Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 81 "BREAKING POINT" - 2nd FEBRUARY - Fight Card Discussion

Print  
Mir -VS- Lesnar ...... Who Wins And How?
Mir KO/TKO 5 4%
Lesnar KO/TKO 34 28%
Mir SUBMISSION 70 57%
Lesnar SUBMISSION 5 4%
Mir DECISION 2 2%
Lesnar DECISION 6 5%
  Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by MondayNiteMauser

Lesnar will end it early by ground and pound. Mir is a big name the ufc set up for a big loss.

LOL thats a pretty funny quote when you think about it properly, like does the UFC plans always go to plan? serra/gonzaga/kongo/jardine think not

Post #31   12/8/07 4:10:20PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,693-1,472
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Anyone else think tomasz drwzl (i know I butchered his name) can take David Heath?

Post #32   12/9/07 5:05:15PM   

thebestout

Learning to Sprawl

Career:693-436
Camp: M Town Hard Hitters
Chips:
MondayNite is right. Even if things don't always go to plan they still are THE PLAN. Plus you said Serra. Why would the UFC mind GSP losing to the guy off the reality show? That's great for the UFC. I guess it was just a bad example on your part. No big deal though. He is right in my opinion for this reason. Mir is a big name who will probably get beat by Lesnar. They wouldn't put their new big investment who is fairly new to the sport in against a guy unless they had a good idea he should take the win. Mir is the perfect opponent for the reason that they can set up an easy win and make it seem like they are setting up a mega match.

Last edited 12/11/07 4:02AM server time by thebestout
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #33   12/10/07 12:00:52AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:
thats what the UFC want but to say it will definately happen cos of that is silly imo, this fight is 50/50 and thats a fact, you have a guy who is green with unknown sub defence going up against a guy who has ace BJJ, they will go to that position almost immediately and then its just a case of whether Brock can GnP and not get caught, tough to call imho

Yep Drwal can beat Heath, its a bit of a pick'em fight as well tbh, will be a brawl for sure

Post #34   12/11/07 7:24:04AM   

KYGUY07

In Full Mount

KYGUY07 Avatar

Career:896-560
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
i dont know which way to go with mir and lesnar, kinda leaning towards mir

Post #35   12/11/07 1:28:40PM   

EyedZero

Learning to Sprawl

EyedZero Avatar

Career:42-54
Chips:
People often see Brock as a WWE muscle head, poor acting, not as graceful as some of the lighter more acrobaticaly skilled dudes he competed with.

And yes, he's sloppy, hurts people with disregard concerning his power...I think he will not only beat Mir, but humiliate him just to prove a point.
Then lets hope Dana buys Kimbo Slice so we can have some Hercules wars, Bob Sapp vs Lesnar would be pretty cool as well....

Why cant I delete my account on this site??? Here's my final attempt....**** you, cheap ass mma ******* site, **** Brock Lesnar, **** Kayzer Sozez and **** the ************* Diaz brothers

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #36   12/11/07 2:14:12PM   

sberlan

Learning to Sprawl

sberlan Avatar

Career:64-28
Camp: Camp Berlan
Chips:
i think lesner should stick to Wrestling, leave the MMA alone

Post #37   12/11/07 6:02:58PM   

The-Don

Belt Contender

The-Don Avatar

Career:583-418
Camp: Savage Nation MMA
Chips:
OK what I see in the picture is a Brock that has been training for MMA and not the WWE. In the WWE he was paid to have big muscles, which he used HGH for, and to look big scary and mean. He looks more like he did is some of his collegite wrestling pictures. A man ready to compete and fight not to put on a show. 2 different styles of training and I think brock looks ready. Mir is a great competitor and will be a good challenge for Brock. If brock looses maybe he is not cut out for MMA or needs more training depending on how he looses to determine that. If he is just destroyed. Go back to the WWE. if it is a decision split or otherwise. Get back into the MMA gym and train harder. Now if brock wins it shows yea perhaps he does belong here. 2 fights is not enough to determine. but that would give him a 2-0 record if he wins. his only thing is he has not amature fights under his belt so he lacks experience. But again with his wrestling background and all its not like he does not know how to prepare for a fight this is just a bit more involved. I think Mir has more to lose. BRock is young. Win or lose he still has options he is a great athlete. FRank has been around a bit. BRock has the strength and power to really hurt someone. Imagine being in an kimora arm bar. WOuld you rather have brock or nearly anyone else applying it. I don't care who you are brock could easily break an elbow. I'd like to see both guys win for different reasons. but my choice is BRock. I think he will win it. And I think the UFC is going to push him hard into a title shot with in 3 years. THough that may also be Brocks downfall. Espically if the UFC can aquire FEdor down the road. That would be a battle I think.

Post #38   12/11/07 6:57:23PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:
about the way Brock looks

I could see this happening again, Brock is prolly more green than Williams!

But of course all 3 of Franks losses have been by TKO via GnP, freeman pounded on a gassed frank as he tried in vain for a sub, cruz cut him badly and beat on him til it was stopped, and vera dropped him with a knee but then frank turtles up and gives up getting pounded out in a crucifix position

Post #39   12/12/07 6:49:52AM   

sweeptheleg99

Learning to Sprawl

Career:522-331
Camp: Mafia
Chips:
Honestly, this fight has absolutely no interest for me. Im anticipating the Eastman vs. Martin fight more in fact.

With the main event of Sylvia vs. Nog, thats pretty much the only fight on the card worth watching at this point...maybe the Leites fight also, but thats it so far. But as this UFC is so far off, I'm sure they will change lineups about 15 times before the date.

Post #40   12/13/07 10:01:52AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,675-1,417
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i think they will add one more big fight to the card but i am not sold on lesnar he has only had one fight, and say he gets by mir that proves nothing mir is a washout has been ex champ give lesnar a name and he wins and yes i will believe the hype

Post #41   12/13/07 11:21:32AM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:
I’m going with Mir via first round submission. I think Brock might be able to get Mir down, but I think Mir will be prepared for that, and I don’t think Brock will be prepared for everything Mir might have in store for him. There’s a significant difference in MMA experience here.

The overall card’s looking pretty good so far.

Post #42   12/20/07 3:39:06AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

i think they will add one more big fight to the card

Sorry to dissapoint but they wont! The main card is already full with 5 great fights, the remaining 2 unknown prelims may turn out to be good fights but not "big" really

Post #43   12/20/07 12:10:54PM   

Riggeee

MMA Regular

Riggeee Avatar

Career:686-426
Chips:
as good as mir is on the ground u can always know that Lesnar is stronger than him so i think mir will get the UD or they could be paying Mir a lot to dive for lesnar i think the ufc cant afford to have lesnar lose this fight to big of a star.
lol

Post #44   12/21/07 12:32:14PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,675-1,417
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

Posted by prozacnation1978

i think they will add one more big fight to the card

Sorry to dissapoint but they wont! The main card is already full with 5 great fights, the remaining 2 unknown prelims may turn out to be good fights but not "big" really

and what about cheick kongo u don't think if he fights he won't make the main card????????

Post #45   12/23/07 9:38:48PM   

Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6