Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nate Diaz vs. Alvin Robinson at UFN 12

Print  
Posted By Message

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I just saw this in the MMA News section and this is SWEET! This fight will be great war IMO!!!

I don't think Alvin was tested greatly against Jorge. I knew Jorge was overrated and was bound to get spanked sooner or later hence how I won over 1,000 dollars on that fight. Nate and Kenny Florian are a lot alike. Great ground games with good stand up that just hasn't been noticed yet.

I see Nate coming forward and pressing and Nate hitting him with hard shots forcing Alvin to take it to the ground and get caught in a triangle or go go possibly. I see Nate with a 1st round sub.

WAR Diaz!!!!

Like Scott said, this UFN is making me have wet dreams lol

Who you thinks going to win?

Last edited 11/24/07 4:52AM server time by Natedawgtham
Edit note/reason: Accidentally put Nick lol
2 total post edits

Post #1   11/24/07 4:51:33AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,000-1,126
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by NatedawgThaM

I just saw this in the MMA News section and this is SWEET! This fight will be great war IMO!!!

I don't think Alvin was tested greatly against Jorge. I knew Jorge was overrated and was bound to get spanked sooner or later hence how I won over 1,000 dollars on that fight. Nate and Kenny Florian are a lot alike. Great ground games with good stand up that just hasn't been noticed yet.

I see Nate coming forward and pressing and Nate hitting him with hard shots forcing Alvin to take it to the ground and get caught in a triangle or go go possibly. I see Nate with a 1st round sub.

WAR Diaz!!!!

Like Scott said, this UFN is making me have wet dreams lol

Who you thinks going to win?

While I would agree with giving the edge to Nate, I really beleive he needs to add some muscle. I don't think either of the Diaz brothers have great punching power, but they do land a lot, which adds up over time. I fear if a good wrestler, with good sub defense, gets on top of him he will have the same negative results as Nick has had in his career.Nick is much bigger than Nate, and can make 160, so I think Nate could really pack on some muscle if he tried.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #2   11/24/07 8:11:51AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,064-1,158
Chips:
I'll go out on a limb on this one and actually go with Robinson...he's a underdog against nate as he was against gurgel...im not even trying to compare nate to gurgel but still, I liked The kid's performance very much and pretty sure he can pull off the same kind show vs nate.

Post #3   11/24/07 12:30:41PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
im going with kid, i think nate can beat him standing, but he hasnt got enough power to really do all that much damage, and i think kid will end up taking him down and pounding on him for 3 rounds for a U.D or late stoppage. I no nate can pull out subs like nothing, but kids no slouch in the bjj department and should beable to defend himself or mabeys pull out a sub of his own from the top.

Post #4   11/24/07 1:24:45PM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
Can't go against Diaz, although I will admit this is a very very close fight.

Post #5   11/24/07 1:51:35PM   

JBatch

In Full Mount

JBatch Avatar

Career:779-491
Camp: Triumph
Chips:
I would go with Kid in this one. He is going to be able to dominate Nate physically. The Diaz bro's are scrappy but as hippy said a little on the lean side. Kid is a big guy and I think will dominate the positional battle and will be able to get out of pretty much any sub that Diaz can throw at him.

Post #6   11/24/07 2:57:02PM   

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:

Posted by JBatch

I would go with Kid in this one. He is going to be able to dominate Nate physically. The Diaz bro's are scrappy but as hippy said a little on the lean side. Kid is a big guy and I think will dominate the positional battle and will be able to get out of pretty much any sub that Diaz can throw at him.

agreed, kid is a bad matchup for nate because of his strength, he seems to be the exact kind of fighter that diaz cant handle. it will be a lot like the tuf 5 finale before manny got hurt.

Post #7   11/24/07 4:51:31PM   

dvs_nelson

Learning to Sprawl

Career:129-75
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
man idk about this one..
i mean diaz is a soldier who just keeps coming but i think the kid is going to push nate to his physical limit...in the end i see a decision goin to nate

Post #8   11/24/07 5:44:39PM   

Scott_Revels

Banned

Career:376-170
Chips:

Posted by fedorwins1

Can't go against Diaz, although I will admit this is a very very close fight.

Yeah, same here.. I'd rather lose knowing I picked the favored fighter, than pick the unfavored fighter and lose. GSP/Serra might've shown me not to believe what I see, but even then I have to go with who I believe is going to win..

Post #9   11/24/07 10:35:07PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
I think this will kinda be like the 1st round of the Nate vs Manny fight except for 3 rounds.
Robinson has some good potential and people are talking about Gurgel like he is some push over which is ridiculous hes a very tough fighter as well. I think Robinson will power him to the ground and work GnP for a decision.

Last edited 11/25/07 10:18PM server time by DevonFoxy
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   11/25/07 10:17:19PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
i am just wondering why everyone seems to think that alvin is this beast who will simply overpower nate.? i mean, florian had his way with him and he is definitely not the strongest man in the division by any means. don't getr me wrong, i'm still going to have to go with alvin on this one only because even though nate has some nasty stand up (franca fight) it doesn't seem to do that much damage. plus both fighters are extremely well versed in JJ so i can see this one going to a decision. anything can happen and this is going to be a close fight to call but i will go with alvin squeaking out a close decision.

Post #11   11/25/07 10:32:18PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
The reason i feel this way is the fact i haven't seen Nate have great takedown defense and Robinson has some great take downs. SO he will overpower him and take him down
As for the Ken-Flo fight i think he got manhandled so easily because he had some UFC jitters. Not saying it wouldn't happen again but i really feel the jitters got to Robinson and he had a pretty tough guy to start out with.

Post #12   11/25/07 10:42:21PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i am just wondering why everyone seems to think that alvin is this beast who will simply overpower nate.? i mean, florian had his way with him and he is definitely not the strongest man in the division by any means. don't getr me wrong, i'm still going to have to go with alvin on this one only because even though nate has some nasty stand up (franca fight) it doesn't seem to do that much damage. plus both fighters are extremely well versed in JJ so i can see this one going to a decision. anything can happen and this is going to be a close fight to call but i will go with alvin squeaking out a close decision.

AGREE 100%!!!

Kenny demolished him. It's just the fact he beat Gurgel who hasn't been impressive at the least.

Post #13   11/25/07 11:54:00PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,636-1,440
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I had a very hard time picking a winner for this fight. In the end I decided on Diaz by a late submission. Like you said, Robinson has only beat Gurgel, who hasn't impressed lately, and that was by a decision. Diaz is coming off two submission wins.

Post #14   11/27/07 3:18:54PM