Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

What's up with Brock Lesnar?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:

Posted by SICKRICK

i know mrsumo cant do that your to fat........

OOH!, Ouch!, You got me. I could never match wits with one of your ilk. By the way, my 4year old called, she wants her list of insults back.

Post #16   1/29/07 10:25:05PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Actually Brock was training at Militech for a little while and apparently Hughes was tapping him out at will. So I think he may be having second thoughts on MMA

(solid source on sherdog, would post link but way too lazy)

Post #17   2/1/07 12:50:03AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Actually Brock was training at Militech for a little while and apparently Hughes was tapping him out at will. So I think he may be having second thoughts on MMA

(solid source on sherdog, would post link but way too lazy)

That is too funny. 100 lbs more of muscle and still got tapped. I don't know what's more impressive . Hughes tapping him or Lesnar not being able to power out.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #18   2/1/07 1:17:08AM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
I do believe Angle would of had the ability to do very well. As far as taking a shot to the chin, that I do not know. Angle wrestled at Clarion when my brother went there. He was a hell of a nice guy, at least then. He wrestled HW and only weighed like 220? and still dominated. He does have neck problems but I am not sure if he had them during the Olympics.

Don't know anything about Brock at this point.

Post #19   2/1/07 1:23:58AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Brock was Training with MFS during Hughes last title fight. After that he was supposed to be going somewhere to train with Royce Gracie.

Post #20   2/4/07 10:16:58AM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
For anyone interested this is very close to happening...

TNA runs monthly PPV's and in a summer PPV of this year they are planning on having Angle fight in a MMA match on their PPV. I dont know which one or if its for sure, but I heard there is a real possibility. Possible opponents include

Daniel Puder
Bob Sapp
Josh Rafferty
Sean O' Haire

There was talk about Tito Ortiz, but I believe he still is under contract with UFC (at least I hope) so that might not happen

Post #21   2/5/07 9:55:24PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
Josh Rafferty?? That kid fights at 170lb Angle is like a 250lb guy. That would be murder even if Angle didnt Train BJJ for it.

Post #22   2/6/07 9:25:25AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2