Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Matt Serra Promises To Return

Print  
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
After all the talk and a reality show that fueled a rivalry, Matt Serra had to drop out of his title defense against Matt Hughes due to a devastating back injury that will keep the Ultimate Fighting Championship titleholder out of action at least through his December fight date.

He spoke exclusively to MMAWeekly.com about the injury and the upcoming bout between Hughes and Georges St-Pierre.

LINK

Last edited 1/8/08 5:08PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   11/27/07 7:52:53AM   

babytater03

In Full Mount

babytater03 Avatar

Career:1,007-642
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I'd like to hear those reasons he'd rather fight Hughes than GSP.

Post #2   11/27/07 8:41:00AM   

Ogre365

MMA Regular

Career:84-60
Chips:
Because he absolutely hates Hughes with a passion. Can't blame him either Hughes always seems to have that demeanor of "I am human perfection and you're all garbage." He is one of the best fighters in the world in my opinion, but he is also one of the biggest egocentric, hypocritical dicks in the world.

Post #3   11/27/07 6:29:42PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
I hope he can come back, in proper shape. He's not as good as his last fight showed, unless you believe someone is only as good as their last fight, but he is very talented. He's been taking this so seriously since getting the opportunity he did. He doesn't want to waste either the chance to be a good champ or to beat up matt hughes (no saying he def would, but that's what he wants to do).

Post #4   11/27/07 7:26:28PM