the secondary events usually change frequently and the admins. do their best to keep the card up to date. If they take the points away, it won't affect me and others that much. So, I hope they take our "shady points" away to shut you up. I am sorry that I was able to make my pick fairly and you weren't. Remember, it is just a game

Last edited 12/9/07 12:33PM server time by wolfman

Post #15   12/9/07 12:27:49PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2