Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Bob Sapp signs for Cage Rage.

Print  
Posted By Message

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

After over a year’s absence from the fight game, Bob Sapp is back. Cage Rage promoter Andy Geer has confirmed that the 350-pound behemoth known as “The Beast” has signed on with Cage Rage.

“We will be releasing some more information tomorrow,” Geer told The Fight Network moments before the Cage Rage 20 press conference. “But yes, we’ve signed him.”

It has not been confirmed whether Sapp, 8-2-1, whose K-1 contract was terminated after he failed to appear for a fight with four-time K-1 World Grand Prix Champion Ernesto “Mr. Perfect” Hoost, will be moving to England, however, he will participate in the next Cage Rage 21 against an unnamed opponent.

“There’s all kinds of rumors regarding his opponent,” said an anonymous Cage Rage representative. “There’s definitely more than enough heavyweights to choose from: Butterbean, James Thompson, Mark Kerr, Mustafa Al Turk.”

The huge kickboxer-mixed martial arts competitor, best known for his larger than life personality and proportions, was spotted around the Wembley Plaza Hotel where the Cage Rage 20 weigh-ins were taking place, but was unavailable for comment.

www.thefightnetwork.com

Big news for cage rage.

Post #1   2/10/07 8:59:06AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Bad news for the MMA world. I cant stand Bob Sapp. His weapon is his size. Which i personally think is stupid. He is a SHW who constantly takes on HW-LHW fighters. I would like him to fight someone his own size like Eric Pele or Aleksander Emilenko. That would show him. Not to mention his technique is NFL.......................wtf does this mean? He just charges at guys and takes em down??? He only ever played in one NFL game.
**** sakes my friend just got fired for lying on his resume. And Bob Sapp gets Big $$$ cuz he lies on his.

Post #2   2/10/07 5:16:31PM   

Sagat_GSP12

MMA Regular

Sagat_GSP12 Avatar

Career:36-25
Chips:
Wouldn't mind seeing Cro Cop dish him out some quick punishment again though.

Post #3   2/10/07 8:33:57PM   

mmadb

MMADB.com

mmadb Avatar

Career:625-342
Chips:
Sapp falls into the Freak Show category for me. I think he sucks but I still love watching him fight. He's no Giant Silva though, he's the ultimate Freak Show!

Post #4   2/10/07 10:36:00PM   

aceprone

Standup Guy

aceprone Avatar

Career:1,037-635
Camp: Slackers
Chips:

Posted by mmadb

Sapp falls into the Freak Show category for me. I think he sucks but I still love watching him fight. He's no Giant Silva though, he's the ultimate Freak Show!

one on steroids for that matter.

Post #5   2/10/07 11:06:38PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
I would like to see him fight Mark Kerr and James Thompson.

Post #6   2/11/07 8:10:27AM   

amik

MMA Regular

amik Avatar

Career:71-38
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
A new freak to the cage rage roster...

BOOOOOOOHHHH

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #7   2/11/07 9:22:01AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

Bad news for the MMA world. I cant stand Bob Sapp. His weapon is his size. Which i personally think is stupid. He is a SHW who constantly takes on HW-LHW fighters. I would like him to fight someone his own size like Eric Pele or Aleksander Emilenko. That would show him. Not to mention his technique is NFL.......................wtf does this mean? He just charges at guys and takes em down??? He only ever played in one NFL game.
**** sakes my friend just got fired for lying on his resume. And Bob Sapp gets Big $$$ cuz he lies on his.

I'm sure he doesn't pick his opponents himself.

Post #8   2/15/07 11:27:00PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by madmarck

I'm sure he doesn't pick his opponents himself.

But i heard he made millions fighting in K-1. That may be highly inflated but K-1 fighters get a shitload of pay. Bob Sapp doesn't have a style yet and all he can do it get in a guard and pound on someone. I wish he would learn to strike or even pass guard. I don't mind watching fighters who have even some skill. But Bob Sapp is boderline freakshow. Not to mention his anntics are ridicuilous.

Post #9   2/16/07 9:20:54AM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by nate22

After over a year’s absence from the fight game, Bob Sapp is back. Cage Rage promoter Andy Geer has confirmed that the 350-pound behemoth known as “The Beast” has signed on with Cage Rage.

“We will be releasing some more information tomorrow,” Geer told The Fight Network moments before the Cage Rage 20 press conference. “But yes, we’ve signed him.”

It has not been confirmed whether Sapp, 8-2-1, whose K-1 contract was terminated after he failed to appear for a fight with four-time K-1 World Grand Prix Champion Ernesto “Mr. Perfect” Hoost, will be moving to England, however, he will participate in the next Cage Rage 21 against an unnamed opponent.

“There’s all kinds of rumors regarding his opponent,” said an anonymous Cage Rage representative. “There’s definitely more than enough heavyweights to choose from: Butterbean, James Thompson, Mark Kerr, Mustafa Al Turk.”

The huge kickboxer-mixed martial arts competitor, best known for his larger than life personality and proportions, was spotted around the Wembley Plaza Hotel where the Cage Rage 20 weigh-ins were taking place, but was unavailable for comment.

www.thefightnetwork.com

Big news for cage rage.

i hate copy/pasting links

ps...that yoda dog kicks ass!!!

Last edited 2/16/07 10:20AM server time by Trapt1nw0nder
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   2/16/07 10:18:44AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I would laugh my butt-off if Butterbean Koed him. I'll never forget him falling to the floor and crying when Cro-cop liver kicked him.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #11   2/16/07 8:59:52PM   

D-Boy

MMA Regular

D-Boy Avatar

Career:264-172
Chips:
They've signed Sapp and a lot of the big name UK guys for cage rage 21 and I am REALLY surprised tat Dana white hasn't snapped them up for his ufc that night. Daley, Abdul, Zikic, Weir, Epstien, Reid of the UK guys. Also with the rumor of Vitor Belfort fighting that night I can see a lot of the UK fans going to cage rage instead of the UFC that night.

Post #12   2/17/07 7:38:55AM