Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Quotes From Monday's UFC Press Conference Annoucing Georges St. Pierre as Matt Serra's Replacement

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,891-1,581
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The following are quotes from Monday's UFC press conference:

Dana White: "If this were boxing, the event would've been canceled.I have nothing but respect for these two [Matt Hughes and Georges St. Pierre] for stepping up. Nobody was knocking down our door to fight Hughes on short notice, except for St. Pierre."

Link

Last edited 1/8/08 5:07PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   11/27/07 10:29:51AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,891-1,581
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
For the lazy folks, who don't have an hour to burn

Post #2   11/27/07 10:45:14AM   

MMAnomale

MMA Regular

MMAnomale Avatar

Career:155-77
Chips:
In a way, I wanted to see Hughes/Serra, because I wanted Serra to win so GSP could have a rematch with Serra and beat him. However, this is a better match. This will be the third time they've fought. The first time, GSP was doing well until he got caught in an arm bar. The second, GSP dominated.
I think this time, they both kind of know what to expect from the other and it will be interesting to see what their game plans are. Will GSP use his kicks, or be afraid of being taken down if he does? However, GSP has showed how good of a wrestler and grappler he is against a few opponents including Sherk and Kos. This will be a damn good fight and I wish Serra a speedy recovery.
If GSP beats Hughes, I doubt they'll let Hughes fight Serra when he gets healthy, therefore GSP may get that rematch, and then the next contenders should be either Karo or Fitch. Maybe they could fight for the next shot.

Post #3   11/27/07 11:09:26AM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
I suspect that at the end of the day, we're only going to see serra/hughes or gsp/serra. Whoever wins between gsp/hughes still has to unite the titles with serra.. its probably gonna be a much closer fight than people are thinking, and whoever wins that fight is going to absolutely destroy serra. For me.. seeing gsp vs hughes in a 5 round war and seeing serra's b*tchass get punished into retirement is all i wanted to see.

Post #4   11/27/07 11:46:16AM   

JWest12

MMA Regular

JWest12 Avatar

Career:440-254
Camp: Pitbulls
Chips:
I agree that whoever wins will destryo serra.I tihnk most people do. My money, well i'm not sure enough to bet on it, but at least my pick is set for GSP.

Post #5   11/27/07 11:47:41PM