Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

What's up with Brock Lesnar?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

XRAYMAN

Learning to Sprawl

XRAYMAN Avatar

Career:31-21
Chips:
Has anybody heard if, or when he is going to fight? Last time I heard Royce Gracie was going to train him for a show possibly in Feb.

Post #1   1/17/07 8:09:36AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I heard the same thing, but I haven't heard anything since.

Post #2   1/17/07 3:10:42PM   

Omega

Go TEAM!!! or I will kill you.

Omega Avatar

Career:482-300
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
Who knows, that thing was turning into a 3 ring circus anyway.

Post #3   1/17/07 3:42:21PM   

doomkroom

Learning to Sprawl

Career:498-304
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
he was mentioned by kurt angle on tna wrestling last night

Post #4   1/19/07 4:18:56PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by doomkroom

he was mentioned by kurt angle on tna wrestling last night

What did Angle have to say? I heard what I think is a rumor that Kurt was considering MMA...

Is it True ? Is it True?

(i wonder if anybody gets that wwe reference )

Post #5   1/19/07 7:53:26PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Career:501-328
Chips:
during a UFC Fight Club chat, dana white said that he talked to angle and angle chose to wrestle rather than fight for real.........

Post #6   1/24/07 7:13:49PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:

Posted by jmoooooo

during a UFC Fight Club chat, dana white said that he talked to angle and angle chose to wrestle rather than fight for real.........

Thanks for that, after Puder i'm not suprised Angle is bitching. Fair enough however that he's choosing to go back to what he knows.

Post #7   1/24/07 10:06:21PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
From what I've heard (rumored) is that Lesnar signed with K1 Heros and was scheduled to fight in Feb. Like I said just rumored...

On a side note, I just read an interview in grapplers quest or some other MMA magazine with Angle.... He had some pretty outlandish statements... "I could've been the best ever..." stuff like that... But as the magazine reported: The UFC contacted Angle after the Atlanta olymics about signing him, but Angle had to decline because of some sort of neck problems (It was stated that he won an olympic gold medal with broken vertibre (sp? ie. neckbones), if you want to believe that) It also discussed Pride contacting him about fighting there, but I think the reaccuring neck thing again or something. He's a pretty cocky guy, who I guess is a world class wrestler and claims to be training for MMA right now. He also mentioned that he was friends with Randy, so who knows maybe Team Quest could make something out of him. Sorry about the lack of source, I'll see what I can scrap up.

more power to him if he wants to go in there and try to prove himself in a real fight, but either way the interview was entertaining at least. Like I said I'll try to find out which mag it came from.

Post #8   1/26/07 5:02:14PM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Chips:
There is an article about Kurt Angle in last months RealFighter magazine. In it he says that Lesnar has signed with K1 and that he is seriously considering taking an mma fight. It is alot of him (Angle) talking about how other college wrestlers have suceeded in MMA and how he could have been the best. It is possible, he did win an olympic medal. But it sounds like sour grapes to me. If he does foray into MMA, I will be a big supporter. Perhaps the article and the rumors are a way to test the waters on what his fans think of the career switch. But this fan thinks he should shit or get off the pot. Fight and I'll love you. Wrestle and I'll love you. But shut the hell up.

Post #9   1/28/07 6:26:47AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by mrsumo

There is an article about Kurt Angle in last months RealFighter magazine. In it he says that Lesnar has signed with K1 and that he is seriously considering taking an mma fight. It is alot of him (Angle) talking about how other college wrestlers have suceeded in MMA and how he could have been the best. It is possible, he did win an olympic medal. But it sounds like sour grapes to me. If he does foray into MMA, I will be a big supporter. Perhaps the article and the rumors are a way to test the waters on what his fans think of the career switch. But this fan thinks he should shit or get off the pot. Fight and I'll love you. Wrestle and I'll love you. But shut the hell up.

Ya I hear ya, thanks for pointing out that article,,, I think he talks too much and a lot of it does sound like sour grapes, but I have to respect his acomplishments as an ametuer wrestler. sp more power to him. But I agree, either shit or get off the pot.

Post #10   1/28/07 7:01:02AM   

Livershot

MMA Regular

Livershot Avatar

Career:710-423
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:

Posted by mrsumo

Problem is whether he can take a good shot on the chin and come back for more, there are a lot of elite college wrestlers that have done well, there are also many that haven't, perhaps back in the day he could have dominated with takedowns and GnP, but nowadays you need a lot more

Post #11   1/28/07 11:42:41AM   

mrsumo

Standup Guy

mrsumo Avatar

Career:270-233
Chips:

Posted by Livershot

Problem is whether he can take a good shot on the chin and come back for more, there are a lot of elite college wrestlers that have done well, there are also many that haven't, perhaps back in the day he could have dominated with takedowns and GnP, but nowadays you need a lot more

I think his many years as a pro wrestler shows he can take a shot in the chin. How many MMA fighters can take a fall from a steel cage through a table onto a fallen opponent?

Post #12   1/28/07 9:01:49PM   

SICKRICK

Banned

Career:29-13
Chips:
i know mrsumo cant do that your to fat........

Post #13   1/29/07 7:45:09AM   

Livershot

MMA Regular

Livershot Avatar

Career:710-423
Camp: TheAxeMurdererz
Chips:

Posted by mrsumo

Posted by Livershot

I think his many years as a pro wrestler shows he can take a shot in the chin. How many MMA fighters can take a fall from a steel cage through a table onto a fallen opponent?

There is a big difference mentally between a rehearsed fall off a steel cage compared to somebody trying to punch you to knock you out cold

Pro wrestlers are tough, I am not disputing that for a second, but MMA is not rehearsed and your opponent is trying to hurt you bad, that is a completely different mental challenge

Post #14   1/29/07 6:14:25PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:
Puder made Angle whince like a little girl.

Post #15   1/29/07 7:44:52PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2