Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dorian Price vs Roman Mitchian

Print  
Who will win?
Dorian Price 12 44%
Roman Mitchian 15 56%
Posted By Message

hammerhead1

MMA Regular

hammerhead1 Avatar

Career:1,404-1,021
Chips:
Dorian Price (T)KO rd 1

Post #1   11/29/07 12:03:24PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
mitchian by submission by strikes

Post #2   11/29/07 2:41:39PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I wasn't overly impressed by price. I also wasn't overly impressed with Roman's dramatic tirade, which i beleive was for the camera. So I am going to search for more of their fights online before making a decision.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #3   11/29/07 5:04:34PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
You could just do 1 thread on all the fights instead of pushing other threads off the front page. Just a thought

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #4   11/29/07 5:05:56PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by zephead

You could just do 1 thread on all the fights instead of pushing other threads off the front page. Just a thought [/QUOTE

Its partially my fault Zep. he posted them in the wrong forum, and I just move them all over. My bad

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #5   11/29/07 5:14:16PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
i actually thought price looked alright against matt, his standup looked good but he was outclassed on the ground, i think matt will do that to a lot of guys before his career is over. i havent seen roman so i gotta go with what i have seen, and from what i have seen from dorian he isnt all that bad.

Post #6   11/29/07 5:19:55PM   

pinoymixplaya

MMA Regular

pinoymixplaya Avatar

Career:296-200
Chips:
Yeah um Dorian actually has good stand up, the fight I would've liked to have seen was Dorian against Ben just because it would be a stand up war...I really don't care to see rematch after rematch...it gets tiring after awhile. I mean Barrera looked like at one point he was doing laps around the cage...what is up with that? seriously...

Post #7   11/30/07 12:32:52AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
i think that dorian will lose because of his lack of a ground game/take down defense. i see the fight opening with dorian landing a couple of shots and then when roman has had enough, he will take him down and sub him. roman has some pretty solid JJ, i was able to watch one of his fights where he applied a nsty heel hook. i am not sure if he is a s good as matt on the ground but i still think that he is light years ahead of dorian in terms of JJ so i predict roman will just take him down and take advantage of the fact that dorian has a poor ground game.

now i am sure that people will realize that dorian has 6 submission wins and that will make a lot of people think he has good JJ, but i have seen a couple of his fights where he wins by triangle and it is nothing impressive. plus the fight with matt should show you that he just doesn't have high level JJ by any means. from what i have seen i firmly believe roman will sub dorian, but i wouldn't be that surpirsed if dorian KOs him or even subs him in a lucky submission because i really haven't seen too much of roman other than that one fight with the heel hook. even still i have to say roman by sub.

Post #8   11/30/07 12:41:22AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I wasn't overly impressed by price. I also wasn't overly impressed with Roman's dramatic tirade, which i beleive was for the camera. So I am going to search for more of their fights online before making a decision.

i agree with your post, but if its a combat sport featuring an armenian versus another fighter, i will never bet against the armenian.

those guys are beasts!

Post #9   11/30/07 4:29:22AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by loller90278

Posted by hippysmacker

i agree with your post, but if its a combat sport featuring an armenian versus another fighter, i will never bet against the armenian.

those guys are beasts!

I would heartily agree with you if he was built thicker like Karo and Manny. Anyway , I will search for them both tomorrow.

The Iron Code

Post #10   11/30/07 4:41:29AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Maybe this we'll help you hippysmacker...got it all off sherdog...

Roman

Wins(all by sub)
-Mike Penalber(3-5-0)
-Brad Mohler(2-4-1)Note one loss was too JZ by sub at HOOKnSHOOT-Live
-Bong Fedalizo(0-1-0)

Losses
-James Wilks(3-2-0) and it was his first pro fight and he won by sub

Dorian

Wins(6 by Sub, 1 by TKO)
-David Hampton(0-4-0)
-Kirk Birchum(0-5-0)
-Torrance Taylor(5-3-0) His one TKO
-Phillip Tomblin(7-3-0)
-Salazar Sanchez(0-2-0)
-Drew Longshore(0-3-0)
-Rick Emerick(0-1-0)

Losses
-Chris Liguori(7-5-0)
-Ricardo Martinez(3-4-0)

With that being said I think they are evenly matched. Both win by sub and have fought the same level competition. Yeah Dorian beat somebody who was 7-3 and 5-3 but his other wins are to crappy fighters. As for Roman NO way his little tough guy attitude fits his record. I think it was all talk.

This will be a close fight but with Dorian having sub wins and mostly a "Mauy Thai" guy.

'm picking Dorian, with the 2nd round TKO.

Last edited 11/30/07 7:34AM server time by Natedawgtham
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   11/30/07 7:33:55AM   

garrick

MMA Regular

garrick Avatar

Career:222-122
Camp: Pitbulls
Chips:
Mitchian by sub, rd 1.

Post #12   11/30/07 10:13:08AM