Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 82: Josh Koscheck vs. Dustin Hazelett fight in the works (Exclusive)

Print  
Posted By Message

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
MMAmania.com (www.mmamania.com) learned late last week that Dustin Hazelett (10-3) has been approached about taking a fight with Josh Koscheck (9-2) at UFC 82 at the Nationwide Arena on March 1 in Columbus, Ohio.

http://mmamania.com/2007/11/26/ufc-82-josh-koscheck-vs-dustin-hazelett-fight-in-the-works-exclusive/

Last edited 1/8/08 5:10PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   11/26/07 5:27:57PM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
In WW Koscheck loses to Penn (maybe) and GSP. Fitch vs. Kos is a REALLY close call.

Koscheck will cruise through anybody else in that division, including Hughes.

Post #2   11/26/07 5:48:12PM   

EvilScott

MMA Regular

EvilScott Avatar

Career:681-409
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
im a big fan of hazelett, but kos is a bad matchup for him...

Post #3   11/26/07 6:07:00PM   

tuvok500

GSP will Comeback JUMP !!!

tuvok500 Avatar

Career:2,021-1,032
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Koscheck should win this fight easely !!

Post #4   11/26/07 6:10:22PM   

Violentcuv

In Full Mount

Violentcuv Avatar

Career:828-495
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:

Posted by EvilScott

I agree 100%. I want to see Dustin do well, but there is no way he can beat Kos. In MMA there is no sure thing, but in this fight I can make an exception.

Post #5   11/26/07 6:31:12PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-469
Chips:
Who knows Koscheck is pretty cocky. If he takes Hazlett lightly then we could see an upset. Hazlet is tall and isin't a bad wrestler. He won't be able to keep the fight standing the whole time due to Kos' wrestling but I still think he has a legitimate shot.

Post #6   11/26/07 6:58:50PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I've always said Dustin Hazellett is the future. He's freakishly tall and has great submissions. But Kos IMO beats anybody in the WW division besides GSP, Fitch and Sanchez(Without staph infection)

I think Kos steps up is game once again to prove all the haters wrong. I see him getting the 2 or or 3rd round stoppage after dominating with wrestling. Hazellett could catch him in a sub though. Kos needs to watch out.

I hope he actually trains his wrestling this time. He didn't train alot with wrestling for te GSP fight because he said he thought he was way better then GSP already in that. You ALWAYS must train your heart out in every style.

I see a Kos stoppage in 2nd or 3rd but the safe pick is Kos by Decision

Post #7   11/26/07 7:33:05PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
kos probably takes this fight, but people need to get off his nuts. Koscheck beating hughes? lets be serious for a second.. if gsp thought that his wrestling was better than hughes, then he would've used the same strategy against hughes, that he did against koscheck. Trusting gsp's understanding of these fighters (which I do), that means that hughes is a better wrestler than koscheck. And i still dont understand how people give so much credit to koscheck's standup.. he threw a wild haymaker at the beginning of his fight with gsp and all of the sudden "his standup is vastly improved", fcuk that. Name one fight where he outstruck a good striker. Sanchez's striking is far from elite, and over 3 rounds of dancing, all koscheck landed was good jab. The order is as follows:

GSP

Hughes

Fitch

Sanchez

Karo

Koscheck

Sanchez cant beat fitch.. but the fight between them showed what sanchez does and how well he does it, its too bad that it also showed what fitch can do, and how well he can do it.

Post #8   11/26/07 9:36:04PM   

dvs_nelson

Learning to Sprawl

Career:129-75
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by silverbullet

In WW Koscheck loses to Penn (maybe) and GSP. Fitch vs. Kos is a REALLY close call.

Koscheck will cruise through anybody else in that division, including Hughes.

koscheck would get pounded by huhges IMO and i think fitch would walk through him as well, kos is good but i dont think his striking is up to par to go head to head with these guys, although hes got a mad ground game thats only half the equation and it would take more then that.

Post #9   11/26/07 9:40:31PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by Violentcuv

Posted by EvilScott

I agree 100%. I want to see Dustin do well, but there is no way he can beat Kos. In MMA there is no sure thing, but in this fight I can make an exception.

Guys im not sure what your reasoning is for this? Obviously Koscheck should be the favourite but not a massive one, to say Dustin has no chance is IMO completly ignoring submissions from the bottom, those lanky legs could very easily slap Kos in a triangle etc!!!

Post #10   11/27/07 5:52:34AM