Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Yoshida said to be Fedor's opponent on Dec 31.

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by george112

give fedor a break he hasnt fought in a while and this would be a good fight for him to get back in the groove of things...all this talk about him not facing top comp is true but it also would be true to when you were stuck in limbo without an org

Couture was coming from 2 lost and he retired for 1 years and when he came back he fought the HW champ , he did not ask to have an easy fight to build his confidence back or to win easy money !!

No but he hand picked Tim.

Post #16   11/27/07 2:54:46PM   

rcg916

He's Back...

rcg916 Avatar

Career:523-269
Chips:

Posted by roman

I'm not in the least bit. He needs a legit top 10 heavyweight.

Id like to see it too, but who would you suggest? For the most part they are all in long term contracts, and are not realistic choices...

Post #17   11/27/07 2:57:17PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
After this fight expect to see Fedor meet, Barnett, Hunt, Overeem, Kharitonov, Yvel, someone like that. You guys are asking a company trying to make it's name off a guy to risk him against a top opponent in his first fight for the org. They need to build it up and let Fedor knock off the ring rust. If he wins this fight and then goes against another guy outside the top 15 i'll be right there with you, but right now I think it's the smartest thing to do, give him a guy that he should beat, that the japanese fans know, and that gives him a nice start for this part of his career.

Post #18   11/27/07 3:23:30PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,988-1,015
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by george112

give fedor a break he hasnt fought in a while and this would be a good fight for him to get back in the groove of things...all this talk about him not facing top comp is true but it also would be true to when you were stuck in limbo without an org

Couture was coming from 2 lost and he retired for 1 years and when he came back he fought the HW champ , he did not ask to have an easy fight to build his confidence back or to win easy money !!

No but he hand picked Tim.

I understand what you are saying, but Tim was the guy with the belt, so Couture didn't have a higher goal in the UFC at that moment !

at this moment we have :
Monson / Fedor
Choi / Fedor
Yoshida / Fedor
i forgot the other name

so, we will see ..

Last edited 11/27/07 3:30PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #19   11/27/07 3:23:55PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
At least the rumored opponents are getting better, and not worse.

Post #20   11/27/07 4:59:46PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by george112

ok so good for couture this has nothing to do with couture...this is about fedor and his fight with yoshida...an even if he does fight to win easy money so whatits his JOB this is wat he does for a living quit bashing on him for wanting to support his family and his country...and i think the only reason u brought up couture is because your bias to any other fighters that are not in the UFC

Post #21   11/27/07 5:27:22PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,475-856
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I'm happy with this fight.I would like to see Yoshida come into this fight and hold his own.People often discredit the guy,but are quick to forget he ate every shot Wanderlei Silva ever threw at him and went the distance with The Axe Murderer twice.He even gained a victory over Mark Hunt with only mediocore effort.Sure his loss to CC was embarrissing,but I think their's a lot in Yoshida's aresenal that could potentialy cause any "A" class fighter problems.Like many others,I could think of worse match ups for Fedor.

Post #22   11/27/07 5:40:34PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:1,988-1,015
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by george112

ok so good for couture this has nothing to do with couture...this is about fedor and his fight with yoshida...an even if he does fight to win easy money so whatits his JOB this is wat he does for a living quit bashing on him for wanting to support his family and his country...and i think the only reason u brought up couture is because your bias to any other fighters that are not in the UFC

Man, you should relax a little bit, i was comparing what happened with couture when he came back after being inactive for a while to show you that at this level, an easy fight is not an obligation to build up your confidence or to get back in the groove, so, you can see basshing if you want, but i can tell you that if i want to do some bassing i will be much more direct than that man . with your reaction, i think it is you who are biased in that case .

Last edited 11/27/07 5:43PM server time by tuvok500
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #23   11/27/07 5:42:23PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by george112

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by george112

Man, you should relax a little bit, i was comparing what happened with couture when he came back after being inactive for a while to show you that at this level, an easy fight is not an obligation to build up your confidence or to get back in the groove, so, you can see basshing if you want, but i can tell you that if i want to do some bassing i will be much more direct than that man . with your reaction, i think it is you who are biased in that case .

i wasnt being harsh or anything i guess it just sounded like i was being...srry...i am not biased but i do kno wat fedor has done and it just bothers me a little when people try to discredit everything hes done just becuase he didnt sign with the UFC or isnt fighting who we want him to

Post #24   11/27/07 5:48:54PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2